ros frank v georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just curious what peoples opinions were concerning the two and if you had the choice of both which would you choose and why?

Members don't see this ad.

you can't really compare the programs straight up. you have to consider how competetive an applicant you are now, even without the program.

with rosalind franklin, its much closer to a sure thing, no matter what, if you maintain a 3.0, you'll most likely get in, but your choice will be limited to that school.

with georgetown, depending on how strong the rest of your application is, and how you're doing in the program, you could have many more choices.

so you have to consider it individually. somebody with very mediocre stats and a not so great mcat would probably be better served going to rosalind franklin, but if you're already a borderline applicant now and are just shy of being competetive, with a decent mcat score, then georgetown could give you more choices.

it really just depends on where you are with your app and what you're looking for.

jeravi said:
i was just curious what peoples opinions were concerning the two and if you had the choice of both which would you choose and why?

I just got my acceptance to Rosalind Franklin's program yesterday, and I was accepted to Georgetown's program a while back (since I applied earlier to that one), so I do have my choice of the two. I am going with Georgetown because it is the original program of this type (30 years now) and it has the best reputation with other schools, not to mention you get an M.S. degree from Georgetown (which people in general have heard of versus Rosalind Franklin). I believe that Georgetown's program will be quite a bit more challenging, but more rewarding too. From talking to the SMP directors and the dean of Rosalind Franklin's medical school (she, naturally, recommended Rosalind Franklin's program), it seems that Georgetown offers much more support to their students in the application process. That being said, if you do well, Rosalind Franklin is much more of a sure thing, but only to their medical school and it costs more too.