Roseman University Class of 2027* Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryxndek

D4 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Link to last year's thread: Roseman University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread (2022-2023 cycle)**

Link to interview prep: Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂

Link to school website: Roseman University College of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.27
Science GPA: 3.13
DAT: 19.9AA, 19.5TS, 20.6PAT
Applied: 1,719
OOS: 1,526 Applied, 357 Interviewed, 215 Accepted
IS: 111 Applied, 62 Interviewed, 47 Accepted
International: 82 Applied, 20 Interviewed, 10 Accepted
# Enrolled: 102
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.31
Science GPA: 3.17
DAT: 19.6AA, 19.1TS, 20.0PAT
Applied: 2,052
OOS: 1,813 Applied, 134 Accepted
IS: 120 Applied, 24 Accepted
International: 119 Applied, 4 Accepted
# Enrolled: 100
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.67-3.76
Overall: 2.85-3.84

**Note** Roseman has shifted their curriculum to a 3-year program, making it the second dental school to do so! The class size will also increase to 120, then 136 for 24-25 cycle

Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
Has anyone been able to fill out their supplemental? the link they provided leads me to a blank pink wall, and ive tried different browsers as well. I've tried emailing them and calling them but no luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Roseman friendly to residents in Midwest?
Short answer: yes and no.

Yes, they accept people from the Midwest; we have a few people from North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin... However, a significant proportion of my class is from Utah & Cali.

But, if you are from the Midwest, you can absolutely get accepted into Roseman!
 
From what I understand Kira for Roseman is not the actual interview. Just another supplemental so to speak.
This is correct; it's a pre-interview. You will get an interview based on Kira and your overall application. Make sure to prepare for the Kira though like an interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did you submit the secondary pink form were we paid 75? Because I still haven't gotten KIRA.
Not everyone receives a Kira invitation. Additionally, they usually send out Kira invitations in groups; it might be biweekly. So it might be a little while before you receive a Kira invite.
 
Does anyone know when Roseman starts sending out interview invites?
The first interview date will be September 22nd & September 29th (source: Class Schedule). The next pre-December one that I see is November 3rd. But they normally try to have five pre-December interview dates.
 
Do you happen to know if being on the waitlist the previous cycle helps your chances at all?
Honestly, I couldn't say, but I think if you received an interview the first time, then you should have a good chance of getting another one. Getting an interview means you did well during the kira assessment. They had 2200ish apply to Roseman last cycle, and I believe only around 300-400 people were interviewed. So the fact you made it that far is an accomplishment + being waitlisted. Did you ever receive a decline email?
 
Yes I did On June 26th. Did someone drop?
I don't believe anyone dropped. We took our first assessment (test) on June 28th, and we had 100 people present on the assessment day. But I think you should have a good chance of getting an interview again this cycle. They will probably send out the first round of kira assessments this month; feel free to message me if you have any questions about my application to Roseman or anything about Roseman.
 
I don't believe anyone dropped. We took our first assessment (test) on June 28th, and we had 100 people present on the assessment day. But I think you should have a good chance of getting an interview again this cycle. They will probably send out the first round of kira assessments this month; feel free to message me if you have any questions about my application to Roseman or anything about Roseman.
Okay good to know. I just completed my Kira yesterday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That was quick, I don’t even think they’ve sent interviews yet! Is there any reason why you’ve pulled your app so early?
You're right! They haven't. I've just gotten some other interviews at schools I find more favorable, and I didn't completely think through going to Utah (won't have any connections in the state whatsoever by the time of matriculation and I've heard that a lot of the patient population speaks primarily Spanish [don't know if thats accurate whatsoever, I don't speak Spanish well at all]).

TBH I think I just applied because of the 3 year program allure, but I have recently been thinking over if I'd even want to put myself through that (dental school seems stressful in 4 years already). Also, didn't want to fork over the KIRA fee.

So, didn't withdraw cause of one reason in particular, just several little ones. Should've thought it through more before I submitted the primary app fee for Roseman (maybe should've YOLOd to Harvard instead but thats the way the cookie crumbles in my case)
 
Anyone know the COA for Roseman? I was looking and I think without living expenses the cost is around 290k (just tuition). This doesn't seem too bad to me?? I heard Roseman is a super expensive school so I'm wondering if I am not calculating the tuition correctly.
 
Anyone know the COA for Roseman? I was looking and I think without living expenses the cost is around 290k (just tuition). This doesn't seem too bad to me?? I heard Roseman is a super expensive school so I'm wondering if I am not calculating the tuition correctly.
It used to be. Bc they shifted to 3 year program their costs dropped. So it might sound right. I think with housing it should be under 400k now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know the COA for Roseman? I was looking and I think without living expenses the cost is around 290k (just tuition). This doesn't seem too bad to me?? I heard Roseman is a super expensive school so I'm wondering if I am not calculating the tuition correctly.
Add another $40kish (without living). I am not sure how much they are going to increase living costs. For me (current D1) with the tuition, fees, and everything, it costs $104k for this first year for me (multiply it by 3 years & account for inflation + interest as well). With living, if you get a few roommates you can find nice housing for $700 per month maybe even less.