Ross rejections??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kRiiS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview for Ross in a couple of weeks and was wondering, has anyone been granted an interview from Ross and then rejected? Do you know what their basis for rejection is? I can't find anyone on this forum that experienced a rejection from Ross. Thanks for any info =)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure it happens, not that i've heard of it. I was accepted for the May class. I will tell you to be prepared for questions about low grades on your app or other weaknesses. Have a good explanation.

I had an interview a little over a month ago, and have yet to hear from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview with Ross on 3/16 and haven't heard from them yet. I've noticed from a few posts on here that it can take up to a month. Keeping my fingers crossed...

This question has actually been eating at me, but I didn't want to ask. Being on here for almost 2 years now, I can't remember a single person every mentioning being rejected from Ross.

I haven't heard of people getting rejected, but I've heard of people not getting accepted into the DVM program right off the bat. They received acceptance into a pre-DVM program where they strengthen their science academic work at Ross and are then automatically accepted into the DVM program for the next term.

I've never heard of anyone getting rejected from Ross either. Always been curious about it as well...

I'm curious too. I've also only seen one person on this forum that was rejected from Edinburgh. Can't remember who...
What does it mean? Maybe this forum just isn't a representative sample of all the applicants.

BTW, it took me about 5-6 weeks to hear from them. It was an acceptance though.

I don't know about Ross, but I was the one rejected from Edinburgh. And I know a couple of people in real life who were, too, over the past few years. That, at least, I think is because people here just don't make up a representative sample of all applicants. Either that or I just fail totally. :p

Either that or I just fail totally. :p

Then how do you explain the acceptance to VMRCVM?!?!? Don't get bogged down by Edinburgh!

I would say that we here on SDN in no way represent a true sample of students.

I'm curious too. I've also only seen one person on this forum that was rejected from Edinburgh. Can't remember who...
What does it mean? Maybe this forum just isn't a representative sample of all the applicants.

I'm sure it wasn't meant this way, but it did sound this way, so...

Ross =/= University of Edinburgh because Ross is not AVMA accredited and U of E is. That makes a difference. I'm sure you know that, but for those who may not... :)

oh geez, sorry! I don't actually feel bad - I was only kidding about that part. Sometimes I guess that doesn't travel well online :)

sorry Pandacinny, I didn't mean to single you out or something! Clearly you are not a failure because you got into vet school! Edinburgh is missing out on you!

I just had my interview yesterday..and I may be the first person you hear about that gets rejected :(

I think I read on their FAQ part of the website that about 600-700 people apply each year and 80-105 are accepted per semester, so clearly not everyone gets in. But I've been told that if you are granted an interview you are most likely in. Maybe not in my case though :scared:

I just had my interview yesterday..and I may be the first person you hear about that gets rejected :(

I think I read on their FAQ part of the website that about 600-700 people apply each year and 80-105 are accepted per semester, so clearly not everyone gets in. But I've been told that if you are granted an interview you are most likely in. Maybe not in my case though :scared:

I believe you mean 80-105 are admitted per semester. There is a big difference.

Read what I wrote again. I DID say "accepted per semester"

Kriis, i believe the misunderstanding is that most Ross classes have well over 100 students who matriculate in each class (zpinkpanther had 137 in her class) and so Ross would have to accept many more applicants than this in order for that number of students to actually matriculate.

The Caribbean schools (and possibly all international vet schools?) must accept more US students per seat available for US students,than perhaps the US schools themselves, due to the fact that many students applying to both US and international schools will end up attending a US school if they are accepted, thus declining the international acceptance.

Hope this helps.

Read what I wrote again. I DID say "accepted per semester"

And I said "admitted per semester". There is a big difference between accepted and admitted.

Accepted = happy letter in the mail.

Admitted = those who actually paid the tuition and show up on the island.