Riverside County Medical Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slim Pickins

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this program? I've only been able to find one opinion and it was not very glowing.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 3 classmates who got accepted there this next year. I know 2 of them really well and they are both excellent students who I would trust more than most of the rest of my class. They will all be great assets to the program.

The program is smaller and relatively new. I'm sure there are good and bad things about the residency like any. This program is very competetive, however, due to it's location. It is the only osteopathic anesthesia residency in the west--and furthermore its in southern CA, which is a very competetive location in general. If you are interested in going to this program you really should rotate there. Plan to do it before December of your 4th year.

Lefty

I heard it's a Pyramid System(which is illegal in ACGME programs). I know of one of my classmates who got kicked out of the program b/c there wasn't enough funding.(not b/c he was a trouble maker) AOA funding can be hit and miss at times. But, again I didn't personally talk to him.... just heard it trough the grapevine.

That's weird. So what did he have to do then? Are you sure about the pyramid? I thought that idea was a thing of the past.

Any more info on RCRMC anyone?