Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frankrizzo18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I received an e-mail from Rosalind Franklin stating my application is complete and to expect a decision in the mail. I thought people were hearing from RF by e-mail. Is this a potential rejection? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invites come by snail, it's the "possible interview pool" email that comes in teh e-mail.

frankrizzo18 said:
Hey, I received an e-mail from Rosalind Franklin stating my application is complete and to expect a decision in the mail. I thought people were hearing from RF by e-mail. Is this a potential rejection? Thanks

did you get the possible interview pool email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not. I got an e-mail saying my application was complete and to expect a letter in the mail after the committee decides. I have not received anything about an interview pool. I thought I was getting a rejection letter sent to me because everyone seems to say that RF sends an e-mail about interviewing, but apparition (see above) mentioned that interview invites come by snail mail (i.e. Postal Service). So, it looks like I am going to get an rejection or interview. GOod luck

gbbdoc said:
did you get the possible interview pool email?

frankrizzo18 said:
Frank, were you an August MCATer by chance? I am trying to see how many times a week I should be stalking RFU for a status check.

YES

gdbaby said:
Frank, were you an August MCATer by chance? I am trying to see how many times a week I should be stalking RFU for a status check.

frankrizzo18 said:
Good luck. I am sending you some interview vibes! :)

i was an august mcater also, but i got put in the pool in mid-october.......

also, i dont believe rosalind has rejected anybody yet. so i would not worry.

I believe they make decisions for jan interviews today and beg of next week. However, if your not in the possible pool yet, then you won't be in the pile of choices for deciding who gets interviewed either. atleast until you make it to the possible pool or get a straight interview....
best of luck

theunderdog said:
i was an august mcater also, but i got put in the pool in mid-october.......

also, i dont believe rosalind has rejected anybody yet. so i would not worry.
I am in no pool: not a kiddie pool, not a whirlpool, not a cesspool and certainly not in the CMS interview pool. too bad too, I would have loved to study with you guys by day and gone to outdoor concerts at Ravinia by night.

I did get an email stating that final decisions would be made by next week, but given my lack of placement in a pool I will assume the inevitable for now.

Freakedout said:
I believe they make decisions for jan interviews today and beg of next week. However, if your not in the possible pool yet, then you won't be in the pile of choices for deciding who gets interviewed either. atleast until you make it to the possible pool or get a straight interview....
best of luck

I just called...they said that they are making january decisions by the end of the month....

i hate med school admissions

I thought the committee meets once a month. We have to wait until the end of this month to find out if we've got an interview or not? Omigosh I dont think I can take anymore of this torture! :scared:

Haha Thats funny because when I called, I was told quite the opposite... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Freakedout said:
Haha Thats funny because when I called, I was told quite the opposite... :laugh:
When I called they I had the wrong number and to never call them again. ;)

Freakedout said:
When I called they said I had the wrong number and to never call them again. ;)

When I called, I was told that my file had not been returned from review yet......I went into review on Oct. 11th!!!!!!! I keep getting told that my reviewer has tons of applications and this is why mine has not been looked at yet...after a whole month????!!!! And they told me that they norammly make decisions within a couple of weeks! Has anyone else got this? I'm starting to get really frustrated, let me know already Rosalind !!!!!!

Ashanti Rock said:
When I called, I was told that my file had not been returned from review yet......I went into review on Oct. 11th!!!!!!! I keep getting told that my reviewer has tons of applications and this is why mine has not been looked at yet...after a whole month????!!!! And they told me that they norammly make decisions within a couple of weeks! Has anyone else got this? I'm starting to get really frustrated, let me know already Rosalind !!!!!!

Is this after "possible interview"?

Ashanti Rock said:
I think that's what mine basically said. They can't all be like Iowa, can they?

gdbaby said:
I think that's what mine basically said. They can't all be like Iowa, can they?

If only the could gdbabby........if only they all could........

i called them to check on the status of my application, and the woman on the other line put me on hold for a minute, then said ok, go check your email inbox. i did, and there was the 'possible interview' e-mail. so i guess i was in that group all along and they just never sent me the email? not really sure what to make of it. my application was submitted more than two months ago.

i cheked my email right after reading hte post and i got the possible pool also. maybe its their update day. i was complete 10/31. hopefully our swim will be short :)

madonna said:
i cheked my email right after reading hte post and i got the possible pool also. maybe its their update day. i was complete 10/31. hopefully our swim will be short :)
CMS/RFU--what have I ever done to you?!?! I was complete 10/19 and NOTHING!

BTW Madonna, Good job! I bet an interview is coming soon!

when i called them, it was very weird, the guy said i would receive an invite for jan-feb, but since there was an open slot in december, he said he could give me that one :confused: im going to call them again on monday to make sure i really have an interview in december, i havent received an email for interview invite...

edit: maybe i accidentally deleted the invite email in spam folder???

jtank said:
when i called them, it was very weird, the guy said i would receive an invite for jan-feb, but since there was an open slot in december, he said he could give me that one :confused: im going to call them again on monday to make sure i really have an interview in december, i havent received an email for interview invite...

No, it doen't come via e-mail. Congrats!

gdbaby said:
CMS/RFU--what have I ever done to you?!?! I was complete 10/19 and NOTHING!

BTW Madonna, Good job! I bet an interview is coming soon!

thanx. did you call them?

jtank said:

so does that mean the committee already decided on the invites for january and february? crazy crazy people, why are they lying so differently to everyone?

madonna said:
so does that mean the committee already decided on the invites for january and february? crazy crazy people, why are they lying so differently to everyone?

Some schools have stress interviews, RF has stress status checks. ;)

madonna said:
thanx. did you call them?
Just called them. I sounded like an 8th grade girl asking a boy to the dance because no one has asked her (okay, a little too close to home).

Me: "Ummm...yes. I was calling to...ummm...if it's not too inconvenient...ummm...I was calling to check on my status?" (place high inflection on the word 'status', as if I do not understand what the word 'status' means)
CMS rep: AMCAS ID # please.
[I give her the #]
CMS rep: You application is still out. Your status (with proper inflection) has not changed.
Me: Umm...of course. Thank you. [and as I begin to hang up the phone I shout "I love you guys!"]

I called them and asked to talk to watson and crick...they hung up on me...is this good?

gdbaby said:
Just called them. I sounded like an 8th grade girl asking a boy to the dance because no one has asked her (okay, a little too close to home).

Me: "Ummm...yes. I was calling to...ummm...if it's not too inconvenient...ummm...I was calling to check on my status?" (place high inflection on the word 'status', as if I do not understand what the word 'status' means)
CMS rep: AMCAS ID # please.
[I give her the #]
CMS rep: You application is still out. Your status (with proper inflection) has not changed.
Me: Umm...of course. Thank you. [and as I begin to hang up the phone I shout "I love you guys!"]

well its too cold to be swiming in the pool anyways :)

Scintillation said:
I called them and asked to talk to watson and crick...they hung up on me...is this good?
HAAAA! :laugh:

Madonna, but I bought my water wings and everything. I have a wetsuit! I'm ready to wade in that pool! ;)

gdbaby said:
HAAAA! :laugh:

Madonna, but I bought my water wings and everything. I have a wetsuit! I'm ready to wade in that pool! ;)

well i am sure that if they knew you were so prepared they would invite you right away. let them know :)

madonna said:

i really have no idea, did u previously ask about jan/feb invites?

dr_keki said:
I thought the committee meets once a month. We have to wait until the end of this month to find out if we've got an interview or not? Omigosh I dont think I can take anymore of this torture! :scared:

i can confirm this.

the lady i talked to, who is the director of admissions and records, says that january invites will be given out in LATE november and possibly early DECEMBER.

she said december invites just went out and the adcom only meets once a month. there are only two interview dates for december, so A LOT OF january invites will go out.

january invites that were made either today or next week is a myth.

jtank said:
i really have no idea, did u previously ask about jan/feb invites?

i personally did not but if you read thread you'll see what i am talking about. the people that call are given different info :mad:

madonna said:
i personally did not but if you read thread you'll see what i am talking about. the people that call are given different info :mad:
Madonna, do you ever have one of thosse "Madonna" moments: when everything is going really crappyin your life and the only thing that can help is that perfect song by Madonna that just makes it better. "Express yourself" and "Like a Prayer" are some of my favs right now, but hopefully when I get into a school "Celebrate" or "Ray of Light" will be more appropriate. There really is a Madonna song for any occassion.

gdbaby said:
Madonna, do you ever have one of thosse "Madonna" moments: when everything is going really crappyin your life and the only thing that can help is that perfect song by Madonna that just makes it better. "Express yourself" and "Like a Prayer" are some of my favs right now, but hopefully when I get into a school "Celebrate" or "Ray of Light" will be more appropriate. There really is a Madonna song for any occassion.

yes, madonna is the queen. mb i should have sent a pic of her instead my own, the schools would react better :)

madonna said:
yes, madonna is the queen. mb i should have sent a pic of her instead my own, the schools would react better :)
Especially if it was the Madonna or "Truth or Dare"!

Scintillation said:

I am a 4th yr at CMS now and lemme tell you thats awesome :laugh: :laugh:

Just based on that joke they should let you in! :thumbup: Strong work..

Who would have thought it would be a good idea to name the school after a chick who failed in some ways.. Well whatever.. Good luck people!

Scintillation said:

yea, they actually have a huge double helix embedded in the tile floor!

EctopicFetus said:
I am a 4th yr at CMS now and lemme tell you thats awesome :laugh: :laugh:

Just based on that joke they should let you in! :thumbup: Strong work..

Who would have thought it would be a good idea to name the school after a chick who failed in some ways.. Well whatever.. Good luck people!

so, you enjoyed your time there so far? i interviewed there today...i could easily see myself there for four years ;)

I called Rosalind today (been in the pool for a few weeks now) and the lady in the admissions office put me on hold and then said that I had been given an interview! :thumbup:

So, apparently I'll get a snail-mail letter from them within the next couple of weeks and then i'll have to call back to schedule an interview (dang, wish she would have offered to schedule it over the phone today...).

So, anyone who wants to know their status- I recommend calling them. The person I talked to was really nice and it's great to know I have an interview!

lizanne11 said:
I called Rosalind today (been in the pool for a few weeks now) and the lady in the admissions office put me on hold and then said that I had been given an interview! :thumbup:

So, apparently I'll get a snail-mail letter from them within the next couple of weeks and then i'll have to call back to schedule an interview (dang, wish she would have offered to schedule it over the phone today...).

So, anyone who wants to know their status- I recommend calling them. The person I talked to was really nice and it's great to know I have an interview!

uhh...underdog-this poster really makes your claim kinda questionable...maybe the jan invites have been offered and they're lying to us.
-mota

DaMota said:
uhh...underdog-this poster really makes your claim kinda questionable...maybe the jan invites have been offered and they're lying to us.
-mota

Maybe the letter will come in the mail in late November...??

lizanne11 said:
Maybe the letter will come in the mail in late November...??

well, they told us that the decisions would be MADE in late november and that only the december invites have been given out so far. maybe you can let us know when you call in to schedule yours. by the way congrats. i hope you rock it.
-mota

TimmyTheWonderD said:
so, you enjoyed your time there so far? i interviewed there today...i could easily see myself there for four years ;)

I have totally enjoyed it. I wont lie and tell you that there arent problems but the new admin seems to be doing good things with the place. If you have Qs PM me. As many on the post-bac board will tell you I simply tell it how it is. I give honest answers.. Good luck!

Oh and dont ask about the admin process. I am way too far removed to know much about it.

DaMota said:
well, they told us that the decisions would be MADE in late november and that only the december invites have been given out so far. maybe you can let us know when you call in to schedule yours. by the way congrats. i hope you rock it.
-mota

They said on the phone today that I would be given a few different dates to pick from for the interview. So, when I get the letter I'll let you all know if the dates are in December or January.

Thanks- I'll try to rock it. :cool: :p

lizanne11 said:
They said on the phone today that I would be given a few different dates to pick from for the interview.

My letter gave me 9 dates to choose from...8 in Nov and 1 in Dec

hey i got the possible interview pool thing a while ago and still no response.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

people who got interview with earlier possible pool e-mail, how long did it take after you got the e-mail.