Rotations at AZCOM?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by tjmDO, Jul 31, 2002.

1. tjmDO

tjmDO Vascular Surgery Fellow
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Can anyone tell me about the rotations at AZCOM. How are they, where are they, ambulatory or hospital based? etc?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

It is my understanding that both ambulatory and hospital rotations are available. A certain number of the rotations must be in Arizona, but after that you have the ability to arrrange rotations in other states.

4. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

i'm not exactly sure how to work the search but we had a great thread on this topic not too long ago. You can have a preceptor based rotation where you learn directly from a physician. No third year, fourth year, intern, resident ladder. You also have the option of doing a hospital based rotation where you learn all about grand rounds and how that all works. Tedsadoc is someone who has taught a lot regarding this topic so maybe try to search for those responses as well. I am sold on the idea and feel that it will be incredible benefitial to learn one on one with someone who already knows the ropes.

5. tln666

tln666 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've had the pleasure of interviewing there and have asked the students as well as staff about their rotations and heard a terrible thing that no one would give me a straight answer to. There was rumor that a local hospital/teaching facility/clinical program that "boycotted" DO students for whatever reason. This made me hesitant. Can anyone confirm or better yet denounce this horrible hearsay?

6. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

tln--- any idea on the name of the hospital??? Pheonix is quite large and there are quite a few hospitals in the area. To be honest, all i care about is that MAYO allows us to do stuff there!!Everywhere you go you'll run into crap like that. If you are interested in the school i wouldn't focus on what one person/hospital may think. Maybe the hospital had to contract with UofA and they made them sign something or loose that school-- who knows?? They have been talking of putting a DO school in Utah and the UofUtah is very much against it-- is it because a DO school produces bad docs?????.......NO! it's all about $$$$$$$

7. tedsadoc2002

tedsadoc2002 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi

If you are interested in the facts, send me a PM I will let you in on what's up.

ted, D.O.
    Emergency Medicine-PGY-1
    somewhere in the city