Roe v Wade is rumored to be overturned soon.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How so? Teachers, lawyers, nurses, doctors, and more make enough money to go to other states to work.
For many that would involve uprooting their family completely. Also, Americans are great about threatening to do things when life isn't going well but rarely following through with it.

You remember how many people swore they were going to move to Canada if Trump won? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, and where are my manners?! I forgot to acknowledge the most important part of this argument:

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At the end of the day, most people vote with their wallet. This and this alone is why people are leaving CA, NY, IL etc. Maybe it’s not the best way to make change, but it’s the reality if things

For many that would involve uprooting their family completely. Also, Americans are great about threatening to do things when life isn't going well but rarely following through with it.

You remember how many people swore they were going to move to Canada if Trump won? Pepperidge farm remembers.
I'm sure someone who has republican parents would think that now is the time to move away from them since they know that if they get pregnant by any means that they will be forced to carry the baby to birth.

I'm sure someone who has republican parents would think that now is the time to move away from them since they know that if they get pregnant by any means that they will be forced to carry the baby to birth.
Hey, and don't forget 'ol Thomas is coming for your birth control and anything that isn't PIV heterosexual sex too, per his own statements. People forget that sodomy laws don't just cover a very specific act between gay men, it covers all "unnatural" sex acts. So get ready to go back to the days when birth control wasn't legal except in rare circumstances and you can go to jail for pleasuring your partner the "wrong" way if the law so decides. The Republicans really just want to make sure we're free to do exactly as they say and nothing more or less
Screenshot_20220624-220815_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey, and don't forget 'ol Thomas is coming for your birth control and anything that isn't PIV heterosexual sex too, per his own statements. People forget that sodomy laws don't just cover a very specific act between gay men, it covers all "unnatural" sex acts. So get ready to go back to the days when birth control wasn't legal except in rare circumstances and you can go to jail for pleasuring your partner the "wrong" way if the law so decides. The Republicans really just want to make sure we're free to do exactly as they say and nothing more or less
View attachment 356563
This is why we need to vote. I'm not homosexual but everyone deserves equal rights. This nation is not as free as I thought.

Or women could just start withholding sex in those states.

easier said than done in certain cultures and religious groups.

and that doesn’t cover forced sex.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, isn't that already happening?
VA Hopeful
I say let all of the educated people who value reproductive freedom leave those states. If they can't get enough people to staff schools and hospitals that may freak them out enough to change the laws.
And the world is ending....Yea, let me know when all those people flee.

Last edited:
If anything liberals should be fleeing *to* Texas. If Texas goes blue, the GOP will never win the presidency again
So, you propose a one-party system, yea that's real democracy...We are going down a terrible path when people disagree with one party, they think that opposing party is bad and should disappear. You have no idea what a one-party system would be like. Having choices is what makes the United States the best country in the world, although, it is starting to change in all the wrong ways.

So, you propose a one-party system, yea that's real democracy...We are going down a terrible path when people disagree with one party, they think that opposing party is bad and should disappear. You have no idea what a one-party system would be like. Having choices is what makes the United States the best country in the world, although, it is starting to change in all the wrong ways.
This isn't an issue of parties. We've got a group of people saying fundamental human rights should be revisited. Rights aren't up for debate, they're not a political chip to be bargained with. That is precisely why this country is a republic and not a democracy. Rights are fundamental, and we have a court that was intentionally stacked with partisan representatives that were carefully curated by an organization that seeks to undo 200 years of precedents in order to take many of our rights away. Look no further than the partisan nonsense that stole a judicial nomination, and the outright perjury committed during confirmation hearings during which it was stated by multiple justices that Roe was settled law.

The idea that because I think people's fundamental human rights should be respected means that I want a one-party system is ridiculous. I want two parties that respect human rights and argue about everything else.

Reactions: 2 users
This isn't an issue of parties. We've got a group of people saying fundamental human rights should be revisited. Rights aren't up for debate, they're not a political chip to be bargained with. That is precisely why this country is a republic and not a democracy. Rights are fundamental, and we have a court that was intentionally stacked with partisan representatives that were carefully curated by an organization that seeks to undo 200 years of precedents in order to take many of our rights away. Look no further than the partisan nonsense that stole a judicial nomination, and the outright perjury committed during confirmation hearings during which it was stated by multiple justices that Roe was settled law.

The idea that because I think people's fundamental human rights should be respected means that I want a one-party system is ridiculous. I want two parties that respect human rights and argue about everything else.
Have you actually read the SC ruling, just curious?

It is clear through your posts that you despise conservative views to a point that you are now accusing one side of being on a mission to take away our rights, yea, you are not bias though, "partisan nonsense, stole a judicial nomination"...................

I will say however, you have a right to feel whatever way you want, just don't twist the facts to fit your narrative, which typically occurs today.

Last edited:
This isn't an issue of parties. We've got a group of people saying fundamental human rights should be revisited. Rights aren't up for debate, they're not a political chip to be bargained with. That is precisely why this country is a republic and not a democracy. Rights are fundamental,
The rights in the Bill of Rights are fundamental and should not be revisited, except by the difficult step of constitutional amendment. Those who want to limit the right to bear arms should amend the constitution

Have you actually read the SC ruling, just curious?

It is clear through your posts that you despise conservative views to a point that you are now accusing one side of being on a mission to take away our rights, yea, you are not bias though, "partisan nonsense, stole a judicial nomination"...................

I will say however, you have a right to feel whatever way you want, just don't twist the facts to fit your narrative, which typically occurs today.
Did you read Clarence Thomas' opinion? That is what I'm discussing, he outright said the quiet part out loud. What is posted a few lines ago was a direct quote from his official opinion on the ruling.

The rights in the Bill of Rights are fundamental and should not be revisited, except by the difficult step of constitutional amendment. Those who want to limit the right to bear arms should amend the constitution
I'm all about gun rights and those were never a part of the conversation?

I support it as long as it doesn't get violent. If hard to replace people leave these states with the strictest abortion laws I think they would have to change it.
Creating a sense of disaffection is a core Republican strategy, it would literally only play into their narrative while also strengthening their hold on the votes within the state. If liberals want to save this country, they need to move to Texas in droves

Did you read Clarence Thomas' opinion? That is what I'm discussing, he outright said the quiet part out loud. What is posted a few lines ago was a direct quote from his official opinion on the ruling.
Stay on track here, Roe v Wade..........

Creating a sense of disaffection is a core Republican strategy, it would literally only play into their narrative while also strengthening their hold on the votes within the state. If liberals want to save this country, they need to move to Texas in droves
The country needs saving by liberals.....do you mean the same liberals like the former DA in Sn Fran or the one in LA that are allowing violent criminals to remain out and continue to do more harm. As a matter of fact, the left policies are hurting the very same people they are claiming to help. Go to your inner cities and find out how they feel.

So, I'll ask you, are you sure you want our country to be filled with liberal polices?

BTW, not looking for a political fight here, just want you to understand that when you start throwing around that republicans are basically no good, you broadly paint a picture that everyone who is either republican or associates with their conservative values are bad. I got news for you, I'm a middle of the road individual that will side with either party if the policy is good. I have no problems voting democrat or republican, again, if they are about promoting good policy, have decent values and serve the people that elected them...Can you say the same, doesn't sound it from your posts.

Last edited:
Stay on track here, Roe v Wade..........
You clearly do not understand what Roe v Wade was based on from a legal perspective. The other cases brought up by Thomas were directly based upon the same precedents made by Roe. This is therefore about the dominoes that fall directly because of Roe

The country needs saving by liberals.....do you mean the same liberals like the former DA in Sn Fran or the one in LA that are allowing violent criminals to remain out and continue to do more harm. As a matter of fact, the left policies are hurting the very same people they are claiming to help. Go to your inner cities and find out how they feel.

So, I'll ask you, are you sure you want our country to be filled with liberal polices?

BTW, not looking for a political fight here, just want you to understand that when you start throwing around that republicans are basically no good, you broadly paint a picture that everyone who is either republican or associates with their conservative values are bad. I got news for you, I'm a middle of the road individual that will side with either party if the policy is good. I have no problems voting democrat or republican, again, if they are about promoting good policy, have decent values and serve the people that elected them...Can you say the same, doesn't sound it from your posts.
Republicans need to evolve and the only thing that will cause that is being unable to win elections without change. There is no middle ground on human rights.

• Okay...
You clearly do not understand what Roe v Wade was based on from a legal perspective. The other cases brought up by Thomas were directly based upon the same precedents made by Roe. This is therefore about the dominoes that fall directly because of Roe
You're comical, you have no idea what I do or don't understand. No more discussing with you, since you are now resorting to negative comments and inferring that I don't understand....more intolerance, but you know that. Hopefully, if you treat patients, you are more willing to accept opposing views.

Republicans need to evolve and the only thing that will cause that is being unable to win elections without change. There is no middle ground on human rights.
Liberals don't? You are too funny. You are probably the same person that believes it's ok to have an abortion during a full term delivery.

• Okay...
I’m confused about what state laws say concerning abortion for ectopic pregnancies or for cases where the pregnancy could threaten the mother’s life. I haven’t seen or heard an argument anywhere from the pro-life crowd that abortion in such a case would not be warranted, but it seems like some of these state trigger laws don’t mention it at all. But inevitably when a doc aborts a fetus to save the mother’s life, what will their legal defense be if there’s no clear legal established precedent? Of course I could be completely wrong about that

You're comical, you have no idea what I do or don't understand. No more discussing with you, since you are now resorting to negative comments and inferring that I don't understand....more intolerance, but you know that. Hopefully, if you treat patients, you are more willing to accept opposing views.
I'm not being insulting, I'm stating facts. Either you do understand the reason Roe was relevant to the cases mentioned and are wilfully ignoring the significance it has on undoing precedents or you do not understand it. Either way you either refuse to or cannot meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

• Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
I’m confused about what state laws say concerning abortion for ectopic pregnancies or for cases where the pregnancy could threaten the mother’s life. I haven’t seen or heard an argument anywhere from the pro-life crowd that abortion in such a case would not be warranted, but it seems like some of these state trigger laws don’t mention it at all. But inevitably when a doc aborts a fetus to save the mother’s life, what will their legal defense be if there’s no clear legal established precedent? Of course I could be completely wrong about that

Politicians make laws. They are, quite frankly, ignorant when it comes to medicine and write laws having no idea what they are actually talking about, as was the case with the state senator that insisted ectopic pregnancies could just be re-implanted elsewhere. These people don't know how placentas function, they don't know what a molar pregnancy is, they have no concept of the complexity and often impossibility of performing many procedures in-utero. Having the strictest ban is now going to be the stance that shows you're the Best Republican, and it's going to kill people, mark my words. Just as I called Trump's election almost a year prior, just as I called Roe falling, just as I'm calling a soon-to-pass loss of LGBT rights, I'm calling blood on the hands of these legislatures out of ignorance of what constitutes a viable pregnancy and what constitutes a risk of harm or death to the mother

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Politicians make laws. They are, quite frankly, ignorant when it comes to medicine and write laws having no idea what they are actually talking about, as was the case with the state senator that insisted ectopic pregnancies could just be re-implanted elsewhere. These people don't know how placentas function, they don't know what a molar pregnancy is, they have no concept of the complexity and often impossibility of performing many procedures in-utero. Having the strictest ban is now going to be the stance that shows you're the Best Republican, and it's going to kill people, mark my words. Just as I called Trump's election almost a year prior, just as I called Roe falling, just as I'm calling a soon-to-pass loss of LGBT rights, I'm calling blood on the hands of these legislatures out of ignorance of what constitutes a viable pregnancy and what constitutes a risk of harm or death to the mother
My thing is in these states that permit abortions if the life of the mother is threatened, where is that line going to be? If you have a patient with an ectopic pregnancy can you just terminate it? I have a feeling these lawmakers want you to wait until the patient starts circling the drain before you can intervene. This is going to cause alot of dead women and angry family members. What's going to happen if medical staff start getting offed because people's wives and daughters are dying unnecessarily?

Reactions: 3 users
My thing is in these states that permit abortions if the life of the mother is threatened, where is that line going to be? If you have a patient with an ectopic pregnancy can you just terminate it? I have a feeling these lawmakers want you to wait until the patient starts circling the drain before you can intervene. This is going to cause alot of dead women and angry family members. What's going to happen if medical staff start getting offed because people's wives and daughters are dying unnecessarily?
It puts you in an ethically impossible position. Very likely will result in OB/Gyns leaving the states for fear of being prosecuted if a patient isn't dying enough before they intervene

It puts you in an ethically impossible position. Very likely will result in OB/Gyns leaving the states for fear of being prosecuted if a patient isn't dying enough before they intervene
More specialties will be effected by this. Surgeons will be less likely to operate on pregnant women if they can be charged with murder if the baby dies from the surgery. I wonder if failing to diagnose or properly treat someone and the baby dying could end in a manslaughter charge? If so that's the entire nonsurgical field of medicine at risk.

I haven’t either which is why it’s so confusing that it’s a main talking point of the pro-abortion crowd.I keep asking because I can’t find any evidence of abortion for ectopic pregnancy/miscarriage/endangered patients not being allowed by the states that are anti-abortion. When I ask for the evidence pro-abortion proponents don’t seem to have that evidence either. What I have seen are states have laws allowing for that in terms of ectopic pregnancy/miscarriage/endangered mothers life or just simply not addressing it. To me not having a law specifically addressing the life of a mother being endangered wouldn’t prevent a physician from performing those in medically necessary cases. I don’t see a doctors certification getting pulled for providing life saving measures for a situation that would end with the mothers death. That’s something that can be brought to courts and defended to set precedence as well if it even comes to that. It seems like more emotionalism to make the roevwade decision appear worse than it actually is with a bunch of “what if’s” rather than actual facts of the situation. I think the real issue is that pro-abortion people simply want abortion on demand and are trying to use a talking point that’s simply not supported at this time to try and shift focus from what’s actually being banned here, which is abortion on demand and not medical emergency related abortion.

Regardless of what side you are on with respect to the recent SC decision, the posters here are really amping up the fear mongering, wow.....doctors are fleeing certain states, medical staff may get "offed" if "peoples' wives and daughters are dying unnecessarily', manslaughter charges, etc, etc.

I mean argue for or against, discuss prior data before roe V. Wade and make an argument, but don't start scaring medical students who monitor this site with the crazy rhetoric.

Well, it will be more dangerous for women to live in about half the states, and it will be dangerous to practice obstetrics in those states. There are bills banning abortion in the case of ectopic pregnancy in the pipeline and are punishable by imprisonment. Basically, women with means will be flying to coastal cities for abortions and everyone else is out of luck. Overall this will have a negative impact on maternal mortality and will increase the poverty rate in red states.

This is click bait. Cite one law that will prevent treatment of an ectopic pregnancy. The comment about increasing the poverty rate in red states is racist.

IUD and plan B bans will no doubt follow. The level to which we are going back with regard to reproductive health will be horrifying, and Roe is but the start
You are quite unhinged. Repeal of Roe does not outlaw or ban abortion. It lets states decide. Horrifying? A bit melodramatic are we?

• Love
You are quite unhinged. Repeal of Roe does not outlaw or ban abortion. It lets states decide. Horrifying? A bit melodramatic are we?
Your inability to understand context is startling. And yes, I find the idea that states will limit reproductive rights, which are human rights, to be horrifying

The lack of exception in many states for patients with fetuses that have incompatible with life anomalies is abhorrent.

We chose to have an abortion because our baby was diagnosed with a severe skeletal dysplasia on the 21 week ultrasound. She had a severely small rib cage and lungs and would have been unable to breathe if carried to term. Should my wife have been forced to carry the baby to term and deliver the baby just to watch her suffocate to death?

Reactions: 4 users
The lack of exception in many states for patients with fetuses that have incompatible with life anomalies is abhorrent.

We chose to have an abortion because our baby was diagnosed with a severe skeletal dysplasia on the 21 week ultrasound. She had a severely small rib cage and lungs and would have been unable to breathe if carried to term. Should my wife have been forced to carry the baby to term and deliver the baby just to watch her suffocate to death?
Yeah according to pro lifers because Miracles happen.

Your inability to understand context is startling. And yes, I find the idea that states will limit reproductive rights, which are human rights, to be horrifying
Listen, stop with the psychoanalyzing people on the forum because they disagree with you. Save it for your patients....It sounds like it is you who has an inability to understand and although I wouldn't jump to unhinged, you're getting close.

Listen, stop with the psychoanalyzing people on the forum because they disagree with you. Save it for your patients....It sounds like it is you who has an inability to understand and although I wouldn't jump to unhinged, you're getting close.
There were legitimately people that would use the "unhinged" argument when people would advocate for the human rights of enslaved persons in in the 18th and 19th centuries. It's a classic means of attempting to control a narrative by implying the individual on the other side of the table are hysterical because of their ridiculous beliefs that people should have rights and that being angry to any degree that people's rights are being violated is a sign of this hysteria. Good for you both, perpetuating a long and proud conservative tradition of gaslighting anyone that has a problem with people that believe others have human rights.

This is click bait. Cite one law that will prevent treatment of an ectopic pregnancy. The comment about increasing the poverty rate in red states is racist.
No, just the facts. White people can be poor as well, so I’m not sure why you would interpret the comment as racist? People have a large misconception of who actually has abortions in the United States. The popular conception is that young high schoolers get abortions to avoid pregnancy prior to furthering their education. This makes up something like 3% of abortions. The vast majority of abortions are done on women who already have children and are single parents. Generally speaking, these women can’t afford to have another child and don’t have a support network for childcare. They are on the edge of falling into poverty. Poverty is a vicious cycle that leads to a population that can’t escape it. This is a systemic problem that does have an effect on women of color more so than white women, but that isn’t really why the poverty rate will increase. The color of the skin doesn’t change the calculus. Children are expensive and for a single parent just barely over the poverty line, the extra $12,000 a year to raise another kid can easily knock them into a dangerous zone. Children who grow up in poverty are more likely to experience childhood trauma (ACE Score increases). The higher a child’s ACE score, the less likely they are to go onto escape the cycle of poverty.

The laws to ban abortion for medical reasons are already being written in Missouri. The laws to ban IUD’s and IVF are being written in Idaho and Louisiana. This is the new normal. Women will die for no reason all because some people think the government should be in control of medical decision making. The argument that this gives the decision making back to the state from the federal government is disingenuous. The federal government gave the right to the individual and took the decision making away from the government. This is the government getting more powerful and taking the right away from individuals. The state shouldn’t get to decide who can and can’t reproduce.

Last edited: