ROHub heating up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree wholeheartedly. Let's be honest a PAC is nothing more than legalized bribery. We are trying to funnel funds to members of congress in exchange for favorable legislation for our specialty. It should be non-partisan and non-denominational.

Medgator does raise a good point however regarding the outcry from ASTRO members. However, I would respond that true leaders do what they believe is right for the organization despite objections from the rank and file.
It appears the outcry is over how some members of Congress voted... on something wholly unrelated to ASTRO or cancer or even medicine. Perhaps the voting led to consequences (insurrection); ASTRO's saying it did with this choice to "defund" certain members. Being "anti-vaxx curious" or taking tobacco money would be more "outrageous" to rad oncs I would think? These congressional staffing offices will remember (not in a good way) ASTRO and radiation oncology when the time comes. But congrats ASTRO. You must stand for what's right. Dan Longo always said rad oncs were experts at pyrrhic victories.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
. However, I would respond that true leaders do what they believe is right for the organization despite objections from the rank and file.
Considering the last 4 years gave us Azar's APM and weak sauce when it came to dealing with big pharma/systemic therapy pricing, i would run in the other direction as far as possible

Reactions: 1 users
I put almost all the incitement on Trump. Those were "his" people. They didn't care about the Congress people. Hell, they wanted to hang Pence. Certainly Hawley and Cruz should be cut off. There's a handful of fringe house members. But I think most people were voting the way they did, not in an effort to incite an insurrection, but just to be on record that they are a good little Republican for their home district. The wisdom of doing so even AFTER the insurrection happened is certainly debateable. Almost all votes in congress are per party line nowadays. This was just another (really, really) stupid one.
I also put it on the heiress of Publix, who funded the infamous rally. The sleazy governor (DeSantis) has also mandated that COVID vaccines are only to become available in Publix pharmacies. That's not shady at all.......see a pattern here? I refuse to go to a Publix ever again #BoycottPublix

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
I believe this thread has run its course given the decisions of ASTRO-PAC with the random political stuff in here. Let's not turn into the Anesthesiology forum.

Closing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Agree thread ran its course.

I don't go to ROHub any longer, it is a run by communist old white men at the top of ASTRO.
They treat board-certified radonc's like little kids, it is insulting.
I don't post anything there but what I see is insulting.

I believe in Freedom of Speeches.
Unless it is outrageous, they should leave the posts alone and let others chime in to make the discussion(s) meaningful, however you see it.
If one is stupid, that is fine, let others judge that person, no need to moderate (unless it is outrageous).
The only way to advance a society is through dialogue, at ROHub, you see mostly monologue.

If you look at reddit, twitter or car/house/plumbing forums etc, it is free speeches.
Moderators only step in ONLY under extreme conditions.

• Haha
Thought evil closed the thread... Guess not.

Anyways, some hurt feelings at the hub lately. They may censor young BC rad oncs calling out cronyism in the specialty but they'll let the MAGA tears flow freely it seems.

Will be interesting to see how bad the cancel culture hits ASTRO this coming year.... ASTRO PAC continues its streak of just knocking it out of the park!

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20210205-092756_Gmail.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20210205-092756_Gmail.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20210205-092813_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210205-092813_Gmail.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
I, for one, welcome my new APM overlords.
Thought evil closed the thread... Guess not.

Anyways, some hurt feelings at the hub lately. They may censor young BC rad oncs calling out cronyism in the specialty but they'll let the MAGA tears flow freely it seems.

Will be interesting to see how bad the cancel culture hits ASTRO this coming year.... ASTRO PAC continues its streak of just knocking it out of the park!
@evilbooyaa moderator please keep this thread open so we can see these quotes. Many of us don’t have access to ROhubs (and for sure I won’t join it now). I understand the need to moderate the off track political stuff, but I think many of the posts here are valuable. It’s basically like the “Rad Onc Twitter” thread ‘cept for ROhubs. I want to be in the know!

• Haha
@evilbooyaa moderator please keep this thread open so we can see these quotes. Many of us don’t have access to ROhubs (and for sure I won’t join it now). I understand the need to moderate the off track political stuff, but I think many of the posts here are valuable. It’s basically like the “Rad Onc Twitter” thread ‘cept for ROhubs. I want to be in the know!

No. Politics discussion by ROs not in the scope of this forum. Let's try locking one more time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.