Rutgers acceptance letter and deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AetherIbex

Reaction score
I recently received an acceptance letter from RSDM asking me to deposit $2500 to matriculate for the Fall 2023 semester. I am also, however, awaiting a decision from UMSOD from an interview I had with them last Thursday. The deadline for the RSDM deposit is the 31st of January, but I do not expect to hear from UMSOD until after the 31st. Will submitting the deposit for RSDM be a binding decision that will leave me out of the possibility of going to UMSOD? Or can I submit the deposit to RSDM and still go to UMSOD if I get an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently received an acceptance letter from RSDM asking me to deposit $2500 to matriculate for the Fall 2023 semester. I am also, however, awaiting a decision from UMSOD from an interview I had with them last Thursday. The deadline for the RSDM deposit is the 31st of January, but I do not expect to hear from UMSOD until after the 31st. Will submitting the deposit for RSDM be a binding decision that will leave me out of the possibility of going to UMSOD? Or can I submit the deposit to RSDM and still go to UMSOD if I get an acceptance?
deposits are non-binding
and non-refundable...

Reactions: 2 users
Overall, I am okay with losing out on the $2500 to go to a school I like better. But I am glad to know I am allowed to do this. Thank you