Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ride for Rehab

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by axm397, Apr 28, 2007.

1. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician SDN Advisor

Attending Physician
    Dr. Joel Press, president of the AAPM&R, is riding cross country from San Francisco to Boston this summer to raise awareness for the field of PM&R and to raise funds for desperately needed outcomes research. He is asking all residents and medical students to sponsor him at 1cent per mile, or $38.61 for his 3,861 mile ride.

The Resident Physician Council of the AAPM&R is endorsing his project and holding a nationwide competition to see which institution can raise the most funds. The donation can be made through the foundation for PM&R website: http://www.foundationforpmr.org/rfr/rideforrehab.html. You can also ask patients and community members to donate under your institution to count towards your total. The institution with the most donation per capita, any institution that raises more than $25,000 will win a visit from Dr. Joel Press himself as a "visiting lecturer". We hope to have monthly updates on institutions and donations.

Read the resident newsletter for more details on projects around the country.

Please pm me with any questions about the ride.

Thank you!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drusso

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Great Idea on the institutional challenge!

I think we should have a little SDN challenge of our own. I pledged 5 cents per mile...but I'm a pain fellow status post signing bonus! :laugh:

4. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator

Attending Physician
  5. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator

Attending Physician