Rutgers Master of Biomedical Sciences

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by MVD89, May 14, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. MVD89

MVD89 2+ Year Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Hello everyone,
    I just got accepted to Rutgers MBS program and was wondering if anyone on here attended this program and had some feed back? I am debating between the thesis based program vs the coursework program. Any advice on living in Newark, is a car necessary or is public transportation enough to get around? Also has anyone else heard back from them and looking for a roommate?:) Thank you!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jake36

Jake36 2+ Year Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Hey I have a question when did you apply? I still haven't heard yet and my stuff was in around late april

4. ngpredent

ngpredent

Jul 27, 2014
    I'm looking into applying to this program next year. If you don't mind me asking, what was your GPA and DAT score when you applied?

5. valkyrie08

valkyrie08

Jun 1, 2014
    I was interested in this program too! I was planning to apply next year.

6. tooth knockn

tooth knockn Treat others how you want to be treated 2+ Year Member

Dec 2, 2012
    NY
    Have any New Yorkers done this ?

Before????

7. robertmarino

robertmarino 2+ Year Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Queens, NY
    I've heard it's easy to switch from the non-thesis to thesis (vice-versa) once in the program. Just need to decide whether you'd want to do research.

8. hopefulfuturedoctor12

hopefulfuturedoctor12

Jan 8, 2015
    Hello!

I am planning on applying to this program, and I was wondering if anyone has any information about numbers (GPA,MCAT) required to get in. I know currently on the website it says most accepted applicants in previous years had a 3.0 or above GPA, and above a 22 MCAT. I currently have a 3.3 GPA but only a 19 MCAT. I do have over 400+ hours of research as well as other things on my resume. Do you think I have any chance of getting accepted?

9. allthatjas

allthatjas 2+ Year Member

Sep 14, 2012