Rutgers Master of Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MVD89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just got accepted to Rutgers MBS program and was wondering if anyone on here attended this program and had some feed back? I am debating between the thesis based program vs the coursework program. Any advice on living in Newark, is a car necessary or is public transportation enough to get around? Also has anyone else heard back from them and looking for a roommate?:) Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I have a question when did you apply? I still haven't heard yet and my stuff was in around late april

I'm looking into applying to this program next year. If you don't mind me asking, what was your GPA and DAT score when you applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interested in this program too! I was planning to apply next year.

Have any New Yorkers done this ?

Before????

I've heard it's easy to switch from the non-thesis to thesis (vice-versa) once in the program. Just need to decide whether you'd want to do research.

Hello everyone,
I just got accepted to Rutgers MBS program and was wondering if anyone on here attended this program and had some feed back? I am debating between the thesis based program vs the coursework program. Any advice on living in Newark, is a car necessary or is public transportation enough to get around? Also has anyone else heard back from them and looking for a roommate?:) Thank you!

Hello!

I am planning on applying to this program, and I was wondering if anyone has any information about numbers (GPA,MCAT) required to get in. I know currently on the website it says most accepted applicants in previous years had a 3.0 or above GPA, and above a 22 MCAT. I currently have a 3.3 GPA but only a 19 MCAT. I do have over 400+ hours of research as well as other things on my resume. Do you think I have any chance of getting accepted?