RUSVM Transfers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormket

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a current student at RUSVM and due to recent medical and personal issues am looking into applying to transfer into the states. I was wondering if there was anyone who could provide more insight on the likelihood of a transfer. For reference, I am a current 2nd semester, my 1st semester GPA was a 3.3 and undergrad GPA was 3.27. I worked in a small animal practice for 4 years prior to starting at Ross as a kennel technician and then veterinary technician. I applied to 7 schools last cycle (my first time), got an interview at UF and Ross but only an acceptance at Ross. I would be applying to enter year 2 at another CVM. I am currently looking into Iowa State, Kansas State, Colorado State, Illinois, OK State and UF. I have spoken with fellow Rossies who have transferred into ISU and Illinois and know that they had varying GPAs.

Does anyone have any recommendations, tips or tricks? Should I narrow down the schools that I apply to or continue to cast a broad net? More specifically, has anyone applied for transfer to UF and could give me some information? They do not have any details on their website for transfers and I have yet to hear back from the listed contact. I do know that there were students who dropped from the class.

I appreciate any and all advice as I'm trying to get my ducks in a row now instead of scrambling at the end of the semester - HELP

Members don't see this ad.

I know of a current second year at Illinois that successfully transferred this last summer. I'm not sure about her contact info or anything like that, and don't truly remember what semester she was in. I also know of someone who was in 2020 at Illinois who initially started at Ross. But she had to repeat the entirety of first year in the Illinois curriculum when she transferred.

I would say your best bet is your Ross network. Finding people who transferred and talking to them about what they did.