Jun 27, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi all, I was recently accepted and am now at the phase of being paranoid something will go wrong.

For a certain volunteer obligation I projected to have 300 hours done by July. However due to COVID I may have only 286. Do you think this is acceptable?

Also, for a doctor I shadow I was planning to have another 25 hours by July. However with the virus he's only doing televisits right now and I am not sure when he will be free to shadow again, if at all.

Do you think these discrepancies could get me into trouble or do you my school will be understanding?

I was planning to send in an update letter closer to July to break down exactly what I've done in detail, as some positions became slightly different than what I had initially put in my AMCAS app.

Do you think my acceptance could be put into jeporady at all from these discrepancies?

Moko

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi all, I was recently accepted and am now at the phase of being paranoid something will go wrong.

For a certain volunteer obligation I projected to have 300 hours done by July. However due to COVID I may have only 286. Do you think this is acceptable?

Also, for a doctor I shadow I was planning to have another 25 hours by July. However with the virus he's only doing televisits right now and I am not sure when he will be free to shadow again, if at all.

Do you think my acceptance could be put into jeporady at all from these discrepancies?
No, you are going to be fine. If you don't unclench your butt and relax, you should be more concerned about developing a massive hemorrhoid. Congrats on your acceptance. Do something fun (but safe!) if you can before starting school in the fall. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.