Riverside, Spartanburg, Hawaii TY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OphthoApplicant04

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have updated input on these TYs? Most of the info I can find is from prior to the hours changes and I was curious to know what these programs are like these days. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have updated input on these TYs? Most of the info I can find is from prior to the hours changes and I was curious to know what these programs are like these days. Thanks!

I did my TY at Riverside less than 5 years ago. It was one of the best choices I've ever made. I became good friends with some awesome co-residents and had a great time overall. It's about as good an intern year as you can have these days.

All TYs are slowly becoming slightly less awesome due to various ACGME requirements and such, but Riverside still stands out as being one of the best - if not THE best - TY program around.