Royal Veterinary College (London)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I was just reading through the thread and those of you who had the 1st round of interview (in Feb) were not very impressed with your interviewers and vice versa. When I had my interview this Monday, I fell in love with my interviewers and they def. made me feel special. So I'm wondering whether you guys had different ones.. Were they both male professors? You can pm me with their names if you don't want to write their names here..
 
I had a male professor who worked in infectious diseases and a female who was a neurologist. They were both actually pretty nice now that I think of it again, they just asked tough questions. I wouldn't say they made me feel "special" but it was my first interview and I would say they made me as comfortable as I was going to get in that situation.

Congrats on your acceptance!
 
Hey all,

I was just reading through the thread and those of you who had the 1st round of interview (in Feb) were not very impressed with your interviewers and vice versa. When I had my interview this Monday, I fell in love with my interviewers and they def. made me feel special. So I'm wondering whether you guys had different ones.. Were they both male professors? You can pm me with their names if you don't want to write their names here..

Actually, I was extremely impressed with them, and got the impression that I made a good impression on them as well. Both replied to my thank-you notes, and I had discussion with one of them in the lunch break, before I left for the day.

I had a male professor who worked in infectious diseases and a female who was a neurologist. They were both actually pretty nice now that I think of it again, they just asked tough questions. I wouldn't say they made me feel "special" but it was my first interview and I would say they made me as comfortable as I was going to get in that situation.

Congrats on your acceptance!

I had the same folks: Professor Andrew Rycroft and Dr. Kate Chandler. I was their first interview of the day, and I got no sense that they were anything other than involved in the process.

He actually said to me in his email reply that "I'm glad it wasn't too stressful for you. We need to push people a little to see what is inside and that can be quite a tough experience." Makes total sense to me.

And, 2BaVet, ditto, congrats on your acceptance. Perhaps see you in September. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I mentioned my feelings earlier about the interview... but yes, to be honest I really didn't get a very "special" feeling at all.
Actually,... after my answer to the first question of the day ("How far away are you coming from?") they made some anti-american gas-wasting comment. Ya, didn't really make me feel "special"... 😳

Actually even in the information session, I personally felt there was a slight air of superiority to Americans, with comments like "We're not so arrogant as to want everyone to refer to us as Doctor, like you are here in the U.S.". And I'm not paraphrasing, that was verbatim.

My interviewers were an older gentleman and a blond-haired woman, although I can't remember their names. (I had my Glasgow interview the day before, and so I keep confusing them...) 🙂 Anyway, I'd have to look it up.
I mean, I know it's supposed to be hard, and put you in the hot seat, but... meh. I deffinitely got more warm-and-fuzzy's about American students from Glasgow. : /
 
So, we had different interviewers then.. Because I can't imagine my interviewers to say things like that... They were really really nice and a lot of fun! We laughed the whole time.. So, you guys should know that there are some really cool prof.s out there at RVC ! 🙂 And don't get discouraged by the ones u met... But I agree, glasgow interviewers were pretty nice too.. not as much fun though lol🙂
 
I think I mentioned my feelings earlier about the interview... but yes, to be honest I really didn't get a very "special" feeling at all.
Actually,... after my answer to the first question of the day ("How far away are you coming from?") they made some anti-american gas-wasting comment. Ya, didn't really make me feel "special"... 😳

Actually even in the information session, I personally felt there was a slight air of superiority to Americans, with comments like "We're not so arrogant as to want everyone to refer to us as Doctor, like you are here in the U.S.". And I'm not paraphrasing, that was verbatim.

My interviewers were an older gentleman and a blond-haired woman, although I can't remember their names. (I had my Glasgow interview the day before, and so I keep confusing them...) 🙂 Anyway, I'd have to look it up.
I mean, I know it's supposed to be hard, and put you in the hot seat, but... meh. I deffinitely got more warm-and-fuzzy's about American students from Glasgow. : /

I also want to add that one of the prof.s from my interview has worked with 5 different U.S. vet schools, so he knew the U.S. system pretty well and he appreciates the U.S. students a lot. During their presentation they were the opposite of your interviewers, they thought the BVetMed degree was supposed to be (or they wanted it to be) a doctors degree like in U.S. but it somehow didn't work or sth.. May be your interviewers were mad at that and that's why made that comment lol. But in general, I felt like they were impressed by american students because we have been to a college for 4 years and we have so much more experience and advantages over the british students.. And my interviewers seemed to really know this fact and appreciate it a lot.
 
I think I mentioned my feelings earlier about the interview... but yes, to be honest I really didn't get a very "special" feeling at all.

Actually,... after my answer to the first question of the day ("How far away are you coming from?") they made some anti-american gas-wasting comment. Ya, didn't really make me feel "special"... 😳

Actually even in the information session, I personally felt there was a slight air of superiority to Americans, with comments like "We're not so arrogant as to want everyone to refer to us as Doctor, like you are here in the U.S.". And I'm not paraphrasing, that was verbatim.

That seems incredibly rude of them to say that. But keep in mind, what seems impolite to us, may be their sense of humor. Comments like that may have been intended to be light-hearted and unoffensive, even if they didn't smile or laugh. During our presentation, the prof kept making funny jokes but he didn't laugh or smile at them, even though we did. Of course, I wasn't at your interview so it's hard to say. I'm sure there are unfriendly professors at every school and friendly ones too, so don't make your decision based on your impression of only 2. There are some 200 or more faculty members at RVC, so don't worry about it.
 
I'm still on the fence. After reading through the welcome packet it got me all excited and wanting to go there, but then I start thinking about how much more expensive it is going to be and it pushes me the other way. For those of you going there, are you going to have some sort of help other than loans?

Does anyone know how often most graduates from the United States travel home? Do they spend their summers in the US or UK? I don't think 5 years abroad would be too hard if I'm at least able to come home for a few months out of the year, but I guess that too all depends on where you do your extra mural studies.

Such a huge decision!
 
Sognidoro, I think you will certainly be able to come home for summers. The year starts in late September and ends in late May. Your first 2 years you do 6 weeks EMS each year, so that leaves a lot of time for home. You have about 2-3 weeks off at Xmas and then 3 weeks around easter that can pretty much be used for all your EMS if you want to be home in summer. The only exception might be between your 4th and 5th year when you'll have to start doing clinical rotations.

I'm on the fence too, but I think I'm leaning away. I've already lived in London and as much as I want to go back right away, I think it would be best to go to a cheaper school, graduate a year earlier, and then consider going there if I still wanted too very badly. I think I'm going to choose Edinburgh now because it has the 4 year option and Edinburgh is still an amazing city. It would save me a lot of money and I am not sacrificing having an awesome experience by going there. What other school(s) are you considering Sognidoro?
 
Hi hopefulvet21, I know this was from another thread, but, thanks for the advice about davis vs edinburgh. still on the fence, but, you had a goo list of pros and cons.
 
no problem! I'm glad it was helpful. I can elaborate on Edinburgh if you want since I visited there also and stayed with some vet students. I've been trying to get some email responses from some of the students, but I think they are all lambing right now...so PM me if I can be of any more help!
 
Can anyone elaborate on exactly how much "directed learning" (read- PBL) makes up the newer curriculum? Does anyone know if it's like one or two PBL sessions per lecture class, or a couple a week, or... ?

I'm just curious, since I like the idea, but at the same time, I don't necessarily want it to be a big part of my curriculum. It's one reason I was trying to stay away from Western... don't want that to be the only way I'm able to learn.
Any thoughts ...?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I came to a decision last night, I'm not going to go to RVC. It's due to financial reasons mainly. As much as I would love to live in London, I don't think it's realistic for me at this point and being debt for the rest of my career is just too risky. Since I didn't get into my IS school I'm going to apply for a masters in public health to start this fall...and then maybe reapply to my IS again. Not sure though. I'm sad I don't have the dream of going to school in London anymore...but I will be envious of all of you that are going! Good luck and thanks to everyone for their discussions (esp. you hopeful!!)
 
oohh Sognidoro, that makes me sad. But I completely understand. I've pretty much come to terms with the price of the school as well, and it just doesn't seem reasonable when there are other options. I think you are making a very good choice, London isn't going anywhere and this probably won't be your only opportunity to go. By saving the money you'll be putting yourself in a better position to travel and do other things you love that cost money later on. Good luck!! 🙂
 
It's sad that you are not coming Sognidoro... But, I truly believe everything happens for a reason and if this is your choice, everything will work out for the best. I hope u'll get into your IS school this next cycle!

And hopefulvet21... I've been reading your posts about RVC for soooo long and it kind of feels sad that you are leaning away from it. Still, I think you are right for considering all of your options. I don't know what I would do if I got into one of the U.S. schools that I really like.. Whatever you decide, I know you will be happy🙂

I'll be in RVC if you guys decide to come! And hopefully, I'll answer people's questions applying next cycle after I get to know the school a little better! (We desperately needed a current RVC student but they weren't around, so I'm hoping I will be🙂.
 
yes 2Bavet! we definitely need some more RVC support on here! I know you will love RVC. I am still not completely sure if I will turn it down, but if I do it is only because of cost. The school and community itself there is absolutely wonderful, and if money grew on trees I would certainly go there! They have amazing facilities and a friendly student body among many other great things. I am hoping I can do an externship or possibly internship or residency there in the future if I don't go.

Best of luck to you! And who knows, maybe I will win the lottery or something and be able to join you!! I think you are going to have the best time of your life! And I have still been in contact with a 3rd year US student there, so if you have any more questions, I'll help as best I can!:luck:
 
Thank you so much for your good wishes! 🙂 Let me know if there is anything that I can do to convince you to come haha..

Even if you don't come you should def. keep in touch and if you come to London for internship/externship, def. let me know! I know it looks frustrating right now to make a decision but know that you are so lucky to be able to decide between schools! Good luck!
 
I was contacted by Mrs. Kilyon today to inform me I have been pulled from the waitlist and being offered a spot... out of curiousity, how much is the seat deposit?
 
So, as difficult as it was I just sent in my decline to RVC. Simply because I have been away for a while now and need to be closer to home! I have been to London three times though and it is an AMAZING city. I hope the spot goes to an SDNer who who will love to take advantage of everything London has to offer and who has wanted to be a veterinarian for as long as I have! Good luck to everyone :luck::xf:😀
 
Hello everyone! I'm at RVC at the moment! School started past Monday but the classes will start tomorrow, so excited! Upto now, it's been just introduction and preparing us for the upcoming years. AND at nights, we've been just partying & drinking! RVC is really big about it's Freshers week parties!

As promised I'm back! So Class of 2014 applicants, (or 2015 for RVC, since it's a 5 yr program), if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them! But please remember, the classes haven't even started yet, so I'm pretty new here as well! But I'll get more experienced along the year I guess!

And I'm sorry in advance if I reply a little late because I won't be visiting this forum as often as I was last year🙂 Yeah, it's a huge relief to be finally in vet school! Good luck everyone!
 
As promised I'm back! So Class of 2014 applicants, (or 2015 for RVC, since it's a 5 yr program), if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

Excellent! I was just reading old threads about this school this evening. Having submitted my application, I'm now getting anxious to hear something back!!!

I think RVC first notified people of interviews or receipt of the applications in early November (last cycle)... I can't wait to have some kind of acknowledgment. :-D

Please don't wait for our questions... I am curious to know any of your impressions!
 
Well I don't know what to say really. As I said before we've been just partying! So far I have to admit I'm a little culture shocked because in U.S. we say party hard but study harder. Here they say work hard play hard (and sometimes they even say play harder!) and I'm having some trouble getting used to I guess. We had 2 lectures today. They were pretty straightforward and intro-like. So I actually want to wait couple weeks and see how things are before talking about classes.

Other than that, it seems like we are definetely going to have the time of our lives here. I really enjoy being in London. It's a wonderful city and there is so much to do. I feel like I'm so lucky to be able to study the subject I adore while also having lots of fun!
 
Just checked the site to see whether anyone had q's for RVC but no one does...🙁

We have our first formative exam this Friday😱 but it's just self assesment, so no grades... Still, it will show how we are doing in class!

So far the things we have learned have been mostly old news. But it depends on your background in science actually. I was (almost) a B.S. in biology (missed it w one class), so I've had this stuff before, but it's good to review and learn about them in much more depth.

Anyway, I should go back to studying! I'll check on SDN once in a while to see if u guys have any q's... GOOD LUCK everyone! I know how stressful it is to just sit back and wait, but it is worth it, I promise!
 
Hi - Are you in the 5 year program or the 4 year program? Did you bring a SO or pets with you when you moved?

Yay! A question🙂

There is no 4 year program.. yet.. I heard that there is only 1 girl in our year who is in the 4 year program but that program is still on trial. In the future, they are thinking about accepting U.S. students to the 4 year program. Unfortunately this won't apply to students applying this cycle. (as far as I know!)

Well, I left my SO behind but not my dog :laugh: But I have married friends here and I can ask them if you have any specific q's about that. As for bringing your pet in, it's a challenge, but I know all about it, so I can answer any questions you might have. Plus, it's really hard to find a decent place to live w a dog, but it's doable w hard work!
 
Thanks for getting back to me!

I don't have an interview yet so I don't want to take up too much of your time, but I'm confused about the process for getting my husband a visa so he can work in the U.K. I'm also not sure how much money we have to have in savings (and for how long before we arrive in the UK) in order to prove that we'll be able to support ourselves once we get there. Did the customs people come to campus to take care of all of this or did you have to take care of it at the airport?

Do you like the school so far? Are the students mostly young or do you also have older students in your class? I'll be 40 by the time I arrive 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just thought I would throw this out for general info. It's an email I received from RVC:

As of September 2009, students making an application to the Royal Veterinary College through VMCAS for 2010 entry who have a relevant degree will be eligible to be considered for entry onto our four-year BVetMed Accelerated Programme. This is a degree designed especially for graduates and has been running successfully for several years for UK students. All graduate applicants will be considered for the Accelerated Programme in the first instance, and those who are unsuccessful in gaining a place on this course may be considered for our regular five-year BVetMed programme.
 
Visa for your husband --- I'll ask my friend tomorrow

Savings Account --- Well they never asked me about it. But I'm self supported as I'm not a U.S. citizen and thus not eligible for FAFSA. As far as I know, after getting accepted, you fill out FAFSA forms and you support yourself with the loan check. So technically you don't have to have any money at all. All my friends on FAFSA count on that to support themselves.

Customs question--- Didn't get what you meant by that...

School--- I absolutely love it! There are a lot of differences compared to the U.S. system (like being less organized, more relaxed etc.) but you get used to it and learn to roll w it.

Age--- Well mostly there are youngsters🙂 But a lot of the U.S. students are a lot older. Among older, married students, no one really seems to want to talk about their age but I think there are some students around your age. So, there is a huge diversity!

E-mail --- Interesting, because I thought they said they were thinking about it for next year's applicants.. Well good news then 🙂
 
Hi 2BaVet!

i jsut wanna say congrats on getting to go to RVC and that I am soooo jealous of you! lol

i do have a Q for you though...

do you know if RVC has some type of exotics/wildlife/conservation program type of deal?

bc I love love LOVE England and everything British! but I also love love LOVE exotics & conservation...and idkkk if it'd be worth it to go to RVC [that is if i get accepted] compared to one of the good school over in the States [ex. UF, my IS].

and also...do you know of any students in your class that got accepted as a "junior" in college?

that's all! :]

oh jsut a random Q...do ppl over there get amazed by your "American" accent? lol. or like...have you heard them try to do the American accent?
 
Visa for your husband --- I'll ask my friend tomorrow

Savings Account --- Well they never asked me about it. But I'm self supported as I'm not a U.S. citizen and thus not eligible for FAFSA. As far as I know, after getting accepted, you fill out FAFSA forms and you support yourself with the loan check. So technically you don't have to have any money at all. All my friends on FAFSA count on that to support themselves.

Heyy, just wondering cuz this is what it seemed like in your answer. Can you apply for FAFSA to study abroad (England/Scotland/Ireland)? I was under the impression that federal loans only counted for in state schools. If so, I was wondering how to pay for abroad schools, and I have NO qualms with taking out any loans through the government or school.
 
mtambaschi..

Well, I need to correct myself. I thought your savings account question was related to the school not the visa application. I didn't get a student visa because I'm an EU citizen but I asked my friend and here is her reply:


- you will have to look up UK customs website regarding student visa. you can apply as student-Tier 4 and her husband will be Tier 4 dependent.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/

- there's no specific amount listed for getting a visa. Of course the more the merrier. just make sure that the amount of saving you have or student loans you are taking out covers tuition and estamated living cost listed in the uk visa website. the main thing they care about is that you don't end up using their social support.

- unfortunately, the school is not as helpful as I had hoped for in this regard. ie, you will have to do some reseach on the visa and customs on your own but you are more than welcome to email me for questions.

Or you can ask me and I can forward your questions to her🙂
Hope this helps now! And sorry for the confusion!
 
Hi thaowey!

I don't think we have a special exotics program here at RVC but that said, we have a student organization where you can get exotics experience. Also RVC has an internship type of thing requirement called AHEMS (Animal Handling Extramural Studies) where you can get animal experience. You get 4 weeks of whichever species you want and you can do it anywhere in the world! So you could go to Africa and get exotics animal experience there (which is what I really want to do!). Downside of AHEMS is that you find your own placements but the school sort of helps out. I don't know much about exotics in rotations tho..

I haven't heard of any juniors getting in but I'll ask around. However I don't think they would consider you for the 4 yr program if you don't have a degree.

Well about the accent... English is actually my 2nd language, so everyone gets puzzled. British are like "ummm you have an american accent but you pronounce some words differently. I can't really tell whether you are american or not. Where are you from?" That said, americans can tell that I'm not american :laugh:

We still argue with my british friends how to pronounce "I can't" or "tomato"...🙂 So yes, I've heard them try it for fun. But no one really fancies american accent, they just find it funny or interesting. But I have to admit that I do fancy the british accent!

Hi 2BaVet!

i jsut wanna say congrats on getting to go to RVC and that I am soooo jealous of you! lol

i do have a Q for you though...

do you know if RVC has some type of exotics/wildlife/conservation program type of deal?

bc I love love LOVE England and everything British! but I also love love LOVE exotics & conservation...and idkkk if it'd be worth it to go to RVC [that is if i get accepted] compared to one of the good school over in the States [ex. UF, my IS].

and also...do you know of any students in your class that got accepted as a "junior" in college?

that's all! :]

oh jsut a random Q...do ppl over there get amazed by your "American" accent? lol. or like...have you heard them try to do the American accent?
 
Yes you can! It probably depends on the school you are applying to. All my friends are here with american federal loans. So my guess would be all AVMA accredited foreign schools should be able to administer federal student aid. You should contact each school you are planning to apply for more info. But RVC does accept it.

Btw I just found out you get a loan called Stafford Loan. I'm not sure if that is different than FAFSA but it's the same principle. Sorry, I just don't know much about this topic. Here is some info about how to get a federal loan to study in RVC on our school's website:
http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Undergraduate/International/FinancialAidandLoans.cfm

I think it will answer most of your questions!
Hope this helps!

Heyy, just wondering cuz this is what it seemed like in your answer. Can you apply for FAFSA to study abroad (England/Scotland/Ireland)? I was under the impression that federal loans only counted for in state schools. If so, I was wondering how to pay for abroad schools, and I have NO qualms with taking out any loans through the government or school.
 
The FAFSA is the *form* that you fill out to qualify for both Stafford and PLUS loans. There are two types of Stafford loans, subsidized and unsubsidized. if applying to RVC, you'll get the maximum Stafford of $20K per year combined subsidized and unsubsidized. You'll either need PLUS or private loans on top of that, or else have savings or parents. 🙂

personally, i have 60K in loans for this year, but i'm hoping to take less in future years.

the school is trying very hard with the financial aid, but they have a lot to work out in terms of being as helpful as possible.

in terms of your visa, you have minimum funds needed, to cover the cost of your first year of education ($37.5K for this year), plus 9 months cost of living (calculated at 800 GBP per month living in London proper, so GBP 7200). These funds will likely need to be in place for 28 days before applying for your visa (i.e., proof of loan or funds in a bank account). In addition, you can not apply for your visa until 3 months before your program, and you can't enter the country on your visa until 1 month before your program.

the visa process is quite complicated - if/when you get to that stage, let me know, and i'll be happy to advise.

personally, i'm quite happy here (finances aside) - although, i'm not the most social of people, so asking me about life in london might not be the right move - i gravitate between class, the library, my flat, and occasionally the supermarket or starbucks.

i think most of the professors are phenomenal, i've already chosen my advisor for my 4th year research project, and the formative exam (mentioned above by 2BaVet) did its job - after the exam, i knew where my weak points were, and they were precisely where i expected - which was the goal of the school in seating the paper.

any questions, feel free to ask - i too will pop on every so often to see if folks want answers.
 
hey guys i found out about my interview today. Very excited. I was wondering how the interview process is like? i'm very nervous about it. I suck at interviews.

thanks
 
Chatter, when/where are you interviewing? I am just now realizing that time is flying by and it's not long away!
 
YMMV, but my interview was very laid back - if you look a little further up in the thread, there was a discussion of our interview impressions. just to reiterate, my interviewers made me feel very comfortable, and tried to set the tone as conversationally as possible. they were both very engaged and active in the process. one of them started off asking the questions, then switched off with the other. my sense was that this worked well for them, although another interview team could have a variation.

they do ask some tough questions . . . for example, if your application or personal statement mention significant experience with any particular thing, they will ask you some detailed questions about it. in my case, it was dental anesthesia, and they asked me about the major issues i had seen, problems associated with monitoring, pitfalls, etc.

they do tell you in advance who you will interview with (or do so with my group), so you can take a look at their bio, and get a bit of background. there is a brief period to ask questions, but they 're not too big on kissing up, so i wouldn't try to cram in a question about the interviewers if it isn't something you're truly interested in. in my case, one of them had done some major research on the efficacy of bordatella vaccination and its role in actually preventing the spread of "kennel cough," which is a subject that i was really interested in, so we had a bunch to discuss.

let me know if you have any specific questions . . .
 
hey thanks for replying. I will be interviewed sometime in february in New york. I would find out soon i guess. Very nerve racking, since i don't know NY at all lol. lets hope for the best.
 
hey thanks for replying. I will be interviewed sometime in february in New york. I would find out soon i guess. Very nerve racking, since i don't know NY at all lol. lets hope for the best.

I am from right outside NYC, so I go there all the time. If you need help, PM me and I can try to help you navigate best I can.
 
Thanks Lalzi21, right now we are just looking for hotels while i wait for the conformation date. If you know of any good one by the area would be helpful (1601 broadway).

For question about the school, how do the semesters work? When do you start and when do you end? and how do breaks work? Do you find the life style there difficult? How is the curriculum (classes, exam (hard), teaching style? And anything else about the school, city, living, would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Lalzi21, right now we are just looking for hotels while i wait for the conformation date. If you know of any good one by the area would be helpful (1601 broadway).
Thanks a bunch

Well hotels in NYC are MAD expensive. You can try to chose a hotel close and not worry about cab fare, or farther away and worry about cabs, but cabs arent terribly expensive, maybe 25 tops. Just dont go to a hotel above 80th St, but anywhere lower (or any of the named streets which are in lower manhattan) should be fine. Just make sure it is in MANHATTAN and not one of the boroughs (Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island). The cheapest hotel would probs be any Marriot, Holiday Inn, Hamton Inn, Days Inn etc... Any unknown one will be small and more expensive (albet nicer). Any hotels I know in the area are like $300 a night so I really don't want to suggest one of those, haha

Anything else, such as where something is, how to get there, hit me up
 
Thanks Lalzi21, right now we are just looking for hotels while i wait for the conformation date. If you know of any good one by the area would be helpful (1601 broadway).

For question about the school, how do the semesters work? When do you start and when do you end? and how do breaks work? Do you find the life style there difficult? How is the curriculum (classes, exam (hard), teaching style? And anything else about the school, city, living, would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch

get on expedia.com and you can enter the address and find hotels nearby!
 
get on expedia.com and you can enter the address and find hotels nearby!

I love Trip Advisor, as well, for the reviews.

I got a wicked deal on my last trip to NY (sadly it was 6 years ago!). I think I included a AAA discount. It was the Comfort Inn on 34th street and had just been remodeled. Great location. Look around for deals. Good luck!
 
Hey there....I definitely recommend checking out travelocity and similar sites...last year my mom and I got a great deal for airfare and hotel stay for a weekend in NYC for my interview. We stayed at the Novotel. It is about 2-3 blocks from where the interviews are being held (a quick 10 minute walk), and the hotel was really nice, and our room had a view of times square...oh, and there is an amazing irish pub/restaurant a block down the street towards times square (Emmet O'Lunneys).

I liked the interview...the professors were very nice. The interview was more of a conversation with them going off of my application and asking me to further elaborate or explain why things were done certain ways, etc. I was really impressed with the school, and actually got accepted. The ONLY reason I turned down the offer was bc of cost. 5 years at 40-60k per year...i just couldn't imagine leaving school with 300k in debt. Other then price, it is a great school.....good luck everyone!
 
thanks guys for all the great advice. I will be looking into it next week to get a rough idea of the prices. Thanks again