Rush?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appleplshr

awesome member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone still waiting to hear something (pre-interview) from Rush? I have interviewed at UIC, Loyola, and Rosalind Franklin, but nothing from Rush :( Why Rush...Why??!?! :)

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm...it is really weird...maybe they don't like non-trads? although when i volunteered there a few years ago the general feeling was that Rush was more interested in people with different backgrounds and UIC preferred traditional science major types. maybe things have changed? i'm almost certain i'll be at loyola next year but i live in Chicago and it would be really nice not to have to worry about a car/the commute...

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm...it is really weird...maybe they don't like non-trads? although when i volunteered there a few years ago the general feeling was that Rush was more interested in people with different backgrounds and UIC preferred traditional science major types. maybe things have changed? i'm almost certain i'll be at loyola next year but i live in Chicago and it would be really nice not to have to worry about a car/the commute...

I interviewed there and there were a ton of non-trads there (probably ~1/2 of the people I interviewed with). It was an alright school, but I will more than likely withdraw unless financial aid is significantly better than everywhere else.

ah, bcat...you could have let me cling to my theory a little longer... :)

so, i looked at your MDapps link...why did you think your interviews at Rush were unusual? any good stories?

ah, bcat...you could have let me cling to my theory a little longer... :)

so, i looked at your MDapps link...why did you think your interviews at Rush were unusual? any good stories?

lol. yeah a couple. The first interview I went to (at about 9 a.m. mind you), we talked for about 2 minutes and then went and put a guys brain to sleep and ran some neurological tests on him (I, of course, mostly just watched and talked to a resident who just happened to be watching also).

My second interview was with a doctor who was particularly impressed with my academics but was thoroughly convinced I didn't want to be a doctor. He asked me what my plans for the summer were and I told him I was going to do some research and try to get a little clinical experience, to which he responded: "Yes, you will get some clinical experience. And really get in there.. you need to feel the pain of the patients and their families." What do you say to that?:laugh:

hahahaha "get in there and feel their pain..." what does that even mean? :)
I would have had a difficult time remaining composed if that interviewer was serious...

me too!! I live in IL and interviewed at UIC, Loyola, and RFU. But there's only been silence from Rush.

Way back in the day (haha like a few months ago) I wrote in and asked about my status and they said they interview until mid-March. So I guess all of us will be hearing soon? Or not, I don't know :rolleyes:

i had a somewhat different experience. i interviewed at the other places but did not hear a peep from Loyola. No acknowledgement that they had received my secondary or anything. I did get a letter from them when I withdrew...

I'm pretty sure that Rush is done interviewing. Sorry :(

edit: i was non-trad. i think a sizable majority of Rush interviewees are, though many people on my interview day had driven up from UIUC.

Ditto. I'm an IL resident and interviewed at RFU, UIC and Loyola, and not a peep from Rush. I've heard they're weird that way.

I'm the exact opposite. Rush was my first and only interview. UIC has already rejected me and I have been on continuous hold at Loyola since the creation of the earth. I didn't apply to RFU, but I figured I'd get some love from my state schools. I was wrong.