rRNA, plasmids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datdat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
simple 2 questions.

1. rRNA is produce in the nucleous and moves to the cytoplasm and starts to translate mRNA codon and combine with other larger unit to make ribosome...
then when we talk about "rRNA" is the smaller part of the ribosome?

2.i'm wondering only the prokaryote have plasmid

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

simple 2 questions.

1. rRNA is produce in the nucleous and moves to the cytoplasm and starts to translate mRNA codon and combine with other larger unit to make ribosome...

2.i'm wondering only the prokaryote have plasmid

thanks

2. Prokaryotes:
-Single Chromosome with short circular DNA. Histones may or may not be present.
-Some cells have plasmids, which are smaller circular DNA , in addition to chromosomes.
-No Organelles
-No Nucleus
-Flagella consist of globular protiens called flagellin.

Just memorized today thanks for asking.

simple 2 questions.

thanks

there r 2 types of rRNA per pro and eukaryotes.

Most of time, i think we need to know 50s + 30s = 70s
In this case, 30s is the smaller part of rRNA.
mRNA is basically sandwitched between 50 and 30.
Make sure to know PAE sites ane tRNA bring AA to here.

1. Ribosomes is composed of 2 subunits that are made of both proteins and rRNA. the rRNA is not specifically the larger or the smaller component of the ribosome. The ribosome is made of many proteins, and has quite a complex biological structure above the testing capabilities of the DAT.

2. Was pretty much cleared up. It's important to mention that the plasmids may become incorporated into the circular dna, and is then known as an episome. these plasmids can also be transfurred during sexual conjugation between bacteria. . .