Letter of Interest - Rutgers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amu.98

Reaction score
I applied in mid-July to late-July to a lot of schools and have interviews at a couple. However, I live in New Jersey and Rutgers IS is way cheaper for me in comparison to any school I can get into. Can I send a letter of interest to Rutger right now or should I wait? Can you leverage acceptances from other schools to get an interview at your in-state? I am currently working at Columbia and finished my undergraduate degree in 2020 and my master's in 2021. I'm not sure if this negatively affects a letter of interest as I have not done anything since I submitted my application since I work full-time in clinical research.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied in mid-July to late-July to a lot of schools and have interviews at a couple. However, I live in New Jersey and Rutgers IS is way cheaper for me in comparison to any school I can get into. Can I send a letter of interest to Rutger right now or should I wait? Can you leverage acceptances from other schools to get an interview at your in-state? I am currently working at Columbia and finished my undergraduate degree in 2020 and my master's in 2021. I'm not sure if this negatively affects a letter of interest as I have not done anything since I submitted my application since I work full-time in clinical research.
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 user
You’re overthinking it. Either they give an interview or not. A letter won’t do anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They could careless if you got into another school. They have so many applicants to choose from....

Reactions: 1 user
What's your mission fit with Rutgers, other than being an in-state? I'm sure they will review every in-state applicant, so I don't think it would hurt you to send a note, but you need to interest me with what you say. I get a lot of "robot" connect/friend requests on social media, including a few that claim "I really want to talk with you!" I've never met the person; the person doesn't seem to have much in common with me except perhaps an interest in medicine... but I could choose to throw it away because it's spam.

I know you're interested because you sent in your supplemental fee. As mentioned, trust the process, but as an in-state, you can send a note that adds value to your application. Do it wrong, and you can lose value. So is your clinical research employment valuable to you or to Rutgers? How does it add value to your application?

Reactions: 1 users