Rosalind Franklin Class 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wasmush

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just starting a thread to see our classmates. so hello guys

Members don't see this ad.

I'll contribute since this thread is a little lonely.. Congratulations on your acceptance.. I really liked it when I interviewed but unfortunately have neither been accepted or rejected.. It was on the top of my list though.. Is that where you are for sure going?

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you guys think of Rosalind in general? i really like the campus and how nice the administration is.:luck:

The facility is really good. I did not get to meet the medical students during interview except for the tour guides. What really attracts me to this school is the good preparation for boards, exceptional match list, and 3rd/4th year clinical rotations at downtown Chicago. I would love to hear any feedbacks about this school (negative or positive).

Where are you guys going to stay at for the first 2 years?

The facility is really good. I did not get to meet the medical students during interview except for the tour guides. What really attracts me to this school is the good preparation for boards, exceptional match list, and 3rd/4th year clinical rotations at downtown Chicago. I would love to hear any feedbacks about this school (negative or positive).

Where are you guys going to stay at for the first 2 years?

Oh, and Bob, I live in the dorms btw. They are amazing, 5 years old I think. They're really student apartments..not dorms. New appliances, maple cabinets, corian countertops, building wired for ethernet and directv. rooms are huge.

Oh, and Bob, I live in the dorms btw. They are amazing, 5 years old I think. They're really student apartments..not dorms. New appliances, maple cabinets, corian countertops, building wired for ethernet and directv. rooms are huge.

They are very nice but unfortunately I can not move in there because of pets =\. I am going to have to fly over to Chicago around February or March, rent a car, and drive around looking for apartments. Hopefully they have realtors and open leasing offices. :thumbup:

does anyone know how the third and fourth year rotations work? Should the student live in downtown chicago or not?

I just accepted an offer from Rosalind Franklin... Hello to other future classmates!

congratulations from class of 2011. We just finished our second quarter. They worked us like crazy but you will love it here.
most students move to chicago for their 3rd and 4th year.

Congrats everyone! I am an accepted student as well! I am most likely going to live at the on-campus apartments! Any females looking for a roommate?!

My wife and I were both accepted into the class of 2012.

So now that's taken care of, just gotta finish my pre-reqs, sell my house for what will probably be a loss, get the kid registered for kindergarten (did you know you have to PAY for public school kindergarten in IL?), hang onto my job, find another place to live, and move again for the 10th time in the last 8 years. (No... I am not a vagabond)

But it is all a blessing. Happy to be going and excited to start this next phase. Perhaps some of you will be lucky enough to partake of my fantastic grillmaster food and cold beverages soon.... when it's actually warm enough to start the grill... or stand outside for more than 2 minutes...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats ! I am looking forward to meeting you guys this coming August. Also I am wondering if any of you have received any scholarships so far for RFU?

How much scholarship do they give out every year and who qualifies?

Congrats ! I am looking forward to meeting you guys this coming August. Also I am wondering if any of you have received any scholarships so far for RFU?

How much scholarship do they give out every year and who qualifies?[/quote

im not even sure how the handing out of scholarships work?

Spoke with a current RFU student and he said there's not much scholarship money given out. He didn't know any amounts (dollar or number of wise).

My preliminary calculations put us at a cool negative half a mil (med students X 2 plus kid expenses) when this is all said and done.

My tombstone will read "If you're coming to collect your money - start digging."

Spoke with a current RFU student and he said there's not much scholarship money given out. He didn't know any amounts (dollar or number of wise).

My preliminary calculations put us at a cool negative half a mil (med students X 2 plus kid expenses) when this is all said and done.

My tombstone will read "If you're coming to collect your money - start digging."

dude your hilarious, lool:laugh:

Actually, the hilarious part is that I fully intend on being creamated. So that poor soul will be digging for quite some time...

Do you guys have links to pictures of the school? My parents want to know what the school looks like since they are unable to make it to the white coat ceremony. It's been awhile since I was there for interview. I am starting to forget what the school looks like beside the very few pictures that are posted on main CMS site. (The ones with the pink trees)

I just found out I was accepted on Saturday! I wanted to say hello, and that I look forward to meeting everyone!

Also, is anyone going out for the Second Look Day in May? I think it sounds like a great idea, but I don't know if I really want to/can afford to fly out from the west coast.

I just found out I was accepted on Saturday! I wanted to say hello, and that I look forward to meeting everyone!

Also, is anyone going out for the Second Look Day in May? I think it sounds like a great idea, but I don't know if I really want to/can afford to fly out from the west coast.

congratulations, hope to see you in the fall too!

Hi guys,

Im an M1 right now at RFU and it really is a great, underrated school. It's not easy (obviously) but the professors are great and the school does a great job of taking care of its students and making sure they are prepared. I admit it wasnt my first choice, mainly due to location, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. If you have any questions Id be happy to answer them, just PM me.

Anyone know when the orientation/white coat ceremony will be held? Basically, when do we have to get to North Chicago?

Anyone know when the orientation/white coat ceremony will be held? Basically, when do we have to get to North Chicago?

I just got an email today that Orientation is August 12th - 15th. I'm guessing the White Coat Ceremony will be on the last day. It also says they will send more information regarding Orientation in the upcoming months.

last year the white coat ceremony was on wednesday or thursday of orientation week.

I just sent CMS my intent yesterday. I look forward to meeting you all.

MZ

Checked the orientation schedule for last year and it was on the 2nd day of orientation... (and the first day was like an informal welcoming event) so i'm assuming they'll probably do it the same way this year... which would be 8/13

Hello class 2012!

...And congratulations on your admission. I am jealous because your worries about being accepted are behind, and I have just been invited for an interview (very weird, hopefully it does not affect my chances of getting in. What fo you think?). So, I just wondered if any of you could take a minute and give some advice/feedback on the your interviews (stressful? More personal questions, or ethical, or healthcare system-related?). Also, what are some of extracurricular activities/clubs on campus?... Any info will be appreciated.

Sincerely.

My wife and I were both accepted into the class of 2012.

Perhaps some of you will be lucky enough to partake of my fantastic grillmaster food and cold beverages soon.... when it's actually warm enough to start the grill... or stand outside for more than 2 minutes...

I'm always up for some grilling - we "newbies" should get together this summer. I'm moving there in June.

Question: did you know that I am faster than 80% of all snakes?

I'm always up for some grilling - we "newbies" should get together this summer. I'm moving there in June.

Question: did you know that I am faster than 80% of all snakes?

I like your style Schrute - Just remember, you have to play to win, but you also have to win to play.

We're moving from the west burbs of Chicago to Lake Bluff (less than 3 miles from RFU) at the end of May. Let's apply some fire to dead animal slabs and enjoy the fruits of some yeasts swimming around in hops and barley.

Hello class 2012!

...And congratulations on your admission. I am jealous because your worries about being accepted are behind, and I have just been invited for an interview (very weird, hopefully it does not affect my chances of getting in. What fo you think?). So, I just wondered if any of you could take a minute and give some advice/feedback on the your interviews (stressful? More personal questions, or ethical, or healthcare system-related?). Also, what are some of extracurricular activities/clubs on campus?... Any info will be appreciated.

Sincerely.

Interviews are very laid back... you either interview with a professor and an M4 student or with two professors. The professor who interviewed me asked questions from a booklet containing ethical questions but I don't think they were really difficult (unless you're an evil person... :cool:). Apparently some ppl don't get any ethical questions at all so no need to freak out about it.

Just got my acceptance last night and will most likely be attending!!

i also just got my acceptance yesterday and am pretty sure i will be going there!

I got my acceptance a few days ago, interviewed on 2/8.

For the two of you that just received your acceptance letters this Friday, May 2nd: Can you please tell me when you interviewed? I interviewed on Apr 7th, and was wondering if it was around the same time as you two? Thanks!

I interviewed on 4/14 and received my acceptance 5/3.

Is there a facebook group already set up for class 2012??

CWUDoc, how far from the school do you live? And can you please tell me the date they mailed the letter if possible? Thanks.

Did anyone who interviewed on Apr 7th recieve their letter this Fri/Sat, may 2nd or 3rd?

Hey guys, congrats on your acceptances!

RFU only gives out two full tuition scholarships a year, that's it. :(

I live in Seattle, Washington. The letter was postmarked 4/29.
Hope that helps!

so i'm part of the "orientation committee" and part of the deal is we'll be starting some sort of correspondence with the new class sometime over the summer. i was thinking of making a google group so people would have a dedicated forum to converse. thoughts? i guess the only downside is you need to make a g-mail account.

there is zero activity on it since nobody knows about it. but, here's the link

http://groups.google.com/group/chicago-medical-school

Hey folks, just got my acceptance as well! I interviewed 4/9 and got the letter on 5/2, although it was dated 4/29. Think I'm gonna zip my $100 down to the school and get this ship moving. Has anyone heard about availability of the on campus housing?

Also, what is this Second Look Day? Haven't heard anything about it.

Congratulations to all accepted! I wish you all the best of luck. I was one of the candidates interviewed on Apr 7, but have not heard anything yet. I am not sure if others interviewed on that date have received their letters yet?

Hey folks, just got my acceptance as well! I interviewed 4/9 and got the letter on 5/2, although it was dated 4/29. Think I'm gonna zip my $100 down to the school and get this ship moving. Has anyone heard about availability of the on campus housing?

Also, what is this Second Look Day? Haven't heard anything about it.

housing is first come first served. if i were you, i would sign up online ASAP.

housing is first come first served. if i were you, i would sign up online ASAP.

Based on experience, housing fills up pretty fast too. I was on the housing waitlist last year for a month or so because I was lazy and never sent in the forms.