Rosalind Franklin MBS vs Midwestern MABMS

Started by Mkara1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mkara1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I would definitely appreciate any input that I can get in regards to these 2 programs. I got accepted to both the MABMS at Midwestern and the BMS program at Rosalind Franklin and I really do not know which one is the better choice. I am from a northwest suburb of Illinois so distance is the same to both schools and the cost for both is very much the same as well. Thoughts? Help? Please?
 
Both schools have linkages with their parent medical schools (CCOM and CMS). I don't know much about the MABMS program to be honest, but I've spent a lot of time researching the BMS program. BMS is very good for getting into CMS and not much else. 50-60 students are accepted straight into CMS from the BMS program (about 50% of the BMS class). If you're confident that you can obtain mostly "A"s I would go BMS.

I think you have to ask yourself if you would rather become a DO or a MD. If you don't have a major preference I would pick BMS because it is more highly regarded from what I've learned. If you do, then the I believe the answer is obvious.
 
Thanks for the reply. I have heard that as far as DO schools go, Midwestern is a better school than rosalind Franklin is a medical school can you comment on whether you have her the same? Second question: do you think that a BMS degree from a better DO school would count for more than the same degree from an okay medical school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Midwestern CCOM is considered one of the top DO schools and I've met very successful and competent physicians that attended there.

2. I believe that your performance in the program is worth more than the degree itself. I don't know your stats, but if you got into both programs then you're right on the border of grades considered "worthy" for medical school acceptance. Do well (in either program) and you should be considered competitive.

I know I didn't exactly answer your second question. This is because I know that CCOM has a great reputation, but I don't know about the reputation of the MABMS program itself.