Rosalind Franklin PMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KayRee

Reaction score
Hello,
Is anyone applying to the pre matriculation program at Rosalind Franklin university for the 2020 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I am! I recently found out about the program and almost done with my app. Do you know if they have rolling admissions or is the decision made after June 1st for everyone?

I’m not sure. Did you take the Casper and MCAT?
I emailed them letting them know my Mcat in april was canceled and they said will continue to accept it even after the deadline has passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I took them in 2019 and was able to send those results. Have you spoken with someone from the program about linkage to RFU medical school or about the courses PMP students take?

I spoke with a girl who did the program. Out of 12 people enrolled in her class, 3 were accepted into the medical school.

Oh wow only 25%, I'd hoped the numbers would be higher but glad to hear there is success with some of the students. Thank you for the feedback!

I know I was hoping the number was higher. I keep telling myself at least tuition is free so the risk is low but reward is high. Unlike the BMS program that is over 50k. Are you from the Chicago area?

Very true, the free tuition is one of the most attractive features of the program. The school coursework is also a big plus. I'm not in Chicago rn, so I'd have to move. What about you?

Last edited:
Yes I’m in Chicago. I don’t think they started reviewing applications yet since the school is now closed.

That's good news for us if it's true. Since you're from the area, what is your impression of the school? I hadn't really heard about RFU until I found out about this program.

I’m sorry I keep responding so late. I attended one of their open houses last year to get more information. When ever I asked someone about the pmp program they would try to persuade me to apply to the BMS program since it’s their money maker. The school is no where near Chicago it’s 40 miles away. Other than that, I don’t really have much info. Good luck to us both :)

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my app and awaiting verification by RFUCAS. I sent an email about their application review process and their response was, "We are on rolling admissions. This means that we will review all application that are submitted by the deadline. Once your application is verified, complete, and go before the admissions committee it could take up to two weeks to receive a decision."

Members don't see this ad :)
It took a few weeks for my app to get verified, so it's been under review since 6/4. I haven't heard anything yet from PMP but they also sent my app to the BMS program and was accepted to that last week. I believe PMP applicants will be hearing back soon, and there is an information session tonight at 6 that I'll be attending to hear more about the program. Have you heard anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an email this morning that said, "...has completed its initial review of your application and would like to schedule a consultation with you to discuss your candidacy and answer any questions you may have." According to the information session from Tuesday, PMP looks to schedule these video meetings with applicants to talk more about their fit for the program and answer questions candidates may have. Weirdly, they said that this is NOT meant to be an interview and is just a friendly conversation. It's hard to believe that it wouldn't be used to feel out candidates but they didn't give us any other information, so interpret it as you wish.

Reactions: 1 user
The consultation went well! Sheneita is really nice and opened by reassuring me this wasn't an interview and that the conversation doesn't stand to help or hurt my application. She gave me PLENTY of time to ask all of my questions and had an answer for almost all of them. I recommend writing out all of your questions prior to the consultation, as it helped me to remember to ask the more specific questions I had. At the end, she briefly went over my application with me and shared her comments on my stats, ECs, and clinical experiences from the initial review. Overall, it was definitely a casual conversation that helped me learn more about the benefits that PMP would offer me and how I stand right now as an applicant. I just wish we didn't have to wait until 2nd-3rd week of July to hear back.

Thank you for the response! Do you think everyone gets a consult?

You're welcome! I'm not entirely sure but I'd assume that everyone that is eligible for the program will get a chance to consult with Sheneita or someone else from RFU. I honestly don't think getting a consult means someone is more likely to gain an acceptance. Instead, that your application has been reviewed and they want you have a chance to learn more about the program because you're an eligible candidate and could be accepted. Also, they won't not be giving out acceptances until after the 15.

Did anyone hear anything with regards to admissions!

I was accepted yesterday! I emailed Sheneita at admissions last week and she said that the status updates from earlier this week would be their first round, so I'm assuming there will be atleast another round.

I was accepted yesterday! I emailed Sheneita at admissions last week and she said that the status updates from earlier this week would be their first round, so I'm assuming there will be atleast another round.

congratulations!!! Wish me luck

I created a FB page for our cohort to get to know each other better before classes begin, and for us to communicate during the program. Here is the link if anyone wants to join:

Last edited: