Rotations without fees that offer room and board?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Castaway1919

Reaction score
Does anyone know of hospital rotations that don’t charge scheduling fees and have some kind of room and board and/ or travel allowance? Extremely limited budget

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of hospital rotations that don’t charge scheduling fees and have some kind of room and board and/ or travel allowance? Extremely limited budget
Pretty sure these don't exist unless you are a minority. They have "diversity scholarships" were they pay you (~1-2k) to do an away rotation at their program, but for everyone else I've never heard of a free rotation with housing.

The best way to find free rotations is to seek them out individually by speaking to a physician. However, this can be quite tricky do to with their busy schedules and contact information is pretty hard to come by. I've never heard of any that allow free room and board in any instance. There are many rotation agencies out there, but they charge a pretty hefty fee. Sorry I don't have better news or advice for you :(

Cleveland Clinic had a students dorm they could give you at least for rooming, but you still had your own expenses. Med school is expensive, now is not the time to skimp.