ROL Neurosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one, or is this match "waiting game" getting to my fellow SDN'ers as well? I actually find myself logging into the NRMP website every now and then to make sure that my green "certified ROL", is still in tact as I left it last on the 2/24/10 deadline. I know it's not rationale, but I think having to wait 3 weeks for a resolution to a pivotal point in your career is overkill. Please tell me that I am not the only one who has taken a 'peek" at their ROL since the 24th?

Members don't see this ad.

i did it once or twice just to make sure too

I must confess I've done it too. What is wrong with us!?

Guilty as well...I've also checked for the green certified... multiple times :)

Ive looked at mine several times....This has been the longest three weeks of my life....

Guilty as well...I've also checked for the green certified... multiple times :)

In addition to the green "certified ROL" still being there, I am correct that the Primary Rank List consists of Advanced and Categorical Programs, and the Supplemental Lists consist of Transitional and Preliminary 1 year programs( internship year) that are attached to the advanced programs on the Primary Rank List? Correct?

Correct. Although it should be noted that those preliminary and transitional programs can also go on your main list - for example, to give you a last-ditch option of matching only to a one-year program and avoiding the scramble.

Correct. Although it should be noted that those preliminary and transitional programs can also go on your main list - for example, to give you a last-ditch option of matching only to a one-year program and avoiding the scramble.

Thanks Rogue, for confirming for me without any ridicule. We all are waiting eagerly for the 15th to arrive already so we can finally take a long sigh of relief!

Ditto... I think we all need to relax, the vast majority of us are going to match. The burning question is where?

Do you think that the NRMP has already "sealed our fate" and that they have already run the final list for Match 2010, or do you think it is actually created on Monday? I know these details are basicly irrelevant. I just wanted to know if it was too late to shoot the "Big Guy Upstairs" a few more final prayers!

Do you think that the NRMP has already "sealed our fate" and that they have already run the final list for Match 2010, or do you think it is actually created on Monday? I know these details are basicly irrelevant. I just wanted to know if it was too late to shoot the "Big Guy Upstairs" a few more final prayers!

Our fates are sealed...

i'm pretty sure they run the algorithm the day after the list is submitted. much of wait can be accounted for by humanizing the match and checking for any infidelities that the system might have made...

i'm pretty sure they run the algorithm the day after the list is submitted. much of wait can be accounted for by humanizing the match and checking for any infidelities that the system might have made...

Do you mean that the alogorithm was run right after the 2/24/10 deadline?

Do you mean that the alogorithm was run right after the 2/24/10 deadline?

But, how about those in the Canadian match (results March 8th) who are removed from the NRMP Match?

But, how about those in the Canadian match (results March 8th) who are removed from the NRMP Match?
Ooo.... this is a real good point. It pretty much dispells all the rumors about the algorithm being run right after deadlines. I didn't even think of the canadian match.....:idea: