Rosalind Franklin (chicago) M.S. in Medical Radiation Physics ???

Started by yzf600
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yzf600

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dilema..... :scared:

I applied to RFU MS Medical Radiation Physics prgram as a backup plan to med. school., and I found out i've been accepted today. The problem is that it is a ~2year program and i'm just starting to apply to med. schools now for the 2007 class.

WTF should I do.....? I have a week to send in a deposit and intent form.

I applied without any real outside info./opinions about the program, so if anyone can give me some input that would be great.
 
well the program is a two years master...it u stick w/ that u can get a good job as a radiation phys... although i know of one or two kids that applied to med school after wards. U can work for a couple of years tto ( think they say the salary is ~120K). U should talk to anita the dept sec....and she can put u in touch with some student currently in the progtram so u can ask more specif questions. lemme know if u have any specific questions
 
i too would like to know how it works with this program. I did hear that people go on and apply to medical school after they obtain their masters and work for a bit. how did those people do it?
 
yzf600 said:
Dilema..... :scared:

I applied to RFU MS Medical Radiation Physics prgram as a backup plan to med. school., and I found out i've been accepted today. The problem is that it is a ~2year program and i'm just starting to apply to med. schools now for the 2007 class.

WTF should I do.....? I have a week to send in a deposit and intent form.

I applied without any real outside info./opinions about the program, so if anyone can give me some input that would be great.


Hey, I also looked into the Med Physics program at Duke University. My advice to you is...........If medicine is in your heart, than wait for it. Ask yourself this question. "If I complete the MS in Med Physics program, will I still want to become a Doctor" if the answer is yes, wait for it. This may be a temporary fix for the real thing. Think about it.