Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ema

Biti ili ne biti?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to DO schools.I was wondering if someone could tell me which schools arrange the rotations in 3rd and 4th year for the students, in which schools students do not have to move around and find rotations themselves.Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

PCOM fits that bill.....you can move around some if you want, but staying in Philly is no prob if thats what you prefer.

OSU-COM arranges all of your required rotations. We have our own teaching hospital right near the campus, or you can choose to do the majority of your required rotations in Oklahoma City. You can do your elective rotations wherever you want--you set them up, but the school does have resources to help you find preceptors if you don't have connections.

Members don't see this ad :)
3rd year at COMP is now on a lotery system, with all the rotations sites within 50 miles of campus; something like 75% of the class got one of thier top 5 choices, 50% of us got our first choice of 3rd year order and sites. 4th year is a little more open; we only have 3 electives then 7 electives. from what i hear, we have the option of setting 4th year up on our own, but the rotations office will help you as much or as little as you want with finding/scheduling rotations.

TheFish005 said:
3rd year at COMP is now on a lotery system, with all the rotations sites within 50 miles of campus; something like 75% of the class got one of thier top 5 choices, 50% of us got our first choice of 3rd year order and sites. 4th year is a little more open; we only have 3 electives then 7 electives. from what i hear, we have the option of setting 4th year up on our own, but the rotations office will help you as much or as little as you want with finding/scheduling rotations.
Touro NV has pretty much the same deal with a lottery system for rotation sites. If Box or someone else is around there they can confirm this, but I believe all the rotation sites are within about 10 miles. I think there's two elective rotations 3rd year.

Taus said:
PCOM fits that bill.....you can move around some if you want, but staying in Philly is no prob if thats what you prefer.

Uhhh, I wouldn't say that. There were a couple of people in my group that had to do away rotations and they have families locally. In general that may be true but I would count on doing 1 or 2 rotations away per year.

There are a lot of osteopathic hospitals here in Michigan, so here at MSUCOM we get to choose one of them to do our rotations at. It is competitive to get into one of the hospitals that are right in Lansing (where MSUCOM is based) but most of the others are in the Detroit area, which isn't really that far away (~90 miles), and once you know where you're headed then you don't have to worry about having to move around anymore after that.

On the TUCOM-CA website, they have a list of affiliated hospitals (most of them in Cali)..but they also say that students can make arrangements with hospitals not on the list. I would prefer to do my rotations in the Chicago area...do you think this is possible? :)

CCOM does it for you. All rotations in greater chicago.

VCOM arranges all of your 3rd year for you. You may have to move.. but everything is within a ~150 mile radius. Or you can stay here in Blacksburg, but generally you have to have a hardship reason such as having kids in school, etc... not all that got assigned here have kids though...

OU-COM has a lottery system as well with the last stats I heard being about 80-some % getting their first choice for rotation site (a computer matches the students, placing as many at their 1st choice as it can). There are about 14 hospitals in the Ohio CORE system with several of the hospitals allowing students to rotate at other hospitals nearby.

P.S. The rotations (minus O"Blenness in Athens, OH) are located elsewhere in the state. But two years in Athens, OH is good enough for me!

ImNoSuperman said:
OU-COM has a lottery system as well with the last stats I heard being about 80-some % getting their first choice for rotation site (a computer matches the students, placing as many at their 1st choice as it can). There are about 14 hospitals in the Ohio CORE system with several of the hospitals allowing students to rotate at other hospitals nearby.

OSU-COM has a lottery system as well. There are only 2 hospitals for Core rotations (OKC and Tulsa), and only people who are in contested locations/dates are entered into the lottery.