Rush Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tguido

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I received an email yesterday about a group interview with Rush in Chicago. I was wondering if anyone else is going and if anyone has any knowledge of group interviews or how to handle them best. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I have also applied to Rush, but have not heard anything back yet :/ Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hey! I have also applied to Rush, but have not heard anything back yet :/ Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi runnerchic13! These are my stats.

Major: Public Health Studies with minor in Psych
Undergraduate GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: about 3.4
GRE: V-153, Q-154 W-4.5

Work Experience: rehab tech at two different clinics- 1000 hours
Volunteer: school system- 50 hours, nursing center- 100 hours, in-patient- 10 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited to interview at Rush, too! Congratulations!! I was wondering about the group interview set-up too...

I also received an invite for November. Very exciting but hard to know what to expect!

Whew! So glad this is over and the decision is out of my hands. I wished there were other things that I had said or contributed but hindsight is 20/20. Good luck to other Rush candidates!

Whew! So glad this is over and the decision is out of my hands. I wished there were other things that I had said or contributed but hindsight is 20/20. Good luck to other Rush candidates!

I interviewed at Rush yesterday, too. It definitely feels good to have it out of my hands, but dang, they sure did sell me on the program. I just want to know now!!

I was just invited to interview for the December 13th date! I was wondering if they mentioned in previous interviews how many people get interviews and the total number they actually accept. If anyone has any insight that would be awesome! Just want to know where I stand realistically. Thanks guys and good luck to everyone! I know how stressful this process has been.

I was wondering if they mentioned in previous interviews how many people get interviews and the total number they actually accept.

As of Friday 11/22, they had 560 applications. They will interview about 100 applicants during their four interview days, and they will accept 36.

I heard I was accepted to Rush today, although I know they don't plan on sending out most acceptances until February. What did everyone think of the program and the cost? I LOVE it there but the price tag is intimidating!

I heard I was accepted to Rush today, although I know they don't plan on sending out most acceptances until February. What did everyone think of the program and the cost? I LOVE it there but the price tag is intimidating!

I was notified of my acceptance today too! Congrats, ALH OH! I also am intimidated by the cost of tuition, but I am thrilled that I have a Chicago option because I am from the suburbs. I thought the program and the faculty were great, also!

Congrats guys!!! That's was quite a fast turnover! Also what is the total cost of the program? And what did you guys think of the interview/how long was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
The total tuition cost for entry in Summer 2014 was about 73 K. This was a "worst case scenario" value that factored in a 5% increase from the 2013 tuition cost. There may not be a tuition raise at all, and if there were it would probably be about 2-3% at most. At any rate, we are looking at around $70,000.

I really liked the interview/visit process. It was nice because they eased us into the day with presentations from various faculty, the office of financial aide, and current students. The duration for the group interview was about 25 minutes. It wasn't bad at all!

Yes that is a pretty hefty price tag, but I guess that's pretty standard for most programs. I am sure cost of living in Chicago compared to NJ where I live is really high too! Unfortunately I only applied to one in state school so that is the price I am looking at for a majority of programs :(.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the process. It does seem laid back and like they want to make the most of your visit and really introduce potential students to every aspect of the school/ process. This really puts me at ease a bit. I have been feeling very nervous about this interview. Thanks DreamOT! Again, congrats on your acceptance!!

Yes that is a pretty hefty price tag, but I guess that's pretty standard for most programs. I am sure cost of living in Chicago compared to NJ where I live is really high too! Unfortunately I only applied to one in state school so that is the price I am looking at for a majority of programs :(.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the process. It does seem laid back and like they want to make the most of your visit and really introduce potential students to every aspect of the school/ process. This really puts me at ease a bit. I have been feeling very nervous about this interview. Thanks DreamOT! Again, congrats on your acceptance!!

Thank you, am2889! Best of luck with your upcoming interview at Rush. Let me know if you have any other questions about it! Where else did you apply/get interviews/get accepted?

Thank you! Rush is really one of my top choices so I really hope I do well in the interview! I applied to WAY too many programs (14) out of sheer anxiety over not potentially getting in anywhere. I haven't received any acceptances but I have another interview in January at sacred heart. What about you?

I applied to UIC, Rush, WashU in St. Louis, SLU, UW-Madison, and Ohio State. I have been accepted to WashU and now Rush. None of my other schools have interviews, so I am just playing the waiting game now!

Congrats DreamOT! Would you be willing to share your stats?

I think is isn't directed at me but the interview was on a Friday, and I was notified the following Wednesday. Very quick! But I know they continue sending out decisions until February.

Awesome! I'm curious- how long did Rush give you to make a decision?

At the interview, they said you would get approximately 30 days from the date of notification to pay your $250 to hold your spot. The time for me ended up being shorter - I was notified on 11/27 and have to send in my money by 12/19.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have more insight into the actual interview portion you would like to share? Is it the basic "interview type" of questions, an activity, etc.

I'm in high stress mode about this now!

congratulations to you guys on your acceptances! Rush is my top choice school and I have an interview on Friday as well!! any tips or suggestions for me!? How was the group interview, I have never had an interview in that format before.

Has anyone heard anything this week from Rush? I interviewed there on Friday and they said that most acceptances won't go out till February, but I'm curious to know if anyone's heard anything within the past week.

I interviewed back in November but heard via email today that I was accepted!! So excited- Rush is my first choice and I'll be accepting my spot.

Has anyone heard anything this week from Rush? I interviewed there on Friday and they said that most acceptances won't go out till February, but I'm curious to know if anyone's heard anything within the past week.
I was interviewed last week, Dec. 13th, and received an acceptance email yesterday! I am pretty set on going to Rush. It seems like they will provide such a unique experience that traditional school campuses would not be able to offer.

My advice to anyone who is interviewing is to relax and be confident (yeah cliche). Also, I would really dig deeply into your observation/volunteering experiences and really think about what you've taken away from them. Hopefully you were mindful and observant while volunteering, not just sleep-walking through your time there. Looking forward to meeting the 2014 cohort!

Reactions: 1 user
Bumping from the dead, but is anyone interviewing tomorrow? I am!