• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

julianneimseis

Apr 24, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am at a newer medical school and there are currently no rules in place for our third year rotations. All students enter a lottery system and if you are "lucky" you have to move to another city. When I interviewed at other schools some had rules in place surrounding there lottery system for third year clinical rotations. The reason I am asking, I am trying to help form a standardized system at our school to help the future classes be a little less stressed and have our lottery go a lot smoother.

Does your school have rules in place?
If yes, what types of rules are in place?

SLC

A Punk Rock Country Doc
10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2010
The Empire
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
We have a match system.

Everyone ranks their preferred sites in a series of mock matches in the fall; the choices are submitted online. Results are run through a few thousand permutations and the best result is published.

From there, students assess their chances of matching to the clinical site they want, and re-adjust their strategy/rankings as needed. In the early winter, the real match occurs where students submit their first choice only. Those who are unmatched after the first real match then re-rank what's left over and are matched accordingly.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.