Ridiculous expectations from preceptors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

What were some unfair work or expectations given to you by preceptors during your rotations?

A message to certain preceptors to keep in mind and not do to students:
verbal and non-verbal behaviors that counts as BULLYING: undervaluing; negative, sarcastic, or condescending remarks; unreasonable expectations; hostile or degrading treatment; being ignored or socially isolated; and being shouted at or threatened

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my preceptors were great. I had one that was a clinical manager who was in charge of residents and interns. I sort of hated her. Her job was so far outside what a “real” pharmacist does and so far outside what I wanted to do that it was a real “grin and bear it” type experience for me. It was a personality mismatch as well.

The part that seemed unreasonable to me was that I think she expected me to be grateful or even enjoy it. Uhhh no thank you. I’ll do it but I won’t act like I enjoy it, lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Having to be there at a certain time and not willing to change the hours. This preceptor knew damn well that I drive and that around this hospital there is no parking/street cleaning every day between 730AM-9AM but she wanted me there at 8AM (almost impossible to find parking) instead of changing the time to 905AM.

She had the audacity to tell me to take the subway and that cars are bad for the environment.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really enjoyed all my preceptors except ONE:

She had been the residency program director for years while taking on APPE students. She was known to have failed an "occasional" student over the past few years and I was warned in advance by (sadly) other preceptors and recent residents who have crossed paths with her. On day one, I was assigned to do a med reconciliation and wasn't that familiar with their EHR system and had trouble finding certain items. When I asked for further guidance, I get the "That's not my problem - you should've gotten oriented when you were cleared to rotate here" speech...

I was then told that same day (not even a heads up) to prepare for a topic discussion for the nursing staff that very next morning and that I should be on site an hour early. I cram my slides / handouts and show up early the next day only to find that the work area and conference room are locked. Guess who has the key? The one and only RPD (the residents were out on another site that day). So, I wait for an hour...

I then get told that my presentation would be pushed back later in the week and asked if I did my patient workups for discussion prior to rounds later that day. I then proceed to remind her that "her syllabus" she sent out to me was about shadowing and getting oriented to her workflow for the first 3-4 days while slowly easing my way into the rotation. She proceeds to tell me that I'm on my way to a failure and that's when it hit me: she had no intention of wanting to teach and quite frankly, not much of a care on my progression...

Before the end of day two, I find her office and communicated that we were done and that I'd be contacting the school for further guidance (I planned on possibly pushing up my "off block" rotation). She smiles with a relief stating that she had informed the school that she couldn't take any students and questioned why I was there...not sure what to think on that since she knowingly emailed me prior to my start date...

Later found out her site was reported to ASHP and that she lost her position. She moved across the country, and I moved on with my life.

The end.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
I had one preceptor who flipped out because I couldn’t make an afternoon meeting with her, because her boss (director) scheduled one with me to talk about something else that day.

Same preceptor was very cagey about time off for interviews and such.

So glad my site doesn’t do this to students. Like, students aren’t serfs. Your job as a preceptor is to train students and make sure they succeed in careers, which sometimes means letting them go on interviews and things without much friction.

Reactions: 3 users
Just one relatively young, inexperienced preceptor I had who seemed to have some sort of inferiority/Napoleon complex of some sort. I don’t think she liked me because of my memory and vocabulary (jealousy). Treated me poorly, sent me home because I would question her decisions & logic (until I just “learned” to not and get through it). Ended up mostly just doing fluff research assignments alone in the hospital library because she didn’t want to deal with me

Never had any other issues with other preceptors who would allow some degree independence and questioning of environmental norms

Yeah, I really don’t get those preceptors who go out of your way to inconvenience you…as a student, your transportation, resources, time, and knowledge (or lack thereof) of an often completely foreign area are very limited. Got shamed/scolded by said Napoleon complex preceptor one day because I wore scrubs (vs. “professional” attire) and explaining practicality of walking to the hospital in a down pour. Yeah…students don’t have the luxury/perks of free parking from work, genius

To sum it up, the ridiculous expectation was that I was not allowed to demonstrate or express any curiosity or have a different perception/view point

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I had two really nice preceptors and two nasty ones.......it's just part of life.

Didn't have any really. Had assignments and expectation was for those to be completed as they were. Really enjoyed retail setting at an independent got to make capsules, suppositories, etc.....no way you could do that now.

I had two really nice preceptors and two nasty ones.......it's just part of life.
People like you are the reasons this stuff goes in circles and gets normalized. It shouldn’t be a part of life and you shouldn’t just accept it otherwise the next student will get nasty treatment too. No one should have to deal with nasty preceptors and if these preceptors are being unfair then report them to your rotation director or higher up. These preceptors don’t deserve to be preceptors. Schools need to look out of their students and advocate for them instead of kissing up to the preceptors a**.

I had a preceptor threaten to fail me within 1 week of rotation because I needed more practice with my brands. Then she was rolling her eyes the whole time and let her techs disrespect me while I was presenting. I had to do med recs AND patient education daily because they had no tech for it and the pharmacists didn’t want to do it. They rather sit and gossip about other employees the whole time. Little did I know was there a quota placed on them as if I have any control over the patients…. I was told I was failing it even though there were nothing wrong with them. Then weekly I had to present patient cases AND journal clubs on top these random questions as hw. Apparently that was failing too when no criteria for them was placed. my preceptor was biased and if I couldn’t answer one question or answer some follow up questions, then that’s failing too, even if I wrote the answers later and gave it to her. Then if the school talks to them they retaliate and make the remaining days he*l. They give you more work and even if you do them all, they say you didn’t turn them in on time even though no time was placed on them just the date or she tells you the day before to get a big project done. Then during my presentation she walks out or interrupt you every single time while I’m presentation rather than waiting till the end. It was rude and disrespectful and lots of abuse of authority in that rotation and talking negatively about students or acting dismissive or looking down on students. We are not residents or pharmacists with years of experience may I remind you preceptors. Instead of having a good learning hands on experience and looking up to your preceptor, I’m left with a bad taste. Shame on these preceptors. They’re not good role models. If you can’t precept them then send them to the library to study for the boards

If the board of pharmacy thought students were ready to practice, we would’ve taken the NAPLEX after 3rd year but nope there’s a reason why we are getting a whole year of training and time for a year of board studying. This wasn’t so preceptors can fail us for rotations with their ridiculous expectations just because we can’t answer the brand name Soliqua right off the bat at that moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a preceptor threaten to fail me within 1 week of rotation because I needed more practice with my brands. Then she was rolling her eyes the whole time and let her techs disrespect me while I was presenting. I had to do med recs AND patient education daily because they had no tech for it and the pharmacists didn’t want to do it. They rather sit and gossip about other employees the whole time. Little did I know was there a quota placed on them as if I have any control over the patients…. I was told I was failing it even though there were nothing wrong with them. Then weekly I had to present patient cases AND journal clubs on top these random questions as hw. Apparently that was failing too when no criteria for them was placed. my preceptor was biased and if I couldn’t answer one question or answer some follow up questions, then that’s failing too, even if I wrote the answers later and gave it to her. Then if the school talks to them they retaliate and make the remaining days he*l. They give you more work and even if you do them all, they say you didn’t turn them in on time even though no time was placed on them just the date or she tells you the day before to get a big project done. Then during my presentation she walks out or interrupt you every single time while I’m presentation rather than waiting till the end. It was rude and disrespectful and lots of abuse of authority in that rotation and talking negatively about students or acting dismissive or looking down on students. We are not residents or pharmacists with years of experience may I remind you preceptors. Instead of having a good learning hands on experience and looking up to your preceptor, I’m left with a bad taste. Shame on these preceptors. They’re not good role models. If you can’t precept them then send them to the library to study for the boards

If the board of pharmacy thought students were ready to practice, we would’ve taken the NAPLEX after 3rd year but nope there’s a reason why we are getting a whole year of training and time for a year of board studying. This wasn’t so preceptors can fail us for rotations with their ridiculous expectations just because we can’t answer the brand name Soliqua right off the bat at that moment.
That sounds like a god awful experience. There is no need to be nasty nor is ridiculing someone during a presentation acceptable.
I don't think students should be lap dogs for metrics and busy work but rather gain a sense and understanding of the various different work environments to gain a better sense of how healthcare functions as a whole (so much really depends on the setting and patient population expected in said setting).

People like you are the reasons this stuff goes in circles and gets normalized. It shouldn’t be a part of life and you shouldn’t just accept it otherwise the next student will get nasty treatment too. No one should have to deal with nasty preceptors and if these preceptors are being unfair then report them to your rotation director or higher up. These preceptors don’t deserve to be preceptors. Schools need to look out of their students and advocate for them instead of kissing up to the preceptors a**.
I left pharmacy altogether because I never liked the pharmacy bubble: rampant cronyism and nepotism, suppressive work environment, as well as nonexistent career growth, even the people...I had a newly minted hospital preceptor who got out of residency herself one yr prior, and she made my life absolutely miserable every freaking day when I was there. She made me wanna quit pharmacy the next day when my diploma paper arrived my mailbox, and thank goodness, I don't have to identify myself as a pharmacist anymore.

Tbh, I despise a lot of so-called "clinical pharmacists" to this day, especially the ones that are residency-trained and made a living out of abusing upcoming students just to satisfy their pathological superiority complex. On the other hand, they motivated me to quit pharmacy asap and never look back.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Back in the Stone Age, I was so looking forward to my Nutritional Support rotation! My preceptor was well known in his field. The first day he told me, he has no syllabus, no outline or routine for me. He said "a student's grade starts from zero and eventually should make it to 70+, based on his work"
I told him our grades should start at 100% and go down from there according to our work! To my surprise, he laughed and agreed with me. It was my best rotation. I later got a PGY1 residency in Nutritional Support because of him. We stayed friends and socialized for years after that. He is now retired.

I was a preceptor as an Infusion Pharmacist in a Home Health Care, and later as Oncology Pharmacist with a Hem/Onc practice. It soon got around that I was an EASY A. I was very easy to please; show up, pay attention, and pretend you are interested. You have an A. You would be amazed at how many students couldn't get these three simple rules right. NEVER failed anyone, even though some deserved it. Didn't want to mess with their future.
I had a female student, severe Type A personality with OCD sprinkled in. Every day, I went to lunch, she would tidy up my desk and organize my office, which I hated. Kept reminding her not to do it, and she kept doing it. I was so happy when she left, I liked my messy desk.

• Okay...
I had two really bad preceptors. One was an older guy at a rural hospital who took the student evaluation way too seriously. He would compare himself to the student and use that as the grading rubric. There was one segment about knowledge of state and federal laws and he said "I'm barely a 3 so I can't give you anything higher than that". Okay dingleberry this is a STUDENT evaluation.

The other one was an egomaniac preceptor who would tell anyone that listened about how she disliked me. No worries though, she gave up her pharmacist license after refusing rehab during an incident where staff caught her passed out on the floor with a needle in her arm

• Wow
I left pharmacy altogether because I never liked the pharmacy bubble: rampant cronyism and nepotism, suppressive work environment, as well as nonexistent career growth, even the people...I had a newly minted hospital preceptor who got out of residency herself one yr prior, and she made my life absolutely miserable every freaking day when I was there. She made me wanna quit pharmacy the next day when my diploma paper arrived my mailbox, and thank goodness, I don't have to identify myself as a pharmacist anymore.

Tbh, I despise a lot of so-called "clinical pharmacists" to this day, especially the ones that are residency-trained and made a living out of abusing upcoming students just to satisfy their pathological superiority complex. On the other hand, they motivated me to quit pharmacy asap and never look back.
How have you been paying off your loans and what ended up being your backup? If you don’t mind sharing

How have you been paying off your loans and what ended up being your backup? If you don’t mind sharing
I went to a cheap public school, so my total debt was manageable and minimal, ~60k.

I went straight into industry. I made 120k 1st yr, 200k+ 2nd yr, and will be making 400k+/yr starting Jan 2023. I am <3y out of pharmacy school and have double masters, one in Chem and one in CS, for which I pursued shortly after pharmacy school.

How was this not a reasonable suggestion?

Because the car saved me about 3 hours a day of travel time. Time with traffic still an hour and a half less than taking public transport.

Now from a rotation standpoint, it was still a good rotation and learned a lot but I ended up having to come earlier and find a place like 10 blocks away to park the car where there was street cleaning at a different time.

My worst rotation ever was the one where the preceptor failed me for refusing to walk around the streets of Harlem and the South Bronx asking random people if they want to get an HIV test, and yelling out random facts about HIV, and giving out goody bags of free safe sex and safe injection supplies.

Last edited:
I am the only student in the history of WVU to fail a rotation at Omnicare. Widely considered the easiest, most mindless, pointless rotation in history. And to this day, I have no idea WTF I did to piss the preceptor off so badly. I was just told he didn't want me around anymore and to leave.

• Sad
I am the only student in the history of WVU to fail a rotation at Omnicare. Widely considered the easiest, most mindless, pointless rotation in history. And to this day, I have no idea WTF I did to piss the preceptor off so badly. I was just told he didn't want me around anymore and to leave.
In a funny twist, don’t you work for CVS now?

And your school did nothing to set up a meeting or to help you? They just let you fail unfairly?

And your school did nothing to set up a meeting or to help you? They just let you fail unfairly?
At the "you're in trouble" meeting at the school, the official reason was that I "exhibited unprofessional behavior." No real specifics other than two things. Apparently, they didn't like my joke voicemail recording on my personal cellphone. And that "I said something to a tech." I asked what I said that was so bad and they had no specifics. They just wanted me gone.

It was crazy, though. They were threatening to kick me out of school.
The school made me go see a psychiatrist and get evaluated. They did the whole shebang. IQ Test, personality tests, etc, etc. And that any progress notes were sent to the school. Said guy then came to the conclusion that I had ADHD and they force fed me Adderall (like, I had to sign a form that I'd continue seeing this psychologist and take any prescribed medication while enrolled in pharmacy school.). So...yeah.

It was pretty weird.

Seriously, I have no flipping idea wtf I did to this day.

Also I don't have ADHD and a therapist/ psychologist later evaluated me after I graduated and told me that whoever told me I had ADHD was nuts. I'm fine. I was probably just dealing with the extreme anxiety of that moment of my life.

Last edited:
  • Wow
At the "you're in trouble" meeting at the school, the official reason was that I "exhibited unprofessional behavior." No real specifics other than two things. Apparently, they didn't like my joke voicemail recording on my personal cellphone. And that "I said something to a tech." I asked what I said that was so bad and they had no specifics. They just wanted me gone.

It was crazy, though. They were threatening to kick me out of school.
The school made me go see a psychiatrist and get evaluated. They did the whole shebang. IQ Test, personality tests, etc, etc. And that any progress notes were sent to the school. Said guy then came to the conclusion that I had ADHD and they force fed me Adderall (like, I had to sign a form that I'd continue seeing this psychologist and take any prescribed medication while enrolled in pharmacy school.). So...yeah.

It was pretty weird.

Seriously, I have no flipping idea wtf I did to this day.

Also I don't have ADHD and a therapist/ psychologist later evaluated me after I graduated and told me that whoever told me I had ADHD was nuts. I'm fine. I was probably just dealing with the extreme anxiety of that moment of my life.
These preceptors act like just because they had it hard, their students deserve the same. if they’re jealous of you, they will try everything in their power to use your weakness against you and make you look bad in front of everyone. They don’t want you to succeed and be better than them especially if you’re not part of their “clique”

Not sure why your school believed the preceptor over a vague response. If it’s not documented or there’s no witness, it didn’t happen yet the school added more to your anxiety. Anyways I’m glad you’re doing better now and the customers rated you well.

These preceptors act like just because they had it hard, their students deserve the same. if they’re jealous of you, they will try everything in their power to use your weakness against you and make you look bad in front of everyone. They don’t want you to succeed and be better than them especially if you’re not part of their “clique”

Not sure why your school believed the preceptor over a vague response. If it’s not documented or there’s no witness, it didn’t happen yet the school added more to your anxiety. Anyways I’m glad you’re doing better now and the customers rated you well.
That's a well-known fact.

Some clinical preceptors have well-documented records of belittling students and won't hesitate to abuse them whenever they get the chance.
From my understanding, they get pushed around by MDs on a daily basis. They won't dare to exert any authority upon RNs or even medical residents, so who else can be the proper victims for a bunch of self-entitled pharmacists to show off and feel good about themselves? Students, of course, that's a no-brainer. Failing students, at least on the surface, will justify their importance in the role. Think about it. If any students can function effectively in their role, management and even themselves will view them as losers, who had to complete PGY-1/PGY-2.

Look - if you can’t handle it now, trust me - you can’t handle the real thing..

Tick tock student…. You made your bed now you gotta sleep in it..

I went to a cheap public school, so my total debt was manageable and minimal, ~60k.

I went straight into industry. I made 120k 1st yr, 200k+ 2nd yr, and will be making 400k+/yr starting Jan 2023. I am <3y out of pharmacy school and have double masters, one in Chem and one in CS, for which I pursued shortly after pharmacy school.
you telling me you got hired as a junior dev or junior engineer at 120k fresh out of undergrad? did you develop a full stack application using microservice api's or something?

you telling me you got hired as a junior dev or junior engineer at 120k fresh out of undergrad? did you develop a full stack application using microservice api's or something?
Even cs interns are paid more hourly than typical pharmacist wage, and it's no secret. I rent two rooms for Meta interns, who had to show me their offer letter before signing the agreement. 120k/yr is kinda lowball now, that's the fresh grad market rate amid 15% unemployment rate back in mid-2020. Today I won't even look at offers below 170k base...

Last edited:
Even cs interns are paid more hourly than typical pharmacist wage, and it's no secret. I rent two rooms for Meta interns, who had to show me their offer letter before signing the agreement. 120k/yr is kinda lowball now, that's the fresh grad market rate amid 15% unemployment rate back in mid-2020. Today I won't even look at offers below 170k base...
Are you sure about that? You aren't the only one that works as software dev here. The 2 other friends that I still keep in touch with make the same starting salary as me as junior devs and its nowhere close to what you are stating.

Are you sure about that? You aren't the only one that works as software dev here. The 2 other friends that I still keep in touch with make the same starting salary as me as junior devs and its nowhere close to what you are stating.
I used to live within 5 min radius of Meta HQ, and I have screenshots of my former summer intern tenants' offer letter. Their monthly salary, plus housing stipend is approximately 10k/month, which is roughly 60/hr. How many pharmacists are making more than 60/hr?

I used to live within 5 min radius of Meta HQ, and I have screenshots of my former summer intern tenants' offer letter. Their monthly salary, plus housing stipend is approximately 10k/month, which is roughly 60/hr. How many pharmacists are making more than 60/hr?
I don't know every single pharmacist around me, but I know all of our pharmacists at our supposedly underpaying AMC in a low cost of living state are making more than that now. My first job out of residency was 65/hr

We get it, you left pharmacy and are making a ton of money now.

I don't know every single pharmacist around me, but I know all of our pharmacists at our supposedly underpaying AMC in a low cost of living state are making more than that now. My first job out of residency was 65/hr

We get it, you left pharmacy and are making a ton of money now.
A 19 yr old 2nd yr undergrad cs intern making 60/hr vs 25+ yr old pharmd + residency holy-grail clinical pharmacist making 65/hr...If you wanna a fair comparison, the same 19 yr old 2nd yr undergrad is expected to make at least 300k+/yr, or 150/hr, by age 25+. By age 35, the same cs person's tc can grow to at least 500k/yr, or 250/hr. What's the expected wage of a pharmacist with 10 yr exp?

Last edited:
A 19 yr old 2nd yr undergrad cs intern making 60/hr vs 25+ yr old pharmd + residency holy-grail clinical pharmacist making 65/hr...If you wanna a fair comparison, the same 19 yr old 2nd yr undergrad is expected to make at least 300k+/yr, or 150/hr, by age 25+. By age 35, the same cs person's tc can grow to at least 500k/yr, or 250/hr. What's the expected wage of a pharmacist with 10 yr exp?
And movie stars make millions per movie and top athletes make millions per year. Mutual fund managers make bank. Business owners have no cap on income. There is always a bigger fish.

I am not against cs by any means. But I guarantee their forums are filled with people who complain about some aspect of the job and people who promote some other field. It’s human nature.

Also I just realized this thread is about preceptor expectations. Let’s keep the job market comparisons to the many, many threads (and dedicated forum) we have for that topic. We don’t need to discuss it in every thread and it’s rude to derail threads.

I bet those holy-grail clinical pharmacists are tough preceptors

• Haha
People working in tech def make good money but I think you might be adding too many inches with your stories here. I missed the part where you said you received a masters so I can't say much in terms of personal anecdotes. But for everyone else who just graduates with a regular bachelor's degree in cs, starting salary for junior devs is more like 70k-85k.

People working in tech def make good money but I think you might be adding too many inches with your stories here. I missed the part where you said you received a masters so I can't say much in terms of personal anecdotes. But for everyone else who just graduates with a regular bachelor's degree in cs, starting salary for junior devs is more like 70k-85k.
I can be biased, of course. But I am trying to draw a parallel between people of same caliber in two distinct professions, and I would consider a 25 yr old residency-trained clinical pharmacist making 65/hr on 1st job as an equivalent counterpart of a 19 yr old 2nd yr undergrad cs intern making 60/hr since both are approx. 90th percentile or higher in their field. Of course not everyone in cs can land internship at Meta or Google in their 2nd yr, but same can be said for residency as well. Not everyone in pharmacy can land coveted hospital residency or industry fellowships. Considering the sheer amount of competition, ~1% industry fellowship acceptance rate for candidates is the new norm. Landing a Meta internship ain't that hard. Some new grad cs bachelor's are making 80k a year, just as some pharmacy grads are struggling to get a a job.

Last edited:
I bet those holy-grail clinical pharmacists are tough preceptors
The preceptor that gave me such a hard time and actually failed me was one holy-grail clinical pharmacist, at least she thought she was.

• Haha
And movie stars make millions per movie and top athletes make millions per year. Mutual fund managers make bank. Business owners have no cap on income. There is always a bigger fish.

I am not against cs by any means. But I guarantee their forums are filled with people who complain about some aspect of the job and people who promote some other field. It’s human nature.
I was trying to give an equivalent example in cs, not outliers. I didn't do a residency or fellowship, and I don't think I can crush the competition and get a spot til this day. Tbh, I don't think I can even land a fellowship in my area today if I was a P4, despite the fact that I am already at assoc. director/director level. The rules are drastically different for students vs experienced hire. Anyways, I did notice a pattern that plenty of residency-trained pharmacist tend to give students a much harder time, whereas others tend to be more chill. I suppose residency made them confident that they can supremely rule over us failures.

Last edited:
A lazy preceptor would want to give you less work because that also means less work for the preceptor. Students like this OP don’t appreciate it anyways so why bother?
I would love to have all my preceptors give me absolutely zero work to do and blindly pass me for good. Not all students are interested in pursuing a career like theirs. They are relieved of student mentorship and any responsibilities, and students get free time to do whatever they want. It's a good deal for everyone.

I can be biased, of course. But I am trying to draw a parallel between people of same caliber in two distinct professions, and I would consider a 25 yr old residency-trained clinical pharmacist making 65/hr on 1st job as an equivalent counterpart of a 19 yr old 2nd yr undergrad cs intern making 60/hr since both are approx. 90th percentile or higher in their field. Of course not everyone in cs can land internship at Meta or Google in their 2nd yr, but same can be said for residency as well. Not everyone in pharmacy can land coveted hospital residency or industry fellowships. Considering the sheer amount of competition, ~1% industry fellowship acceptance rate for candidates is the new norm. Landing a Meta internship ain't that hard. Some new grad cs bachelor's are making 80k a year, just as some pharmacy grads are struggling to get a a job.
lmao, im absolutely confused with your angle here. You sell cs as if its as easy as going to buy groceries. Literally just send your name in and you will get hired by facebook or google making $150k as fresh undergrad or $100k as an intern. To me, it sounds like you never even wrote hello world

lmao, im absolutely confused with your angle here. You sell cs as if its as easy as going to buy groceries. Literally just send your name in and you will get hired by facebook or google making $150k as fresh undergrad or $100k as an intern. To me, it sounds like you never even wrote hello world
If someone can get thru pharmacy school and land a residency, considering the amount of time invested in achieving it, I don't see how the same person cannot land a Meta or Google internship if he/she is in a cs program instead. I had a full-time job while doing a MSCS (4.0 GPA), and I never had to pull all-nighters frequently. On the contrary, I had to stay up many late nights in pharmacy school, and I graduated with a ~3.0 GPA. Not to say one is easier than the other, but I believe a lot of people can accomplish many great things if they dedicate that much time to something.

I don't have to prove myself to you. Some people on this forum knew me and connected through LinkedIn. I am not selling cs here as I am not making a profit out of it. In fact, I would rather see all pharmacists stay in pharmacy forever, and leave CS all to me. And I got to continue to enjoy taking additional perm remote contracts billing $100/hr and more if I wish. I am just stating a fact that if I, pretty much a B- student in pharmacy albeit somewhat self-inflicted, can do it, I don't see why those straight A super keeners can't make it.

Last edited:
If someone can get thru pharmacy school and land a residency, considering the amount of time invested in achieving it, I don't know how the same person cannot land a Meta or Google internship if he/she is in a cs program instead. I had a full-time job while doing a MSCS (4.0 GPA), and I never had to pull all-nighters frequently. On the contrary, I had to stay up many late nights in pharmacy school, and I graduated with a ~3.0 GPA. Not to say one is easier than the other, but I believe a lot of people can accomplish many great things if they dedicate that much time to something.

I don't have to prove myself to you. Some people on this forum knew me and connected through LinkedIn. I am not selling cs here as I am not making a profit out of it. In fact, I would rather see all pharmacists stay in pharmacy forever, and leave CS all to me. And I got to continue to enjoy taking additional perm remote contracts billing $100/hr and more if I wish. I am just stating a fact that if I, pretty much a B- student in pharmacy albeit somewhat voluntary, can do it, I don't see why those straight A super keeners can't make it.
You had to pull all nighters in pharmacy school?

You had to pull all nighters in pharmacy school?
Yeah, I sucked at pharmacotherapy courses...maybe oncology was the only topic I found interesting, but definitely not psychiatry and other stuff like infectious disease and endocrinology. Exams were long and covered too much material.

If someone can get thru pharmacy school and land a residency, considering the amount of time invested in achieving it, I don't see how the same person cannot land a Meta or Google internship if he/she is in a cs program instead. I had a full-time job while doing a MSCS (4.0 GPA), and I never had to pull all-nighters frequently. On the contrary, I had to stay up many late nights in pharmacy school, and I graduated with a ~3.0 GPA. Not to say one is easier than the other, but I believe a lot of people can accomplish many great things if they dedicate that much time to something.

I don't have to prove myself to you. Some people on this forum knew me and connected through LinkedIn. I am not selling cs here as I am not making a profit out of it. In fact, I would rather see all pharmacists stay in pharmacy forever, and leave CS all to me. And I got to continue to enjoy taking additional perm remote contracts billing $100/hr and more if I wish. I am just stating a fact that if I, pretty much a B- student in pharmacy albeit somewhat self-inflicted, can do it, I don't see why those straight A super keeners can't make it.
lol okay.... so many contradictions i really have no idea what you are even saying anymore. to me, it seems like a lot of insecurity on your end to prove something. maybe you should start hanging out on stackoverflow now and stop coming here to flex

lol okay.... so many contradictions i really have no idea what you are even saying anymore. to me, it seems like a lot of insecurity on your end to prove something. maybe you should start hanging out on stackoverflow now and stop coming here to flex
How do you know if I am not flexing on blind lol?

I had a traumatic experience dealing with arrogant and condescending preceptors, I still have a strong and distasteful feeling and that's why I commented. What's wrong with that?

• Haha
How do you know if I am not flexing on blind lol?

I had a traumatic experience dealing with arrogant and condescending preceptors, I still have a strong and distasteful feeling and that's why I commented. What's wrong with that?
lmao

Anywho, had one preceptor (clinical pharmacist) who jokingly told us students that we should get to know our patients to the point of knowing their BM habits and Is/Os (I/O)…such a great sense of humor, she did her time working ”community” and is well aware of how much **** us retail RPhs go through from both patients and employers

she was definitely my favorite preceptor…despite being a “high and mighty” clinical pharmacist because she knew when to be serious vs when to have fun

More than the 2023 batch of interns it seems:

More than the 2023 batch of interns it seems:

SF Bay Area has way too many high tech and fintech companies to pass up. Meta is just one of them. In the last 24 hrs alone, I received six recruiter emails to call for interviews. A lot of companies, including start-ups are offering competitive salary that can somewhat rival FAANG TC, especially when their stock is beaten down so much. I even got a biotech company hiring 95-105/hr for a remote R Shiny developer, and several others hiring ML scientists at 175k base + perm remote...I don't know how I can handle this, maybe in a few months I will change my mind to take another job and hit 650k+ TC by the end of 2023.

Again, I want to make myself clear. I don't want to sell cs, and that's against my interest. Instead, I want to protect my lunch and hide the whereabouts of the goldmine and just watch on the sideline.