Rhodes Scholar Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlsHelp

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the lowest GPA for this?
I read the list of people who won this year. There were some amazing ones that were PoC, but I noticed that the white females who won were not nearly as impressive..as in, they did photography or something and wrote for huffpost once. Wondering if this is affirmative action (which predominantly benefits white females) or what?
Just genuinely asking because I'm interested in applying and seeing if I should bother or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Affirmative action for white females.

Please read that a few times.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Affirmative action for white females.

Please read that a few times.
White females benefit the most from affirmative action, contrary to popular belief.

So just to quell this thread before it becomes an affirmative action debate, haha: If you search "rhodes scholar gpa" the first link says that the average gpa of a scholar is 3.9. If you look at the 3rd link, Cornell says that any gpa below 3.7 is not competitive.

And this site is more about people who want to go to med school, so you would be better served by asking the people who coordinate the applications at your school what they consider competitive. Good luck!

If you have to ask this question, you probably have no chance of getting it.

Reactions: 1 users
On the real, the minimum is a 3.7 GPA , and the average finalist has a 3.9. What does that mean? Some probably have 3.7x GPAs, but are compensating with ECs more impressive than the already impressive ECs of applicants with 3.9-4.0 GPAs.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.