Rush vs. Chicago Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a reason to go to the chicago med interview? I have already been accepted to Rush and really liked it. Thoughts on rep, location, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

Chicago MEd = Finch, if anyone didn't know

Finch was the only school on my "potential" list that several doctors from the Chicago area advised me against...however several docs in CO said it was a good option...please no flames here, this is just advice I recieved...and possibly from very biased sources. I however found this opinion helpful in narrowing a very long list. Your situation is probably different

I would say that people seem to really like Rush but interviewing at Finch cant hurt unless it costs you $.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by chitown
Chicago MEd = Finch, if anyone didn't know

Actually it's new name is the Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine. I learned this at my interview.

Can anyone give me a reason to go to the chicago med interview? I have already been accepted to Rush and really liked it. Thoughts on rep, location, etc.?

Well if isn't going to cost you too much then you might as well go and check it out...can't hurt. I liked the school but ultimately chose Rush over CMS. You can PM me if you want more specific info.
good luck.

Are you high?

Don't bother. Reputation, location, and price are all better at Rush. I'm in at UIC and Rush, and I just withdrew my Finch interview.