You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Royal Veterinary College (London)
Started by sheep girl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I too am interviewing with RVC. I have the same questions as you. If I hear anything from anywhere, I'll let you know. Can you do the same?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish I could I could help prep you for interview questions, but I was accepted without an interview. They must have started a real interview process after my time. However, if you have more questions about the program...that I can do! I graduated from RVC in 2005- so I haven't forgotten everything about London yet!
I'm sorry if this is too off-topic for this thread and I've hijacked it. I know many of you have interviews coming up. Break a leg on those!
I was wondering if anyone else was still waiting to hear from RVC? I called them this morning to ask what the deal with decision notification was since I haven't heard a peep since submitting my VMCAS application (though i assume they got it since every other school did).
They said all the San Francisco invites had gone out and they thought all the New York invites had gone out, but she wasn't sure. She said however, that I might not hear until the end of February or even beginning of March, but if I haven't gotten an interview invite it wasn't probable. If they know that why do they have to wait until March to let us know!?
So theres that information if you were wondering. Has anyone else heard anything different? I am in this situation with a few other schools (VA-MD, Auburn, Penn, Edinburgh) and while we all keep positive and believe "no news is good news" its hard to stay positive. It's hard enough to wait for Wisconsin...i guess this is the torture we inflict on ourselves!
I was wondering if anyone else was still waiting to hear from RVC? I called them this morning to ask what the deal with decision notification was since I haven't heard a peep since submitting my VMCAS application (though i assume they got it since every other school did).
They said all the San Francisco invites had gone out and they thought all the New York invites had gone out, but she wasn't sure. She said however, that I might not hear until the end of February or even beginning of March, but if I haven't gotten an interview invite it wasn't probable. If they know that why do they have to wait until March to let us know!?
So theres that information if you were wondering. Has anyone else heard anything different? I am in this situation with a few other schools (VA-MD, Auburn, Penn, Edinburgh) and while we all keep positive and believe "no news is good news" its hard to stay positive. It's hard enough to wait for Wisconsin...i guess this is the torture we inflict on ourselves!
I'm sorry if this is too off-topic for this thread and I've hijacked it. I know many of you have interviews coming up. Break a leg on those!
I was wondering if anyone else was still waiting to hear from RVC? I called them this morning to ask what the deal with decision notification was since I haven't heard a peep since submitting my VMCAS application (though i assume they got it since every other school did).
They said all the San Francisco invites had gone out and they thought all the New York invites had gone out, but she wasn't sure. She said however, that I might not hear until the end of February or even beginning of March, but if I haven't gotten an interview invite it wasn't probable. If they know that why do they have to wait until March to let us know!?
So theres that information if you were wondering. Has anyone else heard anything different? I am in this situation with a few other schools (VA-MD, Auburn, Penn, Edinburgh) and while we all keep positive and believe "no news is good news" its hard to stay positive. It's hard enough to wait for Wisconsin...i guess this is the torture we inflict on ourselves!
I haven't heard a word either. Sent an e-mail to find out an update and the person was "unavailable" all week. I figure if I haven't heard by now it's a big fat NO.
Sent an e-mail to find out an update and the person was "unavailable" all week. I figure if I haven't heard by now it's a big fat NO.
The woman i spoke to said that her associate who knew more was out today - so its probably the same person. If you hear back something different please keep me posted!
I'm totally thinking the "big fat NO" bit, i just wish they would tell us! Well we can just add that to the list of things we wish about vet school admissions!
Ooops! My bad--both the interview and the information session are held in the Chancellor's Room on the Laurel Heights campus. Hope that helps!
I'm assuming that means you're talking about the actual school in London? Because I was talking about the interviews in NYC.
oops! I guess I assumed that since you were talking about a campus, you meant the RVC campus. The interviews in NY are being held in some random office building, and I thought the San Francisco interviews would be done the same way. I should probably just e-mail them to find out.
Hey guys!
I'm at RVC right now... I'm from Ontario, Canada.
This is the first year that RVC is using VMCAS, let alone conducting interviews. Last year those of us who were accepted internationally simply received a FedEX/Purolator package with a "Welcome to RVC!" letter. Sounds too good to be true, but no interviews.
There are rumors that RVC is taking in a LOT of international students this year! That's a good thing for you guys! Other than that, all that I can tell you is that you'll be the second year of a brand new curriculum. They didn't even tell us that last year, but my year is the first for this and it seems okay so far..?
PM me if you have any questions.. I know it's hard to find people from RVC on this thing, let alone anyone who will be able to answer any relevant questions about curriculum since it all just changed!
Good luck!!
I'm at RVC right now... I'm from Ontario, Canada.
This is the first year that RVC is using VMCAS, let alone conducting interviews. Last year those of us who were accepted internationally simply received a FedEX/Purolator package with a "Welcome to RVC!" letter. Sounds too good to be true, but no interviews.
There are rumors that RVC is taking in a LOT of international students this year! That's a good thing for you guys! Other than that, all that I can tell you is that you'll be the second year of a brand new curriculum. They didn't even tell us that last year, but my year is the first for this and it seems okay so far..?
PM me if you have any questions.. I know it's hard to find people from RVC on this thing, let alone anyone who will be able to answer any relevant questions about curriculum since it all just changed!
Good luck!!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Of course it doesn't mean that! They actually told us all that we'd be hearing from them in 2-3 weeks, so I was REALLY surprised when I got that e-mail. I guess they just liked the fact that I remembered a bit of the vertebrate anatomy and biochemistry they asked me.
Hey guys!
I've seen a few of you have been accepted to RVC -- congrats!!!
Just wanted to let you know there is an International Student group on Facebook, as well as groups for new students... PM me and I'll give you my contact info if you want to add me or whatnot...
For those of you still waiting, don't fret! Rumor has it they're sending out 100 acceptances to internationals! 🙂
Cheers guys!

I've seen a few of you have been accepted to RVC -- congrats!!!
Just wanted to let you know there is an International Student group on Facebook, as well as groups for new students... PM me and I'll give you my contact info if you want to add me or whatnot...
For those of you still waiting, don't fret! Rumor has it they're sending out 100 acceptances to internationals! 🙂
Cheers guys!

I actually called them two days ago. I haven't heard anything from them since submitting the application. They told me that even if I hadn't been invited for an interview that nothing was final yet. It seemed a bit strange, but he told me that the hope to figure everything out in the next 3 weeks. So hold on to your hats if you are still waiting I guess.
The only email I have for RVC is from the VMSAR. That email is [email protected]. Its probably not the best method of contacting them, but you could always try it. You could also just try that email and ask who to contact about checking the status of your application.
is anyone else still anxiously waiting for theM? 😛
Yes, waiting. Not exactly anxiously- haven't heard anything so I take that as a no, which is fine!
Yes, waiting. Not exactly anxiously- haven't heard anything so I take that as a no, which is fine!
samme here...😳
Just got offered an interview in NYC for March 31/April 1st. Thought all hope was lost! 😳
Just got offered an interview in NYC for March 31/April 1st. Thought all hope was lost! 😳
congratulations!! 🙂 hehe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey..has anyone still not heard anything from RVC? i haven't heard anything since receiving the postcard that they received my app..so does that mean that i'm out?![]()
I still haven't heard anything either. If you look on 2-28 i posted that they said nothing was final and we should hear in about three weeks. That was just over two weeks ago. I was going to give it till the middle of next week and call again!
I never received a postcard saying they received my app - did everyone? I assumed they received it because every other school did and when i called noone said anything! Now im ->

I still haven't heard anything either. If you look on 2-28 i posted that they said nothing was final and we should hear in about three weeks. That was just over two weeks ago. I was going to give it till the middle of next week and call again!
I never received a postcard saying they received my app - did everyone? I assumed they received it because every other school did and when i called noone said anything! Now im ->![]()
hey...yeah i saw your earlier post..but then i noticed someone got an interview at the end of march..i don't know if everyone received the postcard..it mite have gotten lost in the mail..but i'm sure they got your app since VMCAS is responsible for that..but you should call them on monday and see what the deal is..i was gonna try calling them monday morning to have them check on my app status...lemme know if you hear anything..i'll keep you posted on what i find out..
I got an acceptance email this morning. They said that it took their panelists a long time to fill all the positions. Good luck to you all!
You got an ACCEPTANCE or interview today? When did you interview? How many slots did they fill? I know they had 280 some North American applicants,and interview 150 of them for 60 seats.
I'm confused!
Got an acceptance today. They said for some reason, they posted several offer packets on March 4th that haven't reached their destinations. They said they would resend one today to me.
Got an acceptance today. They said for some reason, they posted several offer packets on March 4th that haven't reached their destinations. They said they would resend one today to me.
Did you previously INTERVIEW there???
RVC's the only school I got into. I would go in a heartbeat, only I'm hesitant to drag my 3 elderly cats across the Atlantic. I've corresponded with a few of the RVC-ers on here about that, but would love to hear from any others who're in a similar boat, or have been in a similar boat!
😕
😕
Got my rejection email today (finally!). Pretty much was expecting it to come so was really just waiting for it!
I thought it was interesting that they said "Competition for places has been particularly high this year - we have received 287 applications from North America compared with 137 last year". Thats a big jump in one year!
I thought it was interesting that they said "Competition for places has been particularly high this year - we have received 287 applications from North America compared with 137 last year". Thats a big jump in one year!
Yuppers- my interview is tomorrow morning! Had a great weekend in NYC with my husband and we're leaving tomorrow evening. Anxiously awaiting the interview... thanks to those of you who gave me insight into the RVC interview "process"! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
THANK YOU for all the good wishes and to those of you who answered some of my frantic (and numerous) questions about RVC and the interview! It seemed to go "well" but you never know. If they don't like me I can't change that! 😀
Hey guys,
I saw this thread and was just wondering if anyone ever heard back after their interviews, and what were they like?
Also, (sorry to get slightly off-track) but did all of you have at least a 3.4 GPA? I know that's what they say they're looking for minimum, but I don't have that (3.2) and i'm really worried because RVC is my number 1 choice by far, and i'd really love to go there but don't have a chance at brining up my GPA before applications.
just curious. 😀
Thanks all!
I saw this thread and was just wondering if anyone ever heard back after their interviews, and what were they like?
Also, (sorry to get slightly off-track) but did all of you have at least a 3.4 GPA? I know that's what they say they're looking for minimum, but I don't have that (3.2) and i'm really worried because RVC is my number 1 choice by far, and i'd really love to go there but don't have a chance at brining up my GPA before applications.
just curious. 😀
Thanks all!
Also, (sorry to get slightly off-track) but did all of you have at least a 3.4 GPA? I know that's what they say they're looking for minimum, but I don't have that (3.2) and i'm really worried because RVC is my number 1 choice by far, and i'd really love to go there but don't have a chance at brining up my GPA before applications.
just curious. 😀
Thanks all!
I applied to RVC, Edinburgh, and Glasgow and my GPA was a 3.16. I only got into Glasgow, but I was told by a Scot who went to Edinburgh that the UK schools will often talk and decide who wants who to eliminate the after competition (i.e. they make the decision for you). So he says that may have been why I only got into one. Just something to think about if you were considering the Scottish schools too.
Also, just be prepared that if you get to an interview they will probably want you to defend any low grades and talk about how you think you would fare/why you believe you could handle the tough courseload. They asked me to do that for Glasgow.
Hope that helps some!
I was in their 2nd round of interviews and was accepted. I decided not to go there for a few reasons. The main reasons were financial and my husband needing to pick up his law career and just leave (that would be incredibly stupid) but mainly I really did not like their curriculum. I'm older and didn't want to be surrounded by 200 18 and 19 year old kids (no offense 🙄), I didn't want to add an additional year (especially at OOS prices) and it just wasn't for me.
The interview was interesting...very socratic. They'd ask me a question then lead me to an answer, then lead to another, etc. Very different. Also, one of my interviewers answered and responded to not one, not two, but THREE text messages DURING my interview. Very rude to us but it's their culture.
They asked some specific questions and I just kept saying "I don't know." Better than trying to b.s. the people who know the answers!
I had a 3.35 GPA overall and science and last 45. Nothing great.
Overall it was an interesting experience and if I was younger and not married (and without 3 cats and a dog) I would definitely have considered it! Had I NOT gotten in to two schools in the States I would have definitely considered it. Good luck!
The interview was interesting...very socratic. They'd ask me a question then lead me to an answer, then lead to another, etc. Very different. Also, one of my interviewers answered and responded to not one, not two, but THREE text messages DURING my interview. Very rude to us but it's their culture.
They asked some specific questions and I just kept saying "I don't know." Better than trying to b.s. the people who know the answers!
I had a 3.35 GPA overall and science and last 45. Nothing great.
Overall it was an interesting experience and if I was younger and not married (and without 3 cats and a dog) I would definitely have considered it! Had I NOT gotten in to two schools in the States I would have definitely considered it. Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 842
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K