mancreatedgod

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
22
0
Status
because Ross fails at least minimum 5% of classes every semester no matter what you do. And then if your gpa is not over 2.9, you would be forced to stay at Dominica for another 3,4 months.

So generally speaking, suppose that 300 students start a new semester, some will leave voluntarilly because they can't handle the stress or the island life, some will be forced to transfer because they can't get good grades to pass on to the next semester. Then there will be those C, F students. So in the end, probably only 150 will advance to 4th semester without repeating any semesters. by the end of 3rd semester, there would be only about 200 students left.

for those who got into 4th, at least minimum 5% will fail no matter how hard they study. then they will have to repeat 4th semester. And even those who pass 4 semester (16 months) without failing who have gpa lower than 2.9, they will be forced to do "basic science review program" for another 4 months.

so how many actually can come to dominica and finish in 16th months? i don't know the answer.
 

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
1,630
2
41
in hell
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i dont know about others

but I was out in 16 months
 
OP
mancreatedgod

mancreatedgod

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
22
0
Status
yes, but in my class, we started around 300, by the 3rd semester, we only have about 200 left. Then by the 4th semester, I am sure that at least another 30 will fail. Then at least another 40 will have to do BMSI at Dominica.

So in reality, it seems that about 1/2 of the new incoming students will NOT be able to finish the program in 16th months as they have been told.
 

Skip Intro

Registered User
15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
3,377
954
Status
Attending Physician
lmbebo said:
i dont know about others

but I was out in 16 months
Me too. And, I can tell you that Ross was very generous with the way they graded our tests. Likewise, not only did I pass Step 1, Step 2-CK, and Step 2-CS on the first try, I also did very well. Now, I'm going to most likely match into a competitive specialty in a University setting.

I did my part; Ross did their's. Sadly, a lot of people don't "get" this concept.

-Skip
 

erichaj

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2003
756
0
Visit site
Status
Hey, mancreategod,

If you spent as much time on this website (posting 3 different times and answering them all on multiple times) as you did focusing on you medical school studies, you will do just fine.

After you are done with ross, you can run for president of ross and then ask the alumni to donate or change the way ross does business etc.

But first, just graduate. don't you think this is the most important point?

I wish you the best of luck.

EH.
 

nabeya

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
215
15
Oklahoma City
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I'm a 4th semester and I've done fairly well here at Ross but that was with studying my @ss off. I can basically get straight C's this semester and still make it off this island with well above a 2.9.

Your story that you're telling just sounds like a personal problem to me.
mancreatedgod said:
because Ross fails at least minimum 5% of classes every semester no matter what you do. And then if your gpa is not over 2.9, you would be forced to stay at Dominica for another 3,4 months.

So generally speaking, suppose that 300 students start a new semester, some will leave voluntarilly because they can't handle the stress or the island life, some will be forced to transfer because they can't get good grades to pass on to the next semester. Then there will be those C, F students. So in the end, probably only 150 will advance to 4th semester without repeating any semesters. by the end of 3rd semester, there would be only about 200 students left.

for those who got into 4th, at least minimum 5% will fail no matter how hard they study. then they will have to repeat 4th semester. And even those who pass 4 semester (16 months) without failing who have gpa lower than 2.9, they will be forced to do "basic science review program" for another 4 months.

so how many actually can come to dominica and finish in 16th months? i don't know the answer.
 
OP
mancreatedgod

mancreatedgod

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
22
0
Status
I am talking about the 16 months program, not about what I am doing with the 16 months.

in those brochures, or on their web pages, they have never mentioned about BMSI. how many students really like this bmsi program? hardly any. who would like to be forced to spend another extra 4 months at dominica.

if people know that half of the class would not be able to make it through in only 16 months, i doubt that all of them will come.
 

Skip Intro

Registered User
15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
3,377
954
Status
Attending Physician
mancreatedgod said:
I am talking about the 16 months program, not about what I am doing with the 16 months.
We're talking about what you should be doing during those sixteen months, and not what a minority of students actually do during those sixteen months that prevents them from completing the basic sciences in that timeframe.

mancreatedgod said:
in those brochures, or on their web pages, they have never mentioned about BMSI.
In the very first paragraph of this webpage...

http://www.rossmed.edu/Medical_School/1.html

... which says this...

Outlined below are some of Ross University's academic policies on student registration, evaluation, promotion, and related matters. Students are advised to consult the latest edition of the Student Handbook (which includes the Honor Code), the Student Policy on Alcohol & Other Drugs, and the Clinical Student Evaluation take note of faculty announcements in each course.
... is a hotlink to the student manual, which I've also directly linked here...

http://www.rossmed.edu/Medical_School/MedStdtHdbk.pdf

... that fully covers this issue.

Now, if you don't read the information up front that Ross freely provides to anyone interested, how is that Ross' fault?

mancreatedgod said:
how many students really like this bmsi program? hardly any. who would like to be forced to spend another extra 4 months at dominica.
Who cares whether or not they like it? They've demonstrated that they are incapable of achieving satisfactory performance during the pre-clinical coursework, which also correlates highly with performance on licensure exams. Therefore, they get remediation in an attempt to cover any knowledge deficits. Now, if the BMSI course is ineffective, that's a separate issue that the school needs to address. Again, I wouldn't know because I did what I was supposed to do and got off the island in 16 months.

mancreatedgod said:
if people know that half of the class would not be able to make it through in only 16 months, i doubt that all of them will come.
This is hyperbole. A lot of people do decelerate, true. We had a fair share in my class too. But, it certainly was not 'half' the class. Not even close.

-Skip
 

nabeya

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
215
15
Oklahoma City
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
From reading "mancreatedgod" past posts, this guy is definitely starting to sound more and more like preppystud. Same obvious english spelling and grammatical errors and writing style all over the place, and same attitude looking to start a debate everywhere he goes. How long will it be until he's banned under this name? :confused:




mancreatedgod said:
I am talking about the 16 months program, not about what I am doing with the 16 months.

in those brochures, or on their web pages, they have never mentioned about BMSI. how many students really like this bmsi program? hardly any. who would like to be forced to spend another extra 4 months at dominica.

if people know that half of the class would not be able to make it through in only 16 months, i doubt that all of them will come.
 
OP
mancreatedgod

mancreatedgod

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
22
0
Status
ya, you forgot the reason why you ended up at ross, but not harvard.

and those people in the states already rejected you, because they think that you are not a doctor material.