Rush Medical College Waitlist 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Have you been waitlisted IS or OOS?

• Total voters

SurgProtector

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, lets start a poll for those who are waitlisted. I imagine everyone wants to gauge activity and membership in this group.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted from active consideration

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you think everyone else will hear back? I interviewed back in Ocotober...

Id say by end of next week at the latest? Shouldnt be much longer before the get back to everyone w an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection
Yeah i just heard back actually. They put me on the waitlist...Not the news I was hoping for :(:(

who else is planning on attending these virtual second look events looking like this on zoom lmao
crying-cat-know-your-meme-41.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here have an A into another place and Rush said that will make a difference for their waitlist position?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope everyone is trying not to stress... if anyone hears actual updates to Rush's admitted class size please share.

I heard the class is still over capacity

• Sad
I heard the class is still over capacity

Seems by this date last year they were already opening up the waitlist. What a shame. To those who may be back and forth about Rush, please make way for those who would give anything to attend.

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I spoke to them last week and there was nothing then. Jill told me that 2 years ago there were only 4 or 5 people taken off waitlist, whereas last year it was like 14.

And there are 70+ waitlisted students? So even in a good year, only 20% max would be taken off

And there are 70+ waitlisted students? So even in a good year, only 20% max would be taken off
how do you know there are 70+ waitlisted students? at least for the webinar, there were only around 40ish students participated (the rest probably doesn't really care) if I recall correctly

I only saw like 40, but Rush interviews 400 people, accepts 300, and actually rejects applicants after interviews. So that means 100 could be wait listed, but 70 would be a reasonable number.

As an aside, anyone else accepted into another school or masters program and is having issues with them forcing you to fill out financial aid?

I counted 70 during the webinar lol
I only saw like 40, but Rush interviews 400 people, accepts 300, and actually rejects applicants after interviews. So that means 100 could be wait listed, but 70 would be a reasonable number.

As an aside, anyone else accepted into another school or masters program and is having issues with them forcing you to fill out financial aid?
lamo me too I only saw 40ish I'm not sure how you got 70 I specifically counted each one, you needed know that when you click next page on that webinar there was an overlap between two pages, i could also tell not everyone was interested because many didn't even ask a single question or say a single word, could you do that if you really want to get into a school? but whatever lets all hope the class will soon fall down the full size so all of us truly faithful guys can get in

lamo me too I only saw 40ish I'm not sure how you got 70 I specifically counted each one, you needed know that when you click next page on that webinar there was an overlap between two pages, i could also tell not everyone was interested because many didn't even ask a single question or say a single word, could you do that if you really want to get into a school? but whatever lets all hope the class will soon fall down the full size so all of us truly faithful guys can get in
I hope you get in but I don't think Rush is to blame for not accepting any students off their waitlist, not should an applicants interest in the school guarantee them a spot. Sorry if I'm staying the obvious, but I'm only making these points because from your posts I think you have the impression of the opposite

MDFUTURE123 said:
These numbers match what I have seen from official AAMC data, and this is more like the norm for other medical schools too. Just to clarify, that means that ~20% are accepted off of the waitlist of ~100 people.

I spoke with someone from admissions, they said they don't think the waitlist will open up till the end of June. I think the number is still at 152, which means 9 people have to drop out to get 1 waitlist spot.

Many of us were working during the virtual events and waitlist seminar. I would work with earbuds in just so I could hear what was going on, but obviously unable to participate.

The way I see it, they accept 300, which includes some from the waitlist. If I recall correctly, some people were taken off the waitlist months ago (it's hard keeping every school separate, so I may be wrong). Word is they reject very few people post interview, but can't confirm.

Look at their website: About the College | Rush Medical College | Rush University

It's interesting, it says 149 enrolled last year (whereas 144 attended) The year before that it says 147 enrolled, and I believe less matriculated. So possibly they often get a few people enrolling but never showing up. I don't know if that helps the waitlist at all, but speaking to the Alyssa and Jill it seems they want a 144 cap (though they may accept more). They're indicating that even if people withdraw, they won't accept waitlists until they get below the 144 number. Also they specifically told me that things are slow and may only open up the waitlist in the end of June. Much success to everyone especially those holding another spot and a waitlist who might have to pay 2 rents.

Look at their website: About the College | Rush Medical College | Rush University

It's interesting, it says 149 enrolled last year (whereas 144 attended) The year before that it says 147 enrolled, and I believe less matriculated. So possibly they often get a few people enrolling but never showing up. I don't know if that helps the waitlist at all, but speaking to the Alyssa and Jill it seems they want a 144 cap (though they may accept more). They're indicating that even if people withdraw, they won't accept waitlists until they get below the 144 number. Also they specifically told me that things are slow and may only open up the waitlist in the end of June. Much success to everyone especially those holding another spot and a waitlist who might have to pay 2 rents.
how come people enrolled but never showed up? it must those who needed to repeat the year again one student ambassador on my interview day said she failed one course and had to repeat that course but no the year so it might not be uncommon that some need to repeat. at this point i am not expecting that I will get pulled out from the waitlist

will this year be the first time that Rush doesn't use its waitlist at all?! lets keep praying!:boom:

If anyone does get accepted off the waitlist, please let us know. Those of us with a family and mortgage, will have to pick and move, find daycare, and do a lot of work before school starts, so we need to make decisions earlier than Aug. 25. Thank you...

This must be a first..to not use the waitlist at all!

• Sad
I've heard there are a lot of medical schools in the same position, meaning as soon as the As come in one place it will trickle down everywhere else, but that's assuming there are that many waitlist candidates holding a spot elsewhere which anyways they can't do by July 1st. If no news by July 3rd or 5th, then might mean show is over. I'll be banging on the doors til August 25th but safely got to make other arrangements.

Anyone have an A to a school with a matriculation date in July but still waiting for Rush (even chances are slim)?

Well this might be nothing, but I heard someone got in off the wait-list yesterday at another Chicago school.....

1595346889191.png

No, just saying someone got into a Chicago school, no connection to Rush....The only reason I mentioned it is that Jill told me that the waitlist situation is similar in all the Chicago Schools.