Rush C.O.M. housing questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gointamedschool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's the deal with Rush owned housing? ("Center Court Gardens") is it any good? i mean it's gotta be great to be so close to Rush and as someone who won't have a lot of time to be apartment hunting this summer it would be very convenient if i didn't have to worry about it.

are they horrible? are they difficult to get? do many med students live there? for all my future classmates.. what are you thinking about doing for housing?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, I've never actually been inside the apartments but supposedly they are nice. They are very convenient and (I think) decently priced. A lot of med students live there...a large % of our class lives on campus, though I think we have fewer there than most first year classes.

Originally posted by gointamedschool
what's the deal with Rush owned housing? ("Center Court Gardens") is it any good? i mean it's gotta be great to be so close to Rush and as someone who won't have a lot of time to be apartment hunting this summer it would be very convenient if i didn't have to worry about it.

are they horrible? are they difficult to get? do many med students live there? for all my future classmates.. what are you thinking about doing for housing?

I interviewed there in November and stayed with an MI host - the housing is actually really nice. The one bedroom apartment is big, has lots of space, nice sized kitchen and bedroom and its so convenient to walk to the med school and back - like a 2 min walk. I think a lot of first years live there due to the convenience.

Hope this helps. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
gitms,

The apartments at Center Court Gardens are quite nice, and reasonably priced. About 1/3 of the first years live there, and many stay for second year as well. After that, most people move to other neighborhoods (bucktown, wicker park, lincoln park, lakeview, wrigleyville, etc..), but of course some people stay there for the whole time.

I lived there for almost two years, and really enjoyed being so close to school, and to the Taylor street area. There are some drawbacks: it is not the safest area, and there have been several assaults on students in the past few years, nothing serious. Security has a strong presence, and I personally never felt in danger. Also, the highway is right there, and some of the apartments back up to it. But you get used to the sound after awhile, just think of it as the ocean.

I would recommend living there...if you are in the area you can drive into the parking lot to at least see what the grounds are like.

kojack

i forgot to answer some questions...

no, they are not hard to get, but of course the earlier the better

many students live there, and they are far from horrible

awesome,

thanks everyone (esp kojack!). looks like i'm gonna go that route. i just think that being so close to Rush is key. and if they're as decent as you guys say they are.. bonus!