• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

chitown

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
Can anyone give me a reason to go to the chicago med interview? I have already been accepted to Rush and really liked it. Thoughts on rep, location, etc.?

Odaroloc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
CO
Finch was the only school on my "potential" list that several doctors from the Chicago area advised me against...however several docs in CO said it was a good option...please no flames here, this is just advice I recieved...and possibly from very biased sources. I however found this opinion helpful in narrowing a very long list. Your situation is probably different

I would say that people seem to really like Rush but interviewing at Finch cant hurt unless it costs you $.

About the Ads

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by chitown
Chicago MEd = Finch, if anyone didn't know

Actually it's new name is the Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine. I learned this at my interview.

opus03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2002
Lost in Chicago
Status (Visible)
Can anyone give me a reason to go to the chicago med interview? I have already been accepted to Rush and really liked it. Thoughts on rep, location, etc.?

Well if isn't going to cost you too much then you might as well go and check it out...can't hurt. I liked the school but ultimately chose Rush over CMS. You can PM me if you want more specific info.
good luck.

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

Are you high?

Optimist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2003
Illinois
Status (Visible)

Don't bother. Reputation, location, and price are all better at Rush. I'm in at UIC and Rush, and I just withdrew my Finch interview.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.