Rocky Vista (CO) vs. Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baselineconfusion

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am stuck deciding between these two schools, Rocky Vista - Colorado Campus and Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine. I have been researching myself and asking friends, but my friends love their respective med schools and the things I have been researching on their websites give me the "ok and..." type of responses out of me.

- I will say that I would rather go to a more established school, but from what I have heard, both these schools are established now.
- Tuition and cost of living are roughly the same for both
- The match rates for both were relatively the same.
- Both schools establish their own rotations for your 3rd and 4th years, which is nice and reassuring.
- I've seen other threads talking about location, but in reality we are studying most of the time. I'm not really sure if I would like a small town vibe like Dothan, AL or a more suburb/city-like vibe as Parker/Denver, CO. Location is not a true deal breaker for me though as I love both hot and cold environments.

If you all have any other facts/insights about these two schools, such as curriculum, match list, other stats, etc., I would love to hear about them in hopes of helping me decide on a school in the near future. My top interests right now are Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, and Orthopedic Surgery (due to past experiences), but I am obviously keeping an open mind to all fields when I get to school in the fall.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.