rosalind franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just FYI: i got an acceptance from RFU last summer in mid july. i declined, but i'm just letting you all know not to give up hope!!!! good luck

Members don't see this ad.

In response to one of my questions regarding the non ranked ordered waitlist, the admissions counsellor told me:

"No, there is not more than one waitlist category. I have never told
you that nobody has been rejected after interviews. Acceptance and
rejection decisions are completely up to the admissions committee. If
you have been selected for out waitlist it means the committee has
reviewed your application favorably and has decided not to reject but to
keep you on our waitlist. "

So maybe rejections have been made and the people on this waitlist have a good shot at acceptance? Good luck

Sorry- I'm not familiar with waitlist stuff but is 15% considered a lot?

Do we know when people start getting off the waitlist?

I have a feeling it'll be a long June and July.

Good luck to everyone

DYT

Members don't see this ad :)
Previous RFU waitlist forums mention a high turnover rate. It makes sense because other competative applicants on the wait list must have plans for the following year that they might not want to turn down. Hopefully, turnover is 50% or greater so our chances are closer to 1 in 3 rather than 1 in 7. :luck:

I hope so!
In your opinion, is it better to have a ranked or unranked waitlist?

Accepted today! I was waitlisted last week or so and interviewed on the 30th. Good luck everyone!

Accepted today! I was waitlisted last week or so and interviewed on the 30th. Good luck everyone!

Great news!!! Congratulations!!! ;) Did it come via letter?

Do you mind if I ask some stats? In state? Out-of-state? GPA?

Also,one last strange question: what time on 6/4 did you receive your waitlist e-mail? I'm wondering if by chance the time the e-mail was sent is some indicator of 'non-ranked waitlist' ranking....

Last edited:
I hope so!
In your opinion, is it better to have a ranked or unranked waitlist?

At least if the waitlist was ranked, applicants might be able to get more specific feedback as to where they stand on that list. It would also mean that applicants that are waitlisted earlier in the process would have a better shot at getting accepted. In my opinion, a ranked list is better.

Congrats frisbee!

I received the waitlist email at 234pm (no idea what timezone this is from, but I am in the lot of community service, a little research (no pubs), and a few other activities. I will most likely be attending unless I hear something from Jefferson before I get an apartment (would like to start a lease on July 1 so not much time). Good luck everyone!

So I didn't notice, but apparently a lot of my last email got deleted so it made little sense. Here is what it was supposed to say:

I received the waitlist email at 234pm (no idea what timezone this is from, but I am in the mountain timezone GMT+7). My stats are a 29N (10,9,10) 3.95 BCPM and 3.73 AO. I have a lot of community service, a little research (no pubs), and a few other activities. I will most likely be attending unless I hear something from Jefferson before I get an apartment (would like to start a lease on July 1, so not much time). Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten or know someone with a post-interview rejection from RFU this cycle?

Last edited:
The acceptance notification was by email- The email said they were also going to send it by mail also, but I had two weeks to decide from the date I got the email.

Just got my acceptance today via email! :D

My stats are 27O and 3.81 overall GPA at the University of Illinois

Podgi, sorry for an additional question but were you on the waitlist at all? and congrats

Also if you did get the waitlist email can you please tell us what time the waitlist email was sent to you? Thanks!

I just found out of my acceptance on June 10th as well!! I was waitlisted on June 2nd. I am so pumped about getting into CMS! Good luck to everyone out there! There still is hope!

i'm losing hope guys and gals. :( .

there's still hope until the last week of july.

hmm....seems like RFU give acceptances tues and thurs (10th and 12th from the people who posted).

this waitlist movement is going by sooooo.... slow.

I interviewed on April 28th and was waitlisted for literally a week. Then I got the acceptance email. And CMS is my second choice; if I get off the waitlist at Rush I will revoke my CMS application.

I read somewhere that rfu gives people 2 weeks to decide if they will attend rfu or not, so since the last time I've heard people say I got accepted from this thread was in the week of the 9th, i'm hoping really bad that this week rfu will send out new acceptances. last week's silence was a long dragging week.

since it's getting late, are some of you guys already turned in your amcas app for the 2009 cycle? i read in the rfu thread last year someone mentioning to only apply to a few med schools at first and then add more schools later when you're for sure not getting in to med school in the current cycle. that way you can still get your amcas app verified, work on a few secondaries, and not be burden with a big cost just in case med school pans out in the last minute. i'm considering doing this strategy. i'm just wondering if others are contemplating in doing this too. any suggestions why this might be a bad idea?

since it's getting late, are some of you guys already turned in your amcas app for the 2009 cycle? i read in the rfu thread last year someone mentioning to only apply to a few med schools at first and then add more schools later when you're for sure not getting in to med school in the current cycle. that way you can still get your amcas app verified, work on a few secondaries, and not be burden with a big cost just in case med school pans out in the last minute. i'm considering doing this strategy. i'm just wondering if others are contemplating in doing this too. any suggestions why this might be a bad idea?

I'm using this strategy. Right now I've got two schools on my AMCAS, will expand it later if needed. It seems like a decent idea (especially if you are using your own money!).

i'm also still waiting to hear from RFU...I'm assuming there won't be much movement until closer to when school starts...

I've just been keeping track of the forum as I plan other things for next year.. this movement is slooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I've just been keeping track of the forum as I plan other things for next year.. this movement is slooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Do you think a second wave of waitlist acceptances have been sent out? I get the feeling that they haven't, but I guess it is possible. Good luck guys.

I got a regret letter that was dated June 30th. It doesn't seem like anyone else received one. I don't really know what happened, but just thought I would let you all know.

I am about an hour away from campus and the letter was mailed to me on Monday. I have a friend that lives close to campus and he didn't receive anything in the mail, so hopefully you didn't either.

Has anyone gotten or know someone with a post-interview rejection from RFU this cycle?

yup.. they rejected me last week (or so) via snail mail. oh well, i'm going to my top choice school anyway :)
ps one interview was horrid and i had to do a "third" interview which wasn't much better.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually looking forward to some closure.

Maybe they're making their way through individual applications?

Why does this school have such a low average GPA? Are they looking for something special?