Rosalind vs Carver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImpossibleWhopper

Reaction score
I have several acceptances and have narrowed down to these two schools. Neither is my top choice but if I don’t get a II from that school, then I will have to pick between these two.

My goal is to match gen surg or another surgical specialty.

Rosalind
Pros: in state so I don’t have to move away from my mom or SO, decent match list, p/f classes, and many M1/2 classes can be done at home.

Cons: lack of central hospital, lower tier, lack of mentoring for competitive specialties (according to a current student), did not like it on interview day.

Carver
Pros: loved the interview day, faculty is awesome, Central hospital with many research opportunities, good match list, beautiful campus, plenty of ECs, p/f classes

Cons: far away from home so I’d have to do long distance with my SO, first two years are taught with PA students

Tuition is roughly the same for both but Rosalind may have an advantage because it will allow me to live at home and save money on rent, but I don’t really want to live at home.

Members don't see this ad.