Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, at least you're getting results. I've been waiting on an LOR for 2 months! It was finally submitted last week so maybe I'll see some movement - beyond just the constant urge to defecate that the application process elicits now. Can't you just be happy for me? Is that too much to ask. I hate you! Oh, and wish me luck with my RFU app. Thanks!
Sincerely, me.

Members don't see this ad.

desiredusername said:
Well, at least you're getting results. I've been waiting on an LOR for 2 months! It was finally submitted last week so maybe I'll see some movement - beyond just the constant urge to defecate that the application process gives me elicits now. Can't you just be happy for me? Is that too much to ask. I hate you! Oh, and wish me luck with my RFU app. Thanks!
Sincerely, me.
I think this sums up the majority of posts on SDN! Congrats, I hate you, support me, where are you? :laugh:

Arachnia said:
I'm also in the limbo that is RF "possible interview pool." The email informing me of this was kind enough to include the statistic that something like 30% (ooooo, ahhhhh) of folks in this pool get interviews. What does this mean? Do they rank us? Pick out people at random? Re-review our files? I suppose I should be grateful that I haven't been flat out rejected...

Just so everyone knows...they selected January interviews...

and I was not one of the lucky few....

damn you rosalind franklin....I am a watson and crick supporter anyways....biotch

Members don't see this ad :)
benfolds21 said:
Just so everyone knows...they selected January interviews...

and I was not one of the lucky few....

damn you rosalind franklin....I am a watson and crick supporter anyways....biotch

Aww, I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll be plucked out of the pool soon!

I wasn't complete there till last week--do all the folders go to review as they are complete, or do I have a while to wait? Is it even worth calling to check if I'm in the pool or not?

Thanks!

annamarie said:
Aww, I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll be plucked out of the pool soon!

I wasn't complete there till last week--do all the folders go to review as they are complete, or do I have a while to wait? Is it even worth calling to check if I'm in the pool or not?

Thanks!

If you don't want to wait, you can check. They are one of the friendlier schools on the phone.

Apparition said:
If you don't want to wait, you can check. They are one of the friendlier schools on the phone.

ah crap. i didn';t get an invite either. shizer.

she said invitatinos have not been mailed yet... so stop waiting for the mailman.

but invites have been made. and you can call to find out.

feb invites go out the first week of jan......long long wait.

Coincidence that I get rejected from RFU AND get an email for a Ross University Information Seminar on the same day? I think not. I am going to look into some sort of cooperative crossover between the two schools.

4 years in the caribbean? I can think of worse ways to spend my time...

gdbaby said:
Coincidence that I get rejected from RFU AND get an email for a Ross University Information Seminar on the same day? I think not. I am going to look into some sort of cooperative crossover between the two schools.

4 years in the caribbean? I can think of worse ways to spend my time...
gdbaby,
first congrats on your acceptance. but i thought we could swim in the pool together. your stats and ecs look great, i dont know why you were worried

theunderdog said:
ah crap. i didn';t get an invite either. shizer.

she said invitatinos have not been mailed yet... so stop waiting for the mailman.

but invites have been made. and you can call to find out.

feb invites go out the first week of jan......long long wait.

Actually, I called today only to find out I am in the possible interview pool. Thus, after many weeks, I am back from committee and have gotten a new status! Yeah!

The woman told me January interviews were mailed out this am. Go check the mail!

madonna said:
gdbaby,
first congrats on your acceptance. but i thought we could swim in the pool together. your stats and ecs look great, i dont know why you were worried
From your mdapp, looks like we may be swimming in other pools together anyway.

the brown note said:
I was there on 11/9. :)

Heh! We missed each other by a day, I was there 11/10! :)
Glad to have you in the sub-club too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the possible interview email today. I was complete the first week of November. What a dumb email to send people. Just tell me if I got an interview or not, not whether I made some stupid cut. Unneccesary to say the least.

I just got the interview invite for January today.

Does anyone know how they pick who gets on the possible interview list? I was complete the last week of October and I haven't heard anything yet.

gilly1980 said:
Does anyone know how they pick who gets on the possible interview list? I was complete the last week of October and I haven't heard anything yet.

I heard they "spin the bottle" names.

Sorry I don't have a real answer, i doubt anyone does.

alo. I got an invite either late last week or early this week.

hope that helps!

btw, the earliest interview date is Jan 5.

Good luck!

Gracey103 said:
I just got the interview invite for January today.

congrats, when were you complete?

When I asked the guy on the phone, he said that each person in the PIP has an "interview score" based on their app. The higher the score you have the higher up on the list you are and the sooner you'll get pulled from the pool for an interview. Sounds sketch to me though......

taddpole said:
When I asked the guy on the phone, he said that each person in the PIP has an "interview score" based on their app. The higher the score you have the higher up on the list you are and the sooner you'll get pulled from the pool for an interview. Sounds sketch to me though......

no, i dont think so. i have called the admissions office many times before, and they never mentioned anything about priority in the pool.

jtank said:
no, i dont think so. i have called the admissions office many times before, and they never mentioned anything about priority in the pool.

They do assign you a score. Or at least they have in past years. I believe it's on a scale of 1-10, and they interview those with the highest scores first.

yay. i've got me an interview. would anyone else who has gotten a January invite do me a HUGE favor and PM me what the letter says/dates that we are able to interview. Here's the thing. I'm leaving Berkeley today (Wednesday) at 11 AM to fly home til Sunday for thanksgiving and the mail still hasn't come (i called to find out about the invite). so basically I won't be getting the letter til Sunday when i get back and wont be able to schedule my interview til monday. however i dont really want to wait that long because i'm trying to coordinate interviews together. so, please PM me if you've got a sec. much appreciated.
-mota

what do you know. my thousandth post.
-mota

How'd you find out, DaMota? Have letters been sent out already?

NapeSpikes said:
How'd you find out, DaMota? Have letters been sent out already?

i called on monday to check my status and the guy goes "you must not have gotten the mail yet...we invited you for an interview and sent the letter out on thursday, you should be getting it soon" but i live in Cali and my mail man is a lazy bastard. i'm sure other people have already gotten the letter though. i hope someone PMs me.
-mota

DaMota said:
yay. i've got me an interview. would anyone else who has gotten a January invite do me a HUGE favor and PM me what the letter says/dates that we are able to interview. Here's the thing. I'm leaving Berkeley today (Wednesday) at 11 AM to fly home til Sunday for thanksgiving and the mail still hasn't come (i called to find out about the invite). so basically I won't be getting the letter til Sunday when i get back and wont be able to schedule my interview til monday. however i dont really want to wait that long because i'm trying to coordinate interviews together. so, please PM me if you've got a sec. much appreciated.
-mota

congrats mota!! why dont you just give the admissions office a rang and explain your situation?

damn you mota. haha. i just called and i haven't been invited yet. oh and on your little situation, you can ask if they can fax you the letter.

Goose-d said:
congrats mota!! why dont you just give the admissions office a rang and explain your situation?

an even better idea. this is why you're already accepted to med school and i'm not.

i'm trying to eat cereal with a plastic fork right now and its not really working out.
-mota

DaMota said:
i'm trying to eat cereal with a plastic fork right now and its not really working out.

[spews coffee out nose] :laugh:

madonna said:
congrats, when were you complete?

I was complete sometime in the end of September, forgot the exact date. And I live in California.

Just a question then, does everyone get into the possible interview pool and then get an interview? Or do some people get put in the pool, some get interviewed right away, and then some get rejected?

musiclink213 said:
Just a question then, does everyone get into the possible interview pool and then get an interview? Or do some people get put in the pool, some get interviewed right away, and then some get rejected?

i'm pretty sure you've gotta go to the pool before you can get an interview. so for those of you that get put in the possible pool, be happy because you're just one step closer to an interview. its not like being put on hold in anyway.

can someone please post the chicagomed match list? i've been looking for it and its definitely not in this thread. thanks a lot.

-mota

DaMota said:
i'm pretty sure you've gotta go to the pool before you can get an interview. so for those of you that get put in the possible pool, be happy because you're just one step closer to an interview. its not like being put on hold in anyway.

can someone please post the chicagomed match list? i've been looking for it and its definitely not in this thread. thanks a lot.

-mota

ok: match list 05

Rosalind franklin is not listed in my copy of US News from last year...Does anyone have their stats for Applicants/Interviewed/Accepted for both instate and out of state. Thanks!

HawkDoc said:
Rosalind franklin is not listed in my copy of US News from last year...Does anyone have their stats for Applicants/Interviewed/Accepted for both instate and out of state. Thanks!

7794 applied 693 interviewed 185 accepted

Miss155 said:
7794 applied 693 interviewed 185 accepted
185 matriculated. I can't find the number accepted--it's not in the msar or u.s. news.

NapeSpikes said:
Sweet, thanks.

Any August mcater hear word, yet?

i just got in the pool

Woohoo, I just got into the pool too! :) Has anyone had any luck calling/emailing after you are only in the pool to see if there are any cancellations for interviews? Or have people only done this after they have been offered an interview date?

Thanks! :luck:

annamarie said:
Woohoo, I just got into the pool too! :) Has anyone had any luck calling/emailing after you are only in the pool to see if there are any cancellations for interviews? Or have people only done this after they have been offered an interview date?

Thanks! :luck:
I think that would be a bad move, calling them immediately after you are put into the possible pool. I say just chill for at least a few weeks.

i have an interview at rfu this coming wednesday.

for those of you who interviewed, around what time was the interview day over? also, did they mention anything about turn-around time post-interview? lastly, does anyone know roughly what the chances of acceptance are after interviewing?

thanks. :thumbup:

Is there a way to check the status of my application on their website or do i have to call them?

clemsontiger said:
Is there a way to check the status of my application on their website or do i have to call them?

call them. they're very helpful and friendly, a rarity among med admissions offices.

I just got back form my interview there. I liked it. We were done with interviews/tour by 1:30, but there was only 7 of us there interviewing on that day. One of the first years said that when he went to interview there were 40 others and some weren't finished interviewing when he left at 4. So it really depends on how many come to interview on your day. I really wouldn't reccomend trying to sqeeze in a flight to leave the same day if you are worried as the airport is not close.

The facilities are nice and they have lots of student housing. The have no hospital physically attached to the school. The Vet-hospital is right next door and the other teaching hospitals are in chicago.