rotations/study abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amiandi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
At one point I was considering attending medical school in Europe, but think it will be too much of a hassle. However, i still want to spend time abroad studying medicine. I speak German at a decent conversation level, but not enough to attend medical school courses in the language (tried it). Are there schools out there that will allow more than a rotation abroad? Something like 1/2-1 year abroad? Any help would be appreciated. :}

:p :p :p :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will be hard-pressed to find a US school that will allow you spend that much time abroad or away from the main campus. During your 4th year you do have elective time and can most likely arrange a rotation at a German school, but in general your elective time would amount to several weeks, not months.

There is an American student studying in Germany by the name of William Burke posting on the International Forum, he might be able to give you some advice about coming over, but again, I think it would only be for a short duration as a final year elective (provided your US school approves it).

Another option is to take a year off if you want to study in Germany; some schools may allow you to do this.