rosalind franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been accepted!!!:love:
Wow, I can't believe it since I interviewed super late....I think it was the second to the last interview date of the season....May 6th.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!! I'm definitely attending CMS!!!

I just signed up for on campus housing. I was told that there's like 25 people ahead of me and recently got a lot of people off the wait list which was in the mid 60's. I hope I get it. But, it seems that I'll need to find off campus housing.....:(

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! How did you hear? Phone call? Snail mail?

Hey Biochem,
I received it via snail mail. It was dated May 21st and I got it either today or Saturday (I didn't check my mail box on Saturday).
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
After a whole lot of thinking I will be withdrawing my acceptance at CMS. I loved the school, but I will be going elsewhere. I really hope that one of you gets in, good luck!

Congratulations to those who got accepted. Has anyone got accepted that did not interview in late April or May? I'm under the impression that Adcom only look at the applications that they have recently interviewed, give acceptances to those people for the month, and then put those interviewees who did not get accepted in a separate pile for further review. I'm probably overly analyzing things. I'm just anxiously waiting for a decision, and not knowing the process just makes me even more anxious. :eek:

yeah and this pile is pretty huge it seems.. since applications have been carried over for a lot of months now. Now that they have reviewed and mailed acceptance sfor their May interviews, I think they will move on to make decisions from the pile. So all the people in the pile will now soon begin to get their rejections/waitlist notice.

So if they are making acceptances continually after all the interview rounds, are they making rejections too? I am just trying to get an idea of how big this "further review" pile is. Because if they ARE making rejections as well, then the people in the pile have a shot of getting in through the waitlist ?

I read on one of the cms web page or interview handout that those interviewed are not rejected and have a chance of acceptance until start of school in August (not that this is pleasant). So, I don't think you get rejection letters if you've interviewed. This info is pretty legit since it came straight from CMS. I just can't remember exactly where I read it. I'll let you know if I find it.

That is weird because one of the admissions counsellors had told me that they send out the acceptances and rejections at apprx same time. ut I was never able to confirm this because I dnt think anybdy has posted that they got rejected after their interviews. Again, the reason why knowing this would help is because it will give a better idea of this "further review" pile. Please let me know if you find a source on that info you provided, and congratulations!

to clarify.. im talking about POST interview rejections..anyone get any?

So cheetos where are you going????

Congratulations to those who got accepted. Has anyone got accepted that did not interview in late April or May? I'm under the impression that Adcom only look at the applications that they have recently interviewed, give acceptances to those people for the month, and then put those interviewees who did not get accepted in a separate pile for further review. I'm probably overly analyzing things. I'm just anxiously waiting for a decision, and not knowing the process just makes me even more anxious. :eek:

This is pretty much how I picture things going behind the scenes. I wonder when decisions from "the pile" will start to be mailed? I'm tired of waiting.

I've been accepted!!!:love:
Wow, I can't believe it since I interviewed super late....I think it was the second to the last interview date of the season....May 6th.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!! I'm definitely attending CMS!!!

I just signed up for on campus housing. I was told that there's like 25 people ahead of me and recently got a lot of people off the wait list which was in the mid 60's. I hope I get it. But, it seems that I'll need to find off campus housing.....:(

congrats. i hate you...i kid, i kid.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be going to nymc. It was tough choice cause I loved my interview at cms. That thin envelope scared the crap out of me though. Hopefully some of you guys will be pleasantly surprised with a confusingly thin envelope soon!

Anyone else receive a letter?

augh. interviewed may 9th...still waiting.

congrats on the acceptance, cmshopeful! i sure hope like crazy i get a letter with good news too.

arrgghgghghghgghhg.

I hope they at least give me a decision before I sign my lease in July.

Last edited:
seems there are a lot of people waiting, including me, thats why I was wondering if they have made any post interview rejections in the first place? But I am not able to confirm this anywhere. Anyway, good luck to all of you.

I hope they at least give me a decision before I sign my lease in July. Been waiting on RFU since November!

why does your stat med student if you're waiting for RFU? Just a curious question.

ill apply this year 4 sure

seems there are a lot of people waiting, including me, thats why I was wondering if they have made any post interview rejections in the first place? But I am not able to confirm this anywhere. Anyway, good luck to all of you.

If the admissions process is anything like last year (which seems to be the case), they won't send out post-interview rejections until the beginning of classes, so pretty much everyone that interviewed and didn't receive an acceptance was placed on hold. Last year, they formed an "unranked waitlist" in early June (I think it was probably ranked) and pulled people off the list as spots opened up. A lot of people do get pulled off the waitlist so hang in there. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

If the admissions process is anything like last year (which seems to be the case), they won't send out post-interview rejections until the beginning of classes, so pretty much everyone that interviewed and didn't receive an acceptance was placed on hold. Last year, they formed an "unranked waitlist" in early June (I think it was probably ranked) and pulled people off the list as spots opened up. A lot of people do get pulled off the waitlist so hang in there. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

As I mentioned before, this is what I actually read somewhere in one of CMS's document/website. I looked for it the other day. But, I still haven't found it.

augh. interviewed may 9th...still waiting.

congrats on the acceptance, cmshopeful! i sure hope like crazy i get a letter with good news too.

arrgghgghghghgghhg.

May 9th eh? I was given 2 choices of dates, May 6th or the 9th. So, I almost interviewed with you. Good luck to those waiting!

why does your stat med student if you're waiting for RFU? Just a curious question.

Truth be told, I am not yet a medical student. It's a misnomer, but who cares? I will be a medical student in the fall. Where? CCOM or RFU depending on what happens between now and August.

Truth be told, I am not yet a medical student. It's a misnomer, but who cares? I will be a medical student in the fall. Where? CCOM or RFU depending on what happens between now and August.

I just mentioned that because in my opinion, current medical students' comments weigh more since they've actually gone through the process and made it, better yet they're med students of the school I'm rooting for. If you have yet to set foot in your first med school class, then you are still a pre-med student. Pre-meds' opinions on what goes on in med school is just a theory and have yet to grasp the reality of med school. That being a "misnomer," I for one care.

I just mentioned that because in my opinion, current medical students' comments weigh more since they've actually gone through the process and made it, better yet they're med students of the school I'm rooting for. If you have yet to set foot in your first med school class, then you are still a pre-med student. Pre-meds' opinions on what goes on in med school is just a theory and have yet to grasp the reality of med school. That being a "misnomer," I for one care.

1. Just as I have yet to set foot in my first med school class, I have yet to speculate online about what med school is really like.
2. Go RFU! I really want to go there. I just hate their admissions process ... passionately. You would probably hate it just as much if you had been waiting since November.
3. To each his/her own. When I got my first acceptance letter, I went, "Woohoo, I'm a medical student!" :hardy:
4. Since you really care, make a mental note that my comments weigh less. :rolleyes:

P.S. I bet medical school is really tough. Just a theory though. :D

I will be a medical student in the fall. Where? CCOM or RFU depending on what happens between now and August.

prn2oblivion - I am going through the SAME thing! Thrilled about CCOM, but am really hoping for that RFU acceptance... either way, we may be classmates, good luck checking the mail!! :)

prn2oblivion - I am going through the SAME thing! Thrilled about CCOM, but am really hoping for that RFU acceptance... either way, we may be classmates, good luck checking the mail!! :)

It's definitely a good situation that can only get better. If after my roommate and I sign that City View lease, terribly complicated but still better. Best of luck to you too. :luck:

AUUGHh!!!

I hope it's not a big joke...but I got my acceptance to CMS today!!!!!!

Email with a big red flag. OH my gosh I totally sat and bawled my eyes out...I am going to be a medical student!

I got my acceptance to CMS today!!!!!!

Email with a big red flag. OH my gosh I totally sat and bawled my eyes out...I am going to be a medical student!

Congratulations!!! If I received notification from CMS today, I would do the same thing. ;) It sounds like you received an e-mail?

email, which is weird because that they said expressly decisions are only made and notified through snail mail.

i wonder why mine was email. anyways, i hope it's not some big fat joke.

they sent me the pdfs of what's supposed to be in the mail to return back to them asap.

so in shock!

three years of hell to get here..

That is weird because one of the admissions counsellors had told me that they send out the acceptances and rejections at apprx same time. ut I was never able to confirm this because I dnt think anybdy has posted that they got rejected after their interviews. Again, the reason why knowing this would help is because it will give a better idea of this "further review" pile. Please let me know if you find a source on that info you provided, and congratulations!

I found where I read that after an interview you'll not get a rejection letter until after the orientation week! I read it in the US news and world report book of "Ultimate guide to medical schools" the 2nd edition. It's under the Admissions policy which is noted that the text is provided by the school. Remember, it's in the 2nd edition of the book, and not the first (RFU isn't in the 1st edition). To be exact, it's on page 185 of this book.

any news for anyone that interviewed earlier in the season? hopefully acceptances for us start getting sent out soon!

Sounds like they meet once a month. However, but the committee is finished meeting, right? Any chance they will send out letters during the middle of the month as spots open up?

By the end of next week. By edn of next week, we should have something in our mail/email with a status update - accepted/rejected/waitlisted. However, it seems they are following the same cycle as last year, which implies we will get waitlisted, they don't send the rejections till August.

A bunch of us can also get accepted by end of next week, depending on how many of the accepted students have decided to enroll. Good luck.

A bunch of us can also get accepted by end of next week, depending on how many of the accepted students have decided to enroll. Good luck.

Were you able to talk to an admissions counselor? Lately when I call, I can only get a hold of the secretary and she alway responds with the same information-- "your application is still active."

Last edited:
Yeah that is all I usually get as well, but I spoke to someone named Ms. Morgandi Lashley, and she is the one who informed me about the next week deadline on the status notifications. I read some forums with applicants last year and it seems like the same setup as last year. They got notifications saying they were on a waitlist, and didnt get rejcted until August.

I just got a waitlist notice today, a "non-ranked ordered waitlist." Did people get acceptance notices as well?

Does anyone know if the waitlist movement go by fast as in do they give acceptance notice per week since it's June already.

I got the "non-ranked waitlist" email this morning. Appr. 15% of people on this waitlist matriculate so apparently more than 15% are accepted off this waitlist every year. So cheers to more waiting!

Last edited:
got the waitlist email too...good luck everyone :luck:

anybody know how many ppl are on this list?

Last edited:
Great. Now I'm going to be a compulsive email checker.

Same setup as last year. I don't think there is any particular order now as to who gets off the waitlist. Everyone who did not get accepted and interviewed is on the waitlist, so I am guessing its huge. I also do'nt understand how it is non ranked, that makes no sense.

If they havent rejected anyone, but have made acceptances, then how exactly have they reviewed our application favorably? That doesnt make sense

If they havent rejected anyone, but have made acceptances, then how exactly have they reviewed our application favorably? That doesnt make sense

Is it possible that not everyone is put on this "more favorable non-ranked waitlist"? Maybe some people don't receive this email and are therefore on a different waitlist. I'm not sure, but I'm speculating.

I also received an email today that I was on the waitlist...good luck to all of you!

Since no one posted "horay!!! i got accepted today," my speculation is they, CMS, sent that waitlist notice to everybody to avoid frantic callers, especially that amcas is now available for submission (people don't want spend tons of $ if they're gonna get accepted in a few days) which I am one of.

If they haven't made all the decision on who to accept to fill the slots for those who withdrew, then I'm very much hopeful we'll get an acceptance notice soon. It just seems too much of a coincidence that this email came on the same day AMCAS opened for submission.

Look at the bright side. At least you guys are not dealing with a flooded basement (which i live in), get all your stuff wet, technically homeless for the next 1.5 weeks (i'll be crashing on my friends couch), move my stuff out so landlord can renovate on top of trying to fill my apps and work at a full time job. Everyday just seems to be getting better. With all this bad luck, I think I deserve an acceptance. Pardon my rant but I'm feeling :eek: right now.