Rotation of embryonic cell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dencology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys, i came across of this question and i am wondering if anyone knows the answer?

what happens when you take an embryonic cell and rotate it 180 degrees?

Members don't see this ad.

guys, i came across of this question and i am wondering if anyone knows the answer?

what happens when you take an embryonic cell and rotate it 180 degrees?

Very interesting! Maybe the pigment on the surface on the cell also rotate?

Members don't see this ad :)
I found this on Wiki :
Blastocyte formation begins at day 5[1]. Differential expression of cells in the morula is thought to be the cause of the lineage divergence of different cell types. For example, the Oct-3/4 transcription factor is restricted to the ICM, whereas Cdx2 is expessed at a higher level in the trophoblast than the ICM. This differential transcription factor expression is likely to be the result of positional effect - cells in the middle of the preceding zygote are in a different environment to those on the outside, thus causing differential expression.

So maybe since the embryoblast would be flipped it would mess with the 3 germ layers??? Just a guess :confused:

I found this on Wiki :
Blastocyte formation begins at day 5[1]. Differential expression of cells in the morula is thought to be the cause of the lineage divergence of different cell types. For example, the Oct-3/4 transcription factor is restricted to the ICM, whereas Cdx2 is expessed at a higher level in the trophoblast than the ICM. This differential transcription factor expression is likely to be the result of positional effect - cells in the middle of the preceding zygote are in a different environment to those on the outside, thus causing differential expression.

So maybe since the embryoblast would be flipped it would mess with the 3 germ layers??? Just a guess :confused:

not a bad try at all. This question may show on our test, who knows? they heard they ask twisted questions like this.