Roseman Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samE.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone willing to explain the Roseman 'block curriculum' for me? I only have experience with other styles of scheduling. How many classes a day? Every day? Are there semesters? How many tests a week?

On their website all I can find about curriculum are self-described 'themes'; Biomedical Foundation, Clinical Practice and Dentistry, Dental Care Foundations, Community Oral Health and Practice, and Patient Assessment and Treatment. Are these the separate blocks that could be considered similar to semesters?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

It essentially functions like any other school that operates on block. For us, there is one didactic class that runs for two weeks followed by a test. Rinse and repeat. What is different is the 90% to pass, group testing as a means of learning, and how remediations are handled compared to other schools that operate on block.

Classes every day, though the didactic lecture is probably around 6/10 4 hour blocks a week. Only one test on average every 2 weeks. We don't have semesters really since testing is once every two weeks. I would encourage you to contact the admissions office with any questions you may have about the pedagogic model.