Rochester, NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ekard81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could comment on Rochester's pathology residency program. Strengths, weaknesses, impressions, etc..

Members don't see this ad.

I was kinda hoping this question wouldn't pop up here. ;)

Dr. James Powers, one of *the* names in Neuropath, is retiring next year. I'm sure that'll drag the program down a bit, although I have no clue how much.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard they lost a significant amount of their hemepath there recently? I really don't want to start any rumors, and that is just a rumor. It may not be true at all, but it is probably worth your investigating, if you are seriously considering the program.

I heard they lost a significant amount of their hemepath there recently? I really don't want to start any rumors, and that is just a rumor. It may not be true at all, but it is probably worth your investigating, if you are seriously considering the program.

They did, and in fact, we were getting marrows from them in Syracuse for awhile. I don't think we're getting them currently, so they must have some hemepath staff now.

There was some recent turnover, but the department is now fully staffed and thriving, with a new hematopathology fellowship.

There was some recent turnover, but the department is now fully staffed and thriving, with a new hematopathology fellowship.

That's good to hear; no doubt it's a solid program! :)