Roommate wanted for Cambridge, MA apt!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

decay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I broke up and she has decided to move out :( So, I have this incredible apartment that I would like to stay in, but I need to find a roommate who is a grad student of some kind in the Boston area.

I am a 27 year old male who will be starting at Tufts Dental in September. I will be talking to the housing coordinator there about this also. The building I live in is called Worthington Place and the website is www.worthingtonapt.com My particular unit is a "walk up" loft with a 30' ceiling, there is a picture of it on the website. The location is awsome, its very close to the Kendall red line T stop, and you could walk easily to Tufts or MIT. I will say that it is not cheap, but in my opinion it is worth it. Do some looking around and then check out my place and you will be very impressed. Please PM me with any questions, and I will give you my phone number. Thanks!

Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot something very important. The possible move in dates are July 1, or later. Technically, Jen is on the lease until August 31, but she would like to be out by July 1. After that it is very flexible as to a move in date, but I would like to pay double rent for as little time as possible. Thanks!

Hey. My younger step sister is looking to move up to Boston and I was wondering (if you do not mind sharing) how much rent is at your complex. She is having a really hard time finding nice apartments that she likes.

Thanks!!

decay said:
I forgot something very important. The possible move in dates are July 1, or later. Technically, Jen is on the lease until August 31, but she would like to be out by July 1. After that it is very flexible as to a move in date, but I would like to pay double rent for as little time as possible. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats definitely a nice place...its too much of a commute for me (going to BUMC).

In any case, solid place :thumbup:

Whats the rent?

The rent is 2250 a month for the whole thing including 1 parking space, oil heat and free wireless internet. We also pay an additional 100 for an extra parking space. The apartment is worth every penny. I have lived in and around Boston for 6 years now, and this is the best place I have found. And Rezdawg, its not a long commute to BU medical. It would maybe take a half hour tops using public transportation, and the neigborhood/ apartment size and quality are well worth the small sacrifice in time, I promise. I am cool with a girl roommate, but there is only one bathroom in this particular apartment, and I am dead set on a grad student of some kind. Proffessionals are cool, but they don't study at night time, they party, and I have a hard time ignoring that in my own space.

decay said:
ummhhh, so does Jen want a roommate?! ;)

Actually, Jen is going to live by herself, but thanks for reminding me of that situation :(

I am definitely not ok with all this yet, please be sympathetic, thanks.

decay said:
Actually, Jen is going to live by herself, but thanks for reminding me of that situation :(

I am definitely not ok with all this yet, please be sympathetic, thanks.
I'm sorry man! Give me a second to take my foot out of my mouth and my head out of my @ss! :(
Dude, wait till you start dental school! being single maybe the best thing that had happened to you! The female in your class are looking to hook up. The female from other classes are also in the same boat. Hygienists are looking to hook up. Go to a dental frat party, damn, everyone would want to hook up with you (well, granted that you're half decent looking, some personality!)
Why, you asked? You have Potential my man! (whatever that means!) Oh yeah, you also have Goals and Directions in your life!!!(uhh, yeah!) oh, and a good head on the shoulders (I got confused by this statement sometimes, mistaken it for other thing! :D ).... or so I heard from the ladies! ;)

Cheer up bro! Time will heal all wounds! and then she'll tear you a new one...until you've found someone...a bit gentler!!! :D

ajmacgregor said:
Have you posted on Craigslist?

http://boston.craigslist.org

Not just yet, I have some time (3 months), so I figured I would try this forum first, then the Tufts housing coordinator, then Craig's list. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Inn2-

Thanks for the encouragement! I am not usually this down, and normally I would have laughed at that post. Time will definitely help, good luck "hooking up"!!

decay said:
Inn2-
Thanks for the encouragement! I am not usually this down, and normally I would have laughed at that post. Time will definitely help, good luck "hooking up"!!
When you're down, you're waaay down! It's a bottomless pit! :) I know exactly what you're talking about! I feel your pain brother! Believe it or not, I was in the exact same situation as yours when I started dental school. Just don't keep any skeleton in the closet because it'll come out at night! :D

lnn2 said:
Just don't keep any skeleton in the closet because it'll come out at night! :D

hehe.. cute