Rosalind Franklin ADCOM meeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well... lets keep our fingers crossed...

i guess if they have their meeting early next week...

we might even have a letter in our mailbox by the end of the week...

Members don't see this ad.

well... lets keep our fingers crossed...

i guess if they have their meeting early next week...

we might even have a letter in our mailbox by the end of the week...

I hope so, Im going to call them on my Birthday, how sweet that would be :luck:

Good luck everyone:luck:

does anyone know if they respond via email or snail?
i'll post here if and when i get anything and can you guys do the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Snail mail. But you can call them for a status check.

Snail mail. But you can call them for a status check.

Dr. V...

I am pulling for you more then you can imagine. Your perseverence to apply 4 straight times is a testament to your dedication and says a lot about you as a person. I really hope you hear good news soon!!! Good luck buddy.

Nubs

damn... i wish i had fans too... ^^

but yea...

dr van - 4th yr applying...

dr nick - 3rd yr applying...

i def respect u guys for ur persistence...

i wish we all become classmates!!!

For real, you guys are amazing... this process is a killer.

Dr. V...

I am pulling for you more then you can imagine. Your perseverence to apply 4 straight times is a testament to your dedication and says a lot about you as a person. I really hope you hear good news soon!!! Good luck buddy.

Nubs

Thanks Nubbey:D I really appreciate it. I might have you write me a LOR hehe. Anyways thanks again! And grats on PSU!!

damn... i wish i had fans too... ^^

but yea...

dr van - 4th yr applying...

dr nick - 3rd yr applying...

i def respect u guys for ur persistence...

i wish we all become classmates!!!

Hey, once you get a fanclub, you knowyou've been in the game a LOOOONG time :laugh: If we all do become classmates, I know the ins n outs of CMS, so stick around ;)

I am a fan of everyone on this thread. Keep your heads up boys and girls, we still have a lot of time left in this process. Although, I would really hate to get in the day before classes start and have to drive from CA all the way to Chicago.

I wish an ADCOM would read this thread. I am sure they would see how much we want to go to their school and admit us all.

we have a lot of time still left in the process. but the waiting is getting more painful as each day goes by. i know you guys have been waiting a lot longer than I have.
also...the turn over rate for RFU is 35-40%...so there is still a lot of spots that will open up and who knows? all of us will get those spots.

I just called, they said they are meeting early March and if a decision is made they will contact via email or snail mail.

Hopefully that means later this week:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck:luck: I hope you get some good news soon :)

I wish you guys the best of luck (especially DrvanNostran and DrNick). I am one of the older med school applicants (26) and am rooting for all the non trads! There is no doubt that you guys would make awesome classmates!

I haven't read the previous posts, but for those who are still waiting, they send the acceptance to your PERMANENT ADRESS.

I wish you guys the best of luck (especially DrvanNostran). I am one of the older med school applicants (26) and am rooting for all the non trads! There is no doubt that you guys would make awesome classmates!

I haven't read the previous posts, but for those who are still waiting, they send the acceptance to your PERMANENT ADRESS.

are you in the class of 2011?

anyone know the exact date of the upcoming adcom meeting?

I couldn't find it on the RFU calendar for this week...maybe it is unlisted.

Wish you guys the best!

Yup. Still waiting on other schools, but highly likely I will be goin to RFU.

congrats!:)

feel free to PM if you have questions

good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

anyone know the exact date of the upcoming adcom meeting?

When I called yesterday I was told the first half of March. I wish I had something a little more specific...

if they are already done interviewing? I'm trying to finish scratching of schools on my list so I can figure out what to do. Thx!

i think they are about done (if not already done) with interview invites... sorry...

I interviewed at RFU last thursday and I really have my hopes high for this school. I liked the students and fellow interviewies allot. I hope this meeting brings us some good news.

Hey jccripe... it was nice meeting you on your interview day! I wish you all the best of luck :luck:

I think they met this week, I am going to give em a call tomorrow.

I am so scared :(

Don't be scared...If you do not get in now then you will soon.

Tomorrow is Friday I believe...must be a long week for you.:D

:laugh: :laugh: I'm taking tomorrow off to come to Chicago. I guess I assumed it was a vacation day for everyone.

Research jobs are boring :sleep:

Don't be scared...If you do not get in now then you will soon.

Hehe can't help it.

tomorrow is Saturday :confused: Why do you think they met this week?

Yeah, tomorrow is Friday. When I called earlier this week, I was told they would be meeting later this week probably. So I am getting really nervous. On top of that, I have so much work this weekend that I haven't even touched :eek:

i was recently informed that they changed their meeting to next week...

although i wish they would still meet this week (tomorrow)...

if u find out anything, id greatly appreciate u letting us know here...

i was recently informed that they changed their meeting to next week...

although i wish they would still meet this week (tomorrow)...

if u find out anything, id greatly appreciate u letting us know here...

damn...i think I will call next week. I don't want to bother them every week...my chances are already slim as it is..

thanks for the update

we have a lot of time still left in the process. but the waiting is getting more painful as each day goes by. i know you guys have been waiting a lot longer than I have.
also...the turn over rate for RFU is 35-40%...so there is still a lot of spots that will open up and who knows? all of us will get those spots.

I hope this year is the highest turnover rating ever at 60%. My interview isn't until March 27. They gave it to me wayyy early Feb. so basically what they're telling me is, hey kid, you're not good enough to interview right away, so we'll interview you late and try to spank you onto our waitlist.
All this because of my brain fart during the bio of the mcat. :sleep:

I hope this year is the highest turnover rating ever at 60%. My interview isn't until March 27. They gave it to me wayyy early Feb. so basically what they're telling me is, hey kid, you're not good enough to interview right away, so we'll interview you late and try to spank you onto our waitlist.
All this because of my brain fart during the bio of the mcat. :sleep:

Hey guys...Just got back from the interview and I was really blown away by their facilities...Simply by reputation I was not expecting much but it looks like they have poured a lot of money and effort into RFU.

Also, Victor Castro, part of the admissions staff told us that they have filled 140 spots and they are hoping to have a class of 185...Meaning that there are still spots open and there probably still will be by March 27. Good luck player.

hi,
I keep reading about people going crazy trying to figure out when the adcom meeting is. I was accepted into the medical school at RFU from their SMP and people in my program were told that the next meeting is on March 9th.
Hope that helps.

thanks northchicago...

i guess about 2 more weeks of waiting for (hopefully) a good news...

also thanks pretenda...

40 spots left... hmm...

considering that there were 12 in my interview group (and assuming that they interview about 12 applicants each day)...

40 doesnt seem to be a very good number to me...

To fill the class they need to offer a lot more spots than 180. Probably more like 250 or more. So maybe over 100 left? Good luck to everyone!

thanks northchicago...

i guess about 2 more weeks of waiting for (hopefully) a good news...

also thanks pretenda...

40 spots left... hmm...

considering that there were 12 in my interview group (and assuming that they interview about 12 applicants each day)...

thanks northchicago...

40 spots left... hmm...

Everyone else can tell me if i'm wrong. But i was offered 2 dates, march 27 and 29, a Tues and Thrs.
So based on that info, and that it must be really really hard to interview everyday, I really doubt they interview more than 2-3 times/week.
Interviewing everyday would put them at 60 people/week (12x5). 240 (60x4) a month. The interview season is Sept - March lets say, take out Dec. So thats 6x240=1440. I don't know but I don't think med schools interview that many people a year to fill up 180 spots.

side note- damn med students, we're so calculated.

When I was accepted, I was able to call to find out, but that was last year, and I know they have changed how things work since then, so I assume you get a letter. Sorry, that really was not all that helpful, was it ;)

I am an Illinois resident, but the USPS has a mind and will of its very own, so you may be in California and get a letter faster than someone in Chicago! Go figure!

Good luck guys! I am a current Chicago Med student, so I have probably seem some of you wandering our halls in your suits - ahh, I remember those days! Gives me a headache just thinking about it! But, don't worry, once you get in somewhere and start school you do realize that what people say is true - that was the hard part!

Any Q's feel free to send me a message :)

Yeah, they said they can't give a decision on the phone. But they did say that around March 15th they will be sending out acceptances again, so hopefully some of us will be future North Chicagoans!

Thanks for the input Timmy:)

i dont know if this happens every week at RFU...

but i know for a fact that the week i interviewed, they had interviews at least 4 days of the week (mon, tues, wed, thurs)...

ive also heard of someone who had interviewed on a fri...

and MD/PhD interviews were held on sat...

so...

just keeping those fingers crossed...

For those of you who've interviewed, how is the traffic in Chicago? I'm heading out there this week, and I was working out some of the directions (I'm renting a car); are the I-294 and the I-90 toll roads? How much will I need to pay at each toll?

Sorry, but I figured this would be the best place to ask. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.