You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rush Medical College Waitlist 2019-2020
Started by SurgProtector
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted from active consideration
Same. Interviewed beginning of febWaitlisted from active consideration
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do you think everyone else will hear back? I interviewed back in Ocotober...
Id say by end of next week at the latest? Shouldnt be much longer before the get back to everyone w an acceptance, waitlist, or rejectionWhen do you think everyone else will hear back? I interviewed back in Ocotober...
Yeah i just heard back actually. They put me on the waitlist...Not the news I was hoping for 🙁🙁Id say by end of next week at the latest? Shouldnt be much longer before the get back to everyone w an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection
following
AC to WL yesterday🙁
any news?
boo234
Full Member
only that general email about virtual match day (which gave me a heart attack lol)any news?
here but I am not planning to attend those three social time sessions because I'm jealous of their As!who else is planning on attending these virtual second look events looking like this on zoom lmao
View attachment 300775

Havent spoken to rush about it nor have I heard this from themAnyone here have an A into another place and Rush said that will make a difference for their waitlist position?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard the class is still over capacity
I heard the class is still over capacity
Seems by this date last year they were already opening up the waitlist. What a shame. To those who may be back and forth about Rush, please make way for those who would give anything to attend.
by how many a lot or only one or two? they should at least extend two to three acceptances to waitlisters who really want to attendI heard the class is still over capacity
they didnt say. Only that its still above 144
And there are 70+ waitlisted students? So even in a good year, only 20% max would be taken off
how do you know there are 70+ waitlisted students? at least for the webinar, there were only around 40ish students participated (the rest probably doesn't really care) if I recall correctlyAnd there are 70+ waitlisted students? So even in a good year, only 20% max would be taken off
I counted 70 during the webinar lol
I only saw like 40, but Rush interviews 400 people, accepts 300, and actually rejects applicants after interviews. So that means 100 could be wait listed, but 70 would be a reasonable number.
As an aside, anyone else accepted into another school or masters program and is having issues with them forcing you to fill out financial aid?
As an aside, anyone else accepted into another school or masters program and is having issues with them forcing you to fill out financial aid?
I counted 70 during the webinar lol
lamo me too I only saw 40ish I'm not sure how you got 70 I specifically counted each one, you needed know that when you click next page on that webinar there was an overlap between two pages, i could also tell not everyone was interested because many didn't even ask a single question or say a single word, could you do that if you really want to get into a school? but whatever lets all hope the class will soon fall down the full size so all of us truly faithful guys can get inI only saw like 40, but Rush interviews 400 people, accepts 300, and actually rejects applicants after interviews. So that means 100 could be wait listed, but 70 would be a reasonable number.
As an aside, anyone else accepted into another school or masters program and is having issues with them forcing you to fill out financial aid?
DrStephennmnm
Full Member
I hope you get in but I don't think Rush is to blame for not accepting any students off their waitlist, not should an applicants interest in the school guarantee them a spot. Sorry if I'm staying the obvious, but I'm only making these points because from your posts I think you have the impression of the oppositelamo me too I only saw 40ish I'm not sure how you got 70 I specifically counted each one, you needed know that when you click next page on that webinar there was an overlap between two pages, i could also tell not everyone was interested because many didn't even ask a single question or say a single word, could you do that if you really want to get into a school? but whatever lets all hope the class will soon fall down the full size so all of us truly faithful guys can get in
These numbers match what I have seen from official AAMC data, and this is more like the norm for other medical schools too. Just to clarify, that means that ~20% are accepted off of the waitlist of ~100 people.MDFUTURE123 said:And there are 70+ waitlisted students? So even in a good year, only 20% max would be taken off
lamo me too I only saw 40ish I'm not sure how you got 70 I specifically counted each one, you needed know that when you click next page on that webinar there was an overlap between two pages, i could also tell not everyone was interested because many didn't even ask a single question or say a single word, could you do that if you really want to get into a school? but whatever lets all hope the class will soon fall down the full size so all of us truly faithful guys can get in
Many of us were working during the virtual events and waitlist seminar. I would work with earbuds in just so I could hear what was going on, but obviously unable to participate.
I only saw like 40, but Rush interviews 400 people, accepts 300, and actually rejects applicants after interviews. So that means 100 could be wait listed, but 70 would be a reasonable number.
As an aside, anyone else accepted into another school or masters program and is having issues with them forcing you to fill out financial aid?
The way I see it, they accept 300, which includes some from the waitlist. If I recall correctly, some people were taken off the waitlist months ago (it's hard keeping every school separate, so I may be wrong). Word is they reject very few people post interview, but can't confirm.
Look at their website: About the College | Rush Medical College | Rush University
It's interesting, it says 149 enrolled last year (whereas 144 attended) The year before that it says 147 enrolled, and I believe less matriculated. So possibly they often get a few people enrolling but never showing up. I don't know if that helps the waitlist at all, but speaking to the Alyssa and Jill it seems they want a 144 cap (though they may accept more). They're indicating that even if people withdraw, they won't accept waitlists until they get below the 144 number. Also they specifically told me that things are slow and may only open up the waitlist in the end of June. Much success to everyone especially those holding another spot and a waitlist who might have to pay 2 rents.
It's interesting, it says 149 enrolled last year (whereas 144 attended) The year before that it says 147 enrolled, and I believe less matriculated. So possibly they often get a few people enrolling but never showing up. I don't know if that helps the waitlist at all, but speaking to the Alyssa and Jill it seems they want a 144 cap (though they may accept more). They're indicating that even if people withdraw, they won't accept waitlists until they get below the 144 number. Also they specifically told me that things are slow and may only open up the waitlist in the end of June. Much success to everyone especially those holding another spot and a waitlist who might have to pay 2 rents.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how come people enrolled but never showed up? it must those who needed to repeat the year again one student ambassador on my interview day said she failed one course and had to repeat that course but no the year so it might not be uncommon that some need to repeat. at this point i am not expecting that I will get pulled out from the waitlistLook at their website: About the College | Rush Medical College | Rush University
It's interesting, it says 149 enrolled last year (whereas 144 attended) The year before that it says 147 enrolled, and I believe less matriculated. So possibly they often get a few people enrolling but never showing up. I don't know if that helps the waitlist at all, but speaking to the Alyssa and Jill it seems they want a 144 cap (though they may accept more). They're indicating that even if people withdraw, they won't accept waitlists until they get below the 144 number. Also they specifically told me that things are slow and may only open up the waitlist in the end of June. Much success to everyone especially those holding another spot and a waitlist who might have to pay 2 rents.
will this year be the first time that Rush doesn't use its waitlist at all?! lets keep praying!

This must be a first..to not use the waitlist at all!
Doesn't look hopeful folks...
did you guys send in any LOI recently? I wish they can be like Keck and a Texas school giving out As for next yearThis must be a first..to not use the waitlist at all!
I've heard there are a lot of medical schools in the same position, meaning as soon as the As come in one place it will trickle down everywhere else, but that's assuming there are that many waitlist candidates holding a spot elsewhere which anyways they can't do by July 1st. If no news by July 3rd or 5th, then might mean show is over. I'll be banging on the doors til August 25th but safely got to make other arrangements.
Lol, i didnt know those schools did thatdid you guys send in any LOI recently? I wish they can be like Keck and a Texas school giving out As for next year
Similar threads
- Replies
- 56
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K