Ross c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How many days have any of you been on pending review ? Just curious to see how much anyone else has waited 😅🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many days have any of you been on pending review ? Just curious to see how much anyone else has waited 😅🙂
I applied for Fall 2023 in September 2022 through VMCAS - I interviewed on 1/17 and was accepted to the Ross Vet Prep program 1/27 🙂
 
I applied for Fall 2023 in September 2022 through VMCAS - I interviewed on 1/17 and was accepted to the Ross Vet Prep program 1/27 🙂
Wow that was really fast i had my interview on Feb 21 and now im in pending review I hope they get to it as quickly as yours. Also congrats on getting in.
 
Update my application status went from pending review to being reviewed. I hope they let me know soon the anticipation is killing me. 😅💀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! i was accepted in January for fall 2023 and just requested to be added. thanks for making this! i’m still waiting to hear back on a couple of other schools but if it’s okay would like to be apart of the group to learn more about the school [emoji3526]
 
Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same things as me like:
- where am I going to live?
- do I try to get a car?
I’m just trying to get stuff figured out and honestly have no idea where to start. Anyone else feel the same?
 
Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same things as me like:
- where am I going to live?
- do I try to get a car?
I’m just trying to get stuff figured out and honestly have no idea where to start. Anyone else feel the same?
Same! I put my deposit down and now i dont know what else we need to do
 
Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same things as me like:
- where am I going to live?
- do I try to get a car?
I’m just trying to get stuff figured out and honestly have no idea where to start. Anyone else feel the same?
I'm not sure how much cheaper it would be to live off campus, but the few students I spoke to said living on campus the first semester is good because you don't have to stress to find a decent place, you get used to the campus and you don't necessarily need a car (so you have that first semester to find a car and scope out the apartment options).
I believe it is done through the official Facebook group (?) but apparently all the 7th semesters students leaving will sell their cars to the other semesters so it's a "hand-me-down" sort of thing.

I totally understand what you mean though, when I went to a Ross event a few weeks ago, they said we wouldn't be getting any sort of welcome packets or information to get all our ducks in a row until end of May / beginning of June. It makes me anxious that I can't do much now to prepare.

Below are questions I emailed my student ambassador (who is a current first semester, after doing vet prep in the fall) that pertain to housing and cars - hopefully it's helpful!

Do you rent/use a car there? Do you think it’s necessary?
I bought a car down here. Renting is nice since most renters will cover oil changes, tires, and any issues you have with the vehicle. It's not completely necessary the first semester if you are living on campus or make friends with someone who does have a vehicle, but it makes getting around much easier than relying on the busses or friends for transportation anywhere.

Where do you live (on/off campus?) I want to get a single “dorm” for sure…
I live off campus in New Road, it is nice and quiet and kind of close to campus. I never lived in the dorm but if you want a single bedroom, as soon as housing send the email about living on campus, respond to them and say you want to stay on campus in a single. It's first come first serve so it can be difficult to get them unless you have a pet or SO.

Would I be able to stay in the same room for the entire time at Ross? Or do people move a lot?
You are only allowed to live in the dorms the first semester, then you must live off campus, unless you are Canadian. So, once you move off campus, you can sign a lease to live wherever you want for however long you want.
 
hey sorry if this is a dumb question but i didn’t see it on any of my contacts from Ross. How do we pay a deposit when we’re ready to commit?
 
how to you give up your seat? i recently accepted a spot elsewhere and want to free up a spot for someone who’s waiting to go!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who is starting in Fall 2023 started working on housing yet? Ideally I'd live to live on campus but I'm trying to decide whether to take my cats with me or leave them with my parents.
 
Hi! I’ve heard there’s a Facebook group for the upcoming class. Anyone know the name or how to get accepted to the group?
Thanks!
 
Hey guys! I'm just posting the Facebook group link again. This one is just unofficial but if anyone ends up finding an official group lmk! I normally am able to respond to requests within the day, I apologize if there is ever any delay!
 
I know Ross recommends the GRE, what are anyone's thoughts on taking it vs not taking it?
Unless you know you are going to get a good score or willing to study for it then it’s not worth it. I got a bad score and still submitted it since I thought it was required and although I still got into the vet prep program, the interviewer told me I should have never submitted it
 
Unless you know you are going to get a good score or willing to study for it then it’s not worth it. I got a bad score and still submitted it since I thought it was required and although I still got into the vet prep program, the interviewer told me I should have never submitted it
Thanks thats really helpful!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad