Ross c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just scheduled my interview for next week! Glad to have finally heard something back from them!

Members don't see this ad.

Do yall know of anyone who has had an interview, and it's been more than a 2 week mark before they heard back from Ross with a final decision? It seems that everyone so far that has been accepted has heard back within 2 weeks of their interview date.
I had my interview on December 2nd. Still waiting to hear back. My interviewer did say it could possibly be until after the holidays until I heard back.

Hey all! I was hoping to get an opinion... I applied late September and scheduled an interview for the end of January. Because of the timing should I think that I'm under consideration for vet prep? Vet prep wouldn't deter my interest in Ross at all, I was just wanted some insight on if the timing indicates what I'm being considered for. Thanks in advance!
Once they fill the upcoming class, they roll your application over to the next class. Vet Prep’s qualifications are not 100% made public but they supposedly consider lower GPA applicants who could benefit from the additional semester. I don’t think they would offer you vetprep just because you’re later in the cycle. Rolling admissions is weird but you can always ask your admissions contact for clarification. They’re very receptive/responsive!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview this week, any recommendations? I can’t seem to find much about their interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I have my interview this week, any recommendations? I can’t seem to find much about their interview.
My interview with Ross was one of my least stressful interviews, I was just asked basic questions about my experiences and academics.

Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview on December 2nd. Still waiting to hear back. My interviewer did say it could possibly be until after the holidays until I heard back.
I'm in this same boat. My interview was Dec. 6th with Dr. Schroeder (for Summer admissions). She said if I didn't hear back before Christmas it would be early January. I've been checking my portal daily and it was Dec. 22nd I think that my status moved from "Not in Review" to "Pending Review." I checked again just a few minutes ago and it's changed to "In Review." I think there's just been a lag because of holiday break; they're getting around to all of us now!

I'm in this same boat. My interview was Dec. 6th with Dr. Schroeder (for Summer admissions). She said if I didn't hear back before Christmas it would be early January. I've been checking my portal daily and it was Dec. 22nd I think that my status moved from "Not in Review" to "Pending Review." I checked again just a few minutes ago and it's changed to "In Review." I think there's just been a lag because of holiday break; they're getting around to all of us now!
When I had my interview she said that the admissions committee is coming back from the winter break this week so they would be reviewing any interviews from over their break ASAP.

Just got the call that I’m accepted for fall 2022!! Can’t even put into words how happy I am, I would love to chat with other students who are thinking of attending if you’re interested!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call that I’m accepted for fall 2022!! Can’t even put into words how happy I am, I would love to chat with other students who are thinking of attending if you’re interested!
Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking when your interview was, and who it was with? Also, did they email to ask a good time to call or did they just call? Had my interview Dec 1st and I’m waiting on a call back!

Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking when your interview was, and who it was with? Also, did they email to ask a good time to call or did they just call? Had my interview Dec 1st and I’m waiting on a call back!
I interviewed December 3rd with Jeanne, I emailed her today asking if there was an update and she responded asking when a good time to call was. I said to call anytime and she called me right away. I would say reach out if you haven’t heard anything yet

For my interview, the first thing Dr. Schroeder did was tell me a little about herself and what the timeline will be. If you can look up your interviewer ahead of time, it makes for a good opportunity to come up with questions. They don't mind if you ask about them and also gives you an idea of what you can talk about. Dr. S worked was a counselor at previous institutions, so I knew it wouldn't be out of her wheelhouse if I talked a little more about my mental health, which was important because it was directly linked to my past grades.

Then, she talked about grades and study habits. Have an answer for the study habits question! (more about that later) We talked about my grades, of course, and tbh I thought we would spend more time on it but we didn't. If that's not an issue for you then just talk about what you're passionate about and you'll do fine. I've heard that the interviews can be on the short side, but mine went on 53 minutes because of how much I talked about what I wanted to do, and my interviewer never stopped me from talking about it. She was genuinely interested in listening to me.

They really focus on learning about you as a person. I was able to talk about my passion for what I want to do as a DVM (help disadvantaged youth by offering a safe place to work/intern/volunteer where they can also bring their pets and gain work and life skills; and work with wildlife conservation; and maybe education) and that ended up taking up most of the interview time.

Dress nicely (at least from the waist up) and be professional, which goes without saying. It is still an interview. The admissions committee have done a panel on this and one of them mentioned how he really looks out for students whose dream of being a vet has grown (e.g. going from just wanting to be a vet and then discovering a passion for dairy cattle, etc.). Link to the panel video if you have time to watch ---> Ross Vet Admissions Panel Livestream

Definitely watch the Ross 360 campus tour video playlist that they send you; I watched it a few times, noted down the things I found most interesting and found a way to integrate them into my answers. For example, when Dr. S asked me about my study skills, I explained how I've learned that I'm an audio/visual but also TACTILE learner; I've taken some field study courses back in CC where I had to keep a journal and log plants and animals I saw and I still remember these courses the best out of all my classes. I talked about how excited I was that Ross has a toxic plants garden, because I knew I could study the plants in there with a journal like I did those other classes, by drawing and even touching the plants.

Your interviewer will pay attention to things like that. They may write them down. I also had my notepad and told Dr. S ahead of time that I would also be writing down notes, and she was totally fine with that. It shows that you're engaged with the interview and it's not just a one-way street.

Have a few questions ready, they give you time at the end to ask. Even if it's just "how do I bring my pet to the island?" I asked about Dr. S's work from Ross med school and switching to the vet school, if they have a gym, and what mental health resources there are.

The number one thing is to be honest and be yourself!

Once they fill the upcoming class, they roll your application over to the next class. Vet Prep’s qualifications are not 100% made public but they supposedly consider lower GPA applicants who could benefit from the additional semester. I don’t think they would offer you vetprep just because you’re later in the cycle. Rolling admissions is weird but you can always ask your admissions contact for clarification. They’re very receptive/responsive!
I will add to this, when I interviewed, I definitely felt GRILLED on my grades because they were lower. At the end of my interview she said she expected my acceptance to be into the prep program rather than straight into the DVM and I was actually accepted straight into the DVM once the committee reviewed my application post-interview. So even with lower grades, breath, be prepared to answer questions about it as well as study habits and what you’ve found to work best for you.

Also PS for everyone, I was accepted to start in the fall so if anyone is looking to meet potential classmates, feel free to respond or message me!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call minutes ago that I got accepted into Vet Prep for Fall 2022! I am so overwhelmed with emotions.

Ps. For those wondering, my undergrad years were not always kind to me and some of my grades suffered a bit which is likely why.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call this afternoon that I was accepted for Fall 2022! Can't wait to see you all there! :)

Reactions: 4 users
When did you interview and when did they move your app to "In Review" (if you know)??
Hey! I interviewed December 1st with Ms. Jeanice. It moved to In Review a couple days after, and she said I would know right before or right after Christmas. I ended up getting a call yesterday around 3:45ish. But I did email her the day before asking about an update, and she replied that she would call me soon. When did you interview?

Hey! I interviewed December 1st with Ms. Jeanice. It moved to In Review a couple days after, and she said I would know right before or right after Christmas. I ended up getting a call yesterday around 3:45ish. But I did email her the day before asking about an update, and she replied that she would call me soon. When did you interview?
I interviewed Dec 6th and was told the same. Mine was moved to "in review" this past Monday, 1/3.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, how was your interview with Ms. Jeanice? I have my interview with her today so any last minute advice is greatly appreciated!

If you don't mind me asking, how was your interview with Ms. Jeanice? I have my interview with her today so any last minute advice is greatly appreciated!
It was soo chill. She was so sweet! We talked a lot about my experiences, how they compare/contrast and what I like about vet medicine. She asked me about my study habits and how they helped me get my grades. Then she asked a few little questions like how i would feel moving to an island, do i have support, etc. It was a really great experience and it was about 45 mins long, but the time flew! Best of luck on your interview!

It was soo chill. She was so sweet! We talked a lot about my experiences, how they compare/contrast and what I like about vet medicine. She asked me about my study habits and how they helped me get my grades. Then she asked a few little questions like how i would feel moving to an island, do i have support, etc. It was a really great experience and it was about 45 mins long, but the time flew! Best of luck on your interview!
Thank you so much for your input! I am so glad to hear it wasn't too stressful, and praying I am beyond prepared! THANK YOU SO MUCH! And best of luck to you!!!

Thank you so much for your input! I am so glad to hear it wasn't too stressful, and praying I am beyond prepared! THANK YOU SO MUCH! And best of luck to you!!!
You’re welcome! Let me know how it went/how it goes!! I hope you kill it :)

I just noticed this morning that my application status changed from pending review to "in review". For those that have heard back after their interview, how long was your application "in review" before hearing back?

I just noticed this morning that my application status changed from pending review to "in review". For those that have heard back after their interview, how long was your application "in review" before hearing back?
Hi! Mine changed last week on Monday and I haven't heard back yet. I emailed Dr. Schroeder last Thursday and this is what she said:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220112-083855_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-083855_Email.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 126
Hi! Mine changed last week on Monday and I haven't heard back yet. I emailed Dr. Schroeder last Thursday and this is what she said:
Thanks for your reply! I hope you hear back soon!

Hi everyone! I interviewed on dec 6th and my interviewer told me I should receive a decision mid January😬 it’s now the 13th when should I start to worry…

Hi everyone! I interviewed on dec 6th and my interviewer told me I should receive a decision mid January😬 it’s now the 13th when should I start to worry…
I would definitely reach out for an updated timeline!

I also interviewed on December 6th. Who was your interviewer? I had Dr. Schroeder and she told me a week ago that they're still getting around to all the applicants from around our timeline because they went on holiday break shortly after our interviews.

I also interviewed on December 6th. Who was your interviewer? I had Dr. Schroeder and she told me a week ago that they're still getting around to all the applicants from around our timeline because they went on holiday break shortly after our interviews.
I interviewed with Jill Pecoraro! She was super awesome and said I should hear mid January because of the board being on break for Christmas. But it’s mid January now and if I need to apply again next cycle I need to start working soon!!!:(

I would definitely reach out for an updated timeline!
Ok thanks! I was debating on reaching out or just continuing to wait, but I’ll have to start changing some plans based on the outcome! So I’ll definitely reach out! Should I contact my interviewer or someone else?

Ok thanks! I was debating on reaching out or just continuing to wait, but I’ll have to start changing some plans based on the outcome! So I’ll definitely reach out! Should I contact my interviewer or someone else?
I would reach out to your interviewer! I contacted mine and she got back to me quickly.

I would reach out to your interviewer! I contacted mine and she got back to me quickly.
So I don’t actually have her email. I’m looking back and all of our communication was through the [email protected] email that I got notified about my interview through. What do you think I should do? Sorry if you have no idea lol I’m just the first in my family to try to go to vet school and have no friends doing this so I really don’t have anyone else to ask😅 so any input is appreciated!!

So I don’t actually have her email. I’m looking back and all of our communication was through the [email protected] email that I got notified about my interview through. What do you think I should do? Sorry if you have no idea lol I’m just the first in my family to try to go to vet school and have no friends doing this so I really don’t have anyone else to ask😅 so any input is appreciated!!
Take a look at any emails she sent you and they might have her signature at the bottom which will often have the email address. If none do, then you can always try to look her up on their website!

Worst case scenario, you just have to call the school directly. But there's usually a way before that.

Did anyone apply for rolling admissions? Which means....you applied to Ross without having all of your pre-requisites completed? After I take Biochem this spring, all of my pre requisites will be completed. My hopes are to attend Ross in Fall 2022 and I have my interview tomorrow. I haven't heard much on anyone who has applied for rolling admissions and how that works? I plan to ask my interviewer about this. Any insight would be appreciated !

Did anyone apply for rolling admissions? Which means....you applied to Ross without having all of your pre-requisites completed? After I take Biochem this spring, all of my pre requisites will be completed. My hopes are to attend Ross in Fall 2022 and I have my interview tomorrow. I haven't heard much on anyone who has applied for rolling admissions and how that works? I plan to ask my interviewer about this. Any insight would be appreciated !
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by applying for rolling admissions since it's always rolling but I applied without Physics and I am taking it right now

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by applying for rolling admissions since it's always rolling but I applied without Physics and I am taking it right now
I guess what i'm asking is.....say you interview and you get accepted (as long as you pass your remaining classes that are required)....do you automatically get admitted to the class you applied for (Fall, Summer, etc)? Or do they roll you over into the class that isn't full yet. My main concern is that by the time they receive that I have passed my pre recs in may, obviously Fall 2022 interviews will be done and the class will be full....so would they then just admit me to January session? Sorry for the confusion if this doesn't make sense >.<

I guess what i'm asking is.....say you interview and you get accepted (as long as you pass your remaining classes that are required)....do you automatically get admitted to the class you applied for (Fall, Summer, etc)? Or do they roll you over into the class that isn't full yet. My main concern is that by the time they receive that I have passed my pre recs in may, obviously Fall 2022 interviews will be done and the class will be full....so would they then just admit me to January session? Sorry for the confusion if this doesn't make sense >.<
Usually for schools the offer for admission would be “conditional upon completion if prerequisites” As for the specific time you want to start, regardless if prereqs being completed or not, it will depend on the class for that term and if it is filled yet or not but if that class is filled, then you may possibly be offered a spot in the next starting term.

You will be accepted & just have to send in your complete transcript after may. I was accepted to Ross for Fall 2022 with about 3 pre requisites in progress!

Hey! I was accepted 1/10 for fall 2022 (interview 12/17). Does anyone know what color the fall class is? I’m looking to join the Ross Facebook group and my decision letter did not mention a color.

Still waiting to hear from Penn, Wisconsin, LMU, and LIU. However I’ve only had one other interview (LIU) so I’m not hopeful. Also I’m thinking I might choose Ross over LIU if it came down to it.

Hi! For those of you still waiting to receive an interview offer I just got mine after months of not hearing from them!

I received my acceptance into the Fall 2022 class yesterday! Interview (1/3) so just over 2 weeks before I heard back. Ross is my 4th pick but I won't hear back from 2 of the schools until June/July

I received my acceptance into the Fall 2022 class yesterday! Interview (1/3) so just over 2 weeks before I heard back. Ross is my 4th pick but I won't hear back from 2 of the schools until June/July
What’s schools won’t you hear from until June/July?

What’s schools won’t you hear from until June/July?
I'm Canadian so I applied to UCVM and WCVM and they don't interview until march/June respectively and decisions aren't released until June/July 🙃 the permanent waiting game.

I'm Canadian so I applied to UCVM and WCVM and they don't interview until march/June respectively and decisions aren't released until June/July 🙃 the permanent waiting game.
Oh no. You may be stuck paying a deposit at Ross until you hear from them :/

Oh no. You may be stuck paying a deposit at Ross until you hear from them :/
I interviewed at Dublin today so I'm hoping for an acceptance there but if I am rejected I'll definitely be putting a deposit in at Ross.

Fingers crossed for you!!
Thank you! I actually missed my interview with Dublin on Monday because I didn't realize it was in their time zone not mine. Thankfully they rescheduled but I'm hoping that didn't ruin my chances. 🥺

Congrats everyone who's been accepted so far! I'm still waiting to hear back 😩 Starting to feel anxious now, even though I feel like I did well in the interview... My interview was before they went on break 😕

• Care
Hey! I was accepted 1/10 for fall 2022 (interview 12/17). Does anyone know what color the fall class is? I’m looking to join the Ross Facebook group and my decision letter did not mention a color.

Still waiting to hear from Penn, Wisconsin, LMU, and LIU. However I’ve only had one other interview (LIU) so I’m not hopeful. Also I’m thinking I might choose Ross over LIU if it came down to it.
I think its green? I cant remember where I saw it, but I joined the FB group with green so I guess thats what it is!