Rolling Admissions Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treetop02

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
THis is regarding rolling admissions schools. If there is a list of interview dates over a span of 1 month. Do I have an advantage over others if I choose the earliest interview date? Or does rolling admissions only apply to getting an interview if you apply early? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The earlier you interview the better. They will have more seats available early on and will be somewhat less selective compared to the last seat of the class.

how about a span of 1 week? Do you think it would matter? Wouldn't they group the whole week interviews together when the adcom meets together?

Members don't see this ad :)
how about a span of 1 week? Do you think it would matter? Wouldn't they group the whole week interviews together when the adcom meets together?
It shouldn't matter if it is one week. They will probably group the month's interviews together and make a decision. I know one of my state's schools does it like that. I know that a different school makes decisions every week. So it depends.

mercer meets after every 3 or so interviews. For example, i went in november, but i think if i went in december, it wouldn't make a diff.

When they DO accept you at the interview - what if you don't maintain a good GPA afterwards?? What is the expeced GPA to maintain?

And does the interview requests decided with marks?? do they look at marks AFTER the interview??? what if u WERe accepted at the interview? what if u do poorly after?

could someone please reply? thanks.

When they DO accept you at the interview - what if you don't maintain a good GPA afterwards?? What is the expeced GPA to maintain?

And does the interview requests decided with marks?? do they look at marks AFTER the interview??? what if u WERe accepted at the interview? what if u do poorly after?

I was accepted at UK. I applied for Early Decision and wasn't selected. However, a few weeks after the Early Decision period was over, I was invited to the first round of regular interviews and made it. You are expected to maintain a good GPA.... by good I mean don't get anything less than a C. We were told at the interview that if you get a D in a class, you must call the school and inform them. It could cost you your spot in certain circumstances. So my thought process is to see how well I can do for the rest of the year.

During your interview they make notes. I couldn't tell you what they write on them because I didn't see but I'm sure they give you a numbered score. I'm not aware of any school that will tell you the moment you finish your interview whether or not you are accepted. An Admissions Committee gets together at some point after, goes through all the applicants that were interviewed, goes over the scores and decides who gets in and who is rolled back into the next round of interviews.

Every school is slightly different. So to answer your questions:
1. Interviews mean nothing in and of themselves. They are simply required for admissions. If you don't have one you can't be accepted.

2. Once ACCEPTED, you are conditionally accepted if you are still going through school. You are expected to simply meet the requirements (including GPA) of the pharmacy school in question.

3. The interview is offered primarily on a brief review of your application. This includes your GPA, pre-requisite completion status, and scope of ECs.

4. The pharmacy school will evaluate your application in-depth including the interviewer notes of yourself. So yes, they will be looking at your grades very closely this time, if not before.

5. Chances are you will not be accepted at your interview, but afterwards should you be accepted then you don't have to "impress" anymore. You are expected to meet the minimal requirements.