Roseman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USA1000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a few questions about Roseman. Does anyone know how many classes one can fail in a given year without getting dismissed? What are the dismissal criteria? What are the remediation policies? Has anyone been dismissed or end up remediating the entire year? Is the student handbook (not the catalogue) online?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You take an assessment exam on Friday, if you fail that then you take the same assessment on Monday. If you fail that too, you remediate the week during the summer break. If you have to remediate more than 6 times, you are dismissed from the program. No one knows if anyone is going to be dismissed from the inaugural class because they haven't even finished the first year.
The handbook is found on their website.

When you say "If you have to remediate more than 6 times, you are dismissed from the program." do you mean six exams or six courses? Also, are you allowed to remediate six times during one year or over the entire four years of the program?
By the way, I searched their website all I can find is the catalogue and the residents handbook but not Pre-doctoral student handbook. Can you please post the link for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you say "If you have to remediate more than 6 times, you are dismissed from the program." do you mean six exams or six courses? Also, are you allowed to remediate six times during one year or over the entire four years of the program?
By the way, I searched their website all I can find is the catalogue and the residents handbook but not Pre-doctoral student handbook. Can you please post the link for it?

All this info is online in their program catalogue

I read the catalogue. It does not have a dismissal section which would clearly indicate under what circumstances the college can dismiss a student ...

well.. this is what the school told me..

So you take exams on fridays.. and if you didnt' make 90%, then you retake on mondays.
and if you don't pass monday exam, then you must retake during summer.
and you can not fail more than 6 courses (so during summer, you can take maximum of 6 exams). So if you take 7 exams during summer, then you may not make for D2 or something like that.

There is a facebook page were a lot of the d1 students answer all your questions. Regarding that one, they mentioned that the school will do everything so that you dont get dismissed. Also, they mentioned that very few, like 1% of them ever fail remediation... remember, you need to fail 6 remediations in a year... They way the current students make it sound, it really isnt something you need to worry about. Compared to a lot of their friends in other dental schools, Roseman students feel a lot more relaxed.

From the students I talked to, none of them regret their decision to go to Roseman.

Here is the facebook links
http://www.facebook.com/groups/188204211270852/

6 exams. I think you are stressing about this way too much. The faculty are very committed in seeing their students succeed, and if you don't make the cut the 2nd time you take the assessment, you will have a meeting to discuss what went wrong. Roseman is entirely student-oriented. It's not like in undergrad where you have a problem, you have to suck it up and deal with it. At Roseman you actual get useful support.
If you have more questions, shoot an email to Dr. Harman or call him. He will answer and give time for you, that;s how awesome he is.

And like Logs said, Roseman students probably have the best schedules. They take the assessment on Friday, and no new material is taught until Monday. Essentially, your weekends are free to do whatever you want. Absolutely no studying (unless you want to review the material prior to instruction).
I will be giving up my seat to go to a school that's closer to home. It's not easy dropping this school, I really felt a connection there. Good luck to you all.