Rotations at AZCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjmDO

Vascular Surgery Fellow
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the rotations at AZCOM. How are they, where are they, ambulatory or hospital based? etc?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It is my understanding that both ambulatory and hospital rotations are available. A certain number of the rotations must be in Arizona, but after that you have the ability to arrrange rotations in other states.

i'm not exactly sure how to work the search but we had a great thread on this topic not too long ago. You can have a preceptor based rotation where you learn directly from a physician. No third year, fourth year, intern, resident ladder. You also have the option of doing a hospital based rotation where you learn all about grand rounds and how that all works. Tedsadoc is someone who has taught a lot regarding this topic so maybe try to search for those responses as well. I am sold on the idea and feel that it will be incredible benefitial to learn one on one with someone who already knows the ropes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had the pleasure of interviewing there and have asked the students as well as staff about their rotations and heard a terrible thing that no one would give me a straight answer to. There was rumor that a local hospital/teaching facility/clinical program that "boycotted" DO students for whatever reason. This made me hesitant. Can anyone confirm or better yet denounce this horrible hearsay?

tln--- any idea on the name of the hospital??? Pheonix is quite large and there are quite a few hospitals in the area. To be honest, all i care about is that MAYO allows us to do stuff there!!Everywhere you go you'll run into crap like that. If you are interested in the school i wouldn't focus on what one person/hospital may think. Maybe the hospital had to contract with UofA and they made them sign something or loose that school-- who knows?? They have been talking of putting a DO school in Utah and the UofUtah is very much against it-- is it because a DO school produces bad docs?????.......NO! it's all about $$$$$$$

Hi

If you are interested in the facts, send me a PM I will let you in on what's up.

ted, D.O.
Emergency Medicine-PGY-1
somewhere in the city