Rosalind Franklin ADCOM meeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RenalDoc13

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Anyone interview early January hear back yet? I remember them saying something about not meeting until late Feb. but I hope they meet before that!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, late Feb is the next meeting.

I don't know. I called admissions yesterday. I was told that there would be a review today for determining who is going to get interviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know if the remaining interviews are for waitlist spots? i have one in late feb, but remember reading somewhere that class is filled in jan?

I don't know. I called admissions yesterday. I was told that there would be a review today for determining who is going to get interviewed.

So we should get an email tomorrow if we were granted an interview?

i doubt the class is full. RF earliest acceptances was Dec. So that would mean they accepted everyone in Dec and Jan for a whole class.

My interview is in mid March. So, I want to find out whether the class is full by then or not

My interview is in mid March. So, I want to find out whether the class is full by then or not

They said that the big adcom meeting is the first week of February and they will be accepting about 100 people. This will not fill the class all the way. They also said by the end of March they need to have a full class. Hope that helps

They said that the big adcom meeting is the first week of February and they will be accepting about 100 people. This will not fill the class all the way. They also said by the end of March they need to have a full class. Hope that helps

Yikes I have an interview there on Jan. 30, I really hope that group of interviews makes it into the Feb. meeting. Waiting till the end of March would be excruciating!

when did you get the interview invite and when were you complete just out of curiosity?

so...

summing up the posts above, there're adcom meetings first week of feb, late feb, and late march...

where did u guys get this info...?

Hey guys, so it it early Feb????? or LATE Feb????

any canadian dudes accepted yet?

I also heard first week in February on interview day. They said that all of the schools need their classes "filled" by March (15th I think?), and so RFU will be nearly filling their class in this February meeting. However, "filled" just means having given out a number of acceptances equal to that of their class size. They're obviously going to have people turn them down so that this number is meaningless and you won't be necessarily interviewing for a waitlist position because they give out more acceptances than spots.

Oh and even if it is first week of Feb, they respond snail mail and it takes them a few days to send it out, so chances are responses won't arrive till mid Feb anyways...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing on Feb 22, when is the "late" Feb adcom meeting? Will I have to wait to be reviewed in March?

So the RFU adcom is meeting this week to dole out some acceptances, anyone get any news good or bad yet. I know they send out acceptances/rejections via snail mail but I think they also mentioned being able to call about status this week.

So the RFU adcom is meeting this week to dole out some acceptances, anyone get any news good or bad yet. I know they send out acceptances/rejections via snail mail but I think they also mentioned being able to call about status this week.

fyi, they already had their meeting...

u WILL get ur acceptance via snail mail if u've been accepted, but u won't be getting ur rejection letter if they didn't like u (at least not anytime soon)...

no one is rejected at RFU after interview until after the orientations...

so basically, if u are not accepted this time around after interview, u will be on waitlist to be reviewed again (and again) until july/august...

but hopefully u will get in right away, or ASAP before summer rolls around...

iwannagomed has it right...

as student member of the so called "ADCOM," I can confirm that we met last week and those candidates that were selected for acceptance will be contacted this week via snail mail or possibly by email from an interviewer (some of us do this, but it's not universal). If you were not selected for admission, just as those not selected at previous meetings, you're application is put "on hold" until the next meeting. Congratulations to those who have been accepted thus far... and for those of you who have not yet heard, don't give up hope! You are certainly a very driven, focused, diverse, and intelligent class of candidates!

Thanks for the update guys, I'm really hoping for a piece of mail in the next couple of days here. If anyone gets one be sure to let us all know!

iwannagomed has it right...

as student member of the so called "ADCOM," I can confirm that we met last week and those candidates that were selected for acceptance will be contacted this week via snail mail or possibly by email from an interviewer (some of us do this, but it's not universal). If you were not selected for admission, just as those not selected at previous meetings, you're application is put "on hold" until the next meeting. Congratulations to those who have been accepted thus far... and for those of you who have not yet heard, don't give up hope! You are certainly a very driven, focused, diverse, and intelligent class of candidates!

How about those who have not heard anything ? Do adcoms discuss about them?

I just called, the lady at admissions will be updating me later today! :)

eh, i just called asking for a status update (this is pre-interview), and was told the same thing.
just waiting for that email...

Pre or post interview, if its post I am going to have to call, I am SOOO nervous. I really want this one bad

OK... I called and got a status update that said

"The admissions decisions will not be made or sent out until the middle of next week. If you do not receive anything in the mail within the next couple of weeks, it means that your file has been put on hold until the next committee meeting. It will be re-reviewed at that time. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Middle of NEXT week?? Is this an old email sent out or is this serious... I read above saying the adcom had already met (and decided... gasp) Anybody else get an update??

OK... I called and got a status update that said

"The admissions decisions will not be made or sent out until the middle of next week. If you do not receive anything in the mail within the next couple of weeks, it means that your file has been put on hold until the next committee meeting. It will be re-reviewed at that time. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Middle of NEXT week?? Is this an old email sent out or is this serious... I read above saying the adcom had already met (and decided... gasp) Anybody else get an update??

i think middle of next week means this week....I bet someone here close to chicago will get an acceptance via snail mail by tomorrow or friday. hopefully they post here...

Yeah.... well hopefully someone posts.... good luck to everyone.... :) You're all awesome!!!

I tried calling this afternoon but only got a recording, it was towards the end of the day so they may have taken off early, I'll try again in the morn and post if i get any news

Just got emailed back...no good news for me :-(.

did they just give you a status check? **** about primary screen etc?

I had interviewed in October and I am still waiting to hear anything positive.

I had interviewed in October and I am still waiting to hear anything positive.

just for ur info... (hopefully to be taken as an encouragement...)

after interview, u will be reviewed at each adcom meeting until after orientations (july/august)...

according to US NEWS, the chances of acceptance AFTER interview is VERY high (98% in-state, 79% out-of-state)...

be positive~ ^^

just for ur info... (hopefully to be taken as an encouragement...)

after interview, u will be reviewed at each adcom meeting until after orientations (july/august)...

according to US NEWS, the chances of acceptance AFTER interview is VERY high (98% in-state, 79% out-of-state)...

be positive~ ^^

bump...any news???

Called today, got an email this afternoon that just says we will get a letter next week if accepted. At my interview last week they said we would find out this week so its gonna make the wait even tougher since my mind was set on this week, but I can't really complain that would only be 2 weeks post-interview for me..not bad at all.

Waiting for an answer from Med schools is kind of like having an itch in the smalll of your back which you just cannot reach.

YEAH! Got my letter of acceptance today!!!! Interviewed Jan 30th! Thin envelope. Letter was dated Feb. 7.

Good Luck to everyone else!!!!

YEAH!!!!!! Im SOOO excited!!!

YEAH! Got my letter of acceptance today!!!! Interviewed Jan 30th! Thin envelope. Letter was dated Feb. 7.

Good Luck to everyone else!!!!

YEAH!!!!!! Im SOOO excited!!!

NICe!!! I iinterviewed early jan and am really hoping to get in...anyone else receive anything????

Got the Acceptance in the mail today!!! SOOO pumped! Interviewed on Jan 30.

I just called to get a status update. Please don't send me the same thing again!!!!
The last two times I got:
"Your application has neither been accepted nor rejected and will be reivewed at the next committee meeting.."

I just called to get a status update. Please don't send me the same thing again!!!!

"Your application has neither been accepted nor rejected and will be reivewed at the next committee meeting.."

Yeah, we will be reviewed over and over and over. Next meeting is mid-March. Personally, I am taking this as a rejection. I have a feeling it comes down to numbers after this and I am an average applicant. Another god damn year of applying.

For the ppl who got in, where was the letter mailed to? Are you in Illinois or...?

Yeah, we will be reviewed over and over and over. Next meeting is mid-March. Personally, I am taking this as a rejection. I have a feeling it comes down to numbers after this and I am an average applicant. Another god damn year of applying.

actually, i was told that the next meeting is end of feb...

I was told that only a small percentage of applicants are accepted at each committee meeting until the end of the interview season. I think they will be sending out a large batch of acceptances in March or April. In 2005 78% of interviewees were eventually accepted so if you interviewed, your chances for acceptance are very good :luck:

For those that were accepted, I will most likely be going to RFU so feel free to PM me if you think you'll be attending RFU as well :D

URGENT question here guys....

Ok so I have an interview at RFU March 27. Good news when I got the interview, but its sooo late. According to all the previous posts I still have a shot. I interviewed at mcw and am on waitlist (their class is full), but apparently RFU does things a bit differently and is not full yet :)

? is- Do I still have a good shot at getting in this school?

actually, i was told that the next meeting is end of feb...

I was also told this when I interviewed Feb 8th. They told us that they accepted ~50 people at the Admission Committee's meeting at the beginning of February and would accept ~25 at the meeting at the end of February. According to him, anyone who is admitted at the next meeting will find out the first week of March.

from what they said at the interview...they probably will still admit another 100 people after march 15. if your interview goes well, id say youre golden.

also, I accepted my offer to RFU. Unless I find something better, that's where I'll be going. Anybody else that's planning on going there, PM me, we can chat it up.

be positive~ ^^

Don't those numbers seem excessively big? I'm in state for RFU... I don't want to have this much confidence it seems way too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.